• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

rAndom

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sephiroth reminds me more of Mewtwo for some reason. He's like Mewtwo with a sword lol.

Aiming some of his attacks takes a bit of getting used to, but he's pretty solid.

Last edited:

rottenpie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Bombing mission - Yuzo Koshiro
Aerith Theme - Keiichi Okabe
Main theme - Motoi Sakuraba
Cosmo Canyon - Yoko Shimomura

OMFG Keiichi Okabe doing Aeris' theme?!!!!?
giphy.gif

It sounds incredible!!!!

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, is metaknight really a villain? I mean, he started as a villain, but he became more of a rival to Kirby rather then an enemy.
True, as did Dedede. I just put him there because of the trailers highlighting him as such. To be fair, it was really highlighting rivals, so Meta Knight counts more than Mewtwo in that sense.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't call Mewtwo a villain, but I'd probably broadly classify it as an antagonist in the context of Smash. Mewtwo is the final boss of Pokémon Stadium, it's the main antagonist of the first Pokémon movie, and it's paired with Giga Bowser and Ganondorf in Melee's final event match.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
I love the shot of all the other villains clapping at the destruction Sephiroth brought even though they got their own asses kicked.

rAndom

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a bug but there are fights where Sephiroth doesn't lose his wing despite getting the KO. Dunno if it's just on my side.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Wish there was a bit more music to make up for the Cloud situation, but what's there now covers FFVII pretty well at least.

Are there any more details about what Sakurai was mentioning with the music copyrights being shared by multiple companies and even different ones overseas? How the hell did that happen?

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For a die hard Nintendo fan, Final Fantasy VII will always feel like the iconic blockbuster game that got away, it just warms the heart to have FFVII so prominent in Smash. That music too.

IneptEMP

Jan 14, 2019
Sephiroth's moveset is really boring, easily the least interesting character of both Fighters Passes. He's still an anime swordsman at the end of the day. Edit: or at least tried with Byleth.

Meta Knight tried to conquer Dream Land because everyone was lazy. Kirby then killed all of Meta Knight's allies and crashed his ship.

I don't know if that makes him a villain

DynamicSushy

Sep 7, 2019
Not sure if I should just get the sephiroth dlc seperately or the whole fighters pass. I got the first pass and thankfully everyone was cool, but not really interested in the other fighters in the second fighters pass so far.
if Sephiroth is the only character I end up buying, I will be disappointed that only 1 character interested me in this whole Fighters Pass, but happy at the same time that I only spent 6 bucks.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Seems like a bug but there are fights where Sephiroth doesn't lose his wing despite getting the KO. Dunno if it's just on my side.

Sephiroth keeps the wing if the opponent dies from some way other than Sephiroth killing them directly. Not sure if that's what you're experiencing.

rAndom

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sephiroth keeps the wing if the opponent dies from some way other than Sephiroth killing them directly. Not sure if that's what you're experiencing.

Nope. It's Sephiroth delivering the KO. I played 1v1 online when I first saw it. Then replicated it against a CPU. I'll try to get a video of it when I get a chance to repeat it.

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna try my hand at the boss thing later today.

Maybe it's not about strictly KOing the opponent but changing the situation enough in your favor? There might be some factors and variables involved like what makes the wing appear.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
lol at the stage spoiling the game's ending

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Now that we know Sephiroth can only use gigaflare it's canonical that Donald Duck is stronger.

Gatito108

Jun 10, 2018
Gonna try my hand at the boss thing later today.

Maybe it's not about strictly KOing the opponent but changing the situation enough in your favor? There might be some factors and variables involved like what makes the wing appear.
The amount of stocks left may be causing this? Even if he delivers the KO, he might retain the wing if he has less stocks left.

manzoman96

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
if Sephiroth is the only character I end up buying, I will be disappointed that only 1 character interested me in this whole Fighters Pass, but happy at the same time that I only spent 6 bucks.
I ended up getting the whole pass. I used an amazon gift card I got from work so I won't sweat it too much.

rAndom

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
He's definitely got his dash attack.

Aside from that, their neutral air is similar in that they emit an energy around their body. They also have an attack that has a razor-thin animation (disable, shadow flare), they both use a form of shadow ball, they both have a front barrier move that is also an attack (one does reflect, other does counter), and both have single direction strong down smash. Both also are tall glass canon characters. They really do have a lot more similarities lol.