• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Adam Sadler

Nov 9, 2017
Had to stew on this episode, it was a masterpiece. At first I was admittedly getting S2 vibes, between Vera's irritating rambling and it being split up into acts. I'm like oh god, this show getting full of itself again. But once the true purpose of their meeting was gradually revealed, my mind was completely blown. Really reframes the entire show now...

Also I find it fascinating that Vera really actually came real close to making Elliot be dependent on him if it weren't for Krista. For a character that many of us viewed as a distraction, he sure as hell made up for it last night. I suppose a tiny gripe is that he immediately died after serving his purpose, but then again, I don't think any of us really wanted to see him tussle with whiterose anyhow.

OH.
I watched last week episode and this week episode b2b. In last week episode Vera said the only way he could own him is by breaking him down and picking him back up which was crazy when you think about how he really did come close to doing that. Throughout all of his ramblings Vera was still very much in control with a goal in his mind

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What an amazing season so far. This episode is one of the alltime greats and there are still six more to go.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You know what's messed up? This is somehow the third show I've watched this week that had a similar reveal to what we got tonight. I have some shitty ass luck, I need that kind of stuff spaced out...

I watched last week episode and this week episode b2b. In last week episode Vera said the only way he could own him is by breaking him down and picking him back up which was crazy when you think about how he really did come close to doing that. Throughout all of his ramblings Vera was still very much in control with a goal in his mind

Yea you started to take him even less seriously when Mr. Robot was being his snarky self, yet slowly but surely Vera regained control.

Did he? Elliot was so disconnected to him at the end, and he was willing to kill him at the midpoint of the intervention. That doesn't exactly scream codependence.

Well maybe it's not as bad as it looked, or the next episode would have him begin to bounce back, but my main point is that Vera got dangerously wayyyyyy closer than I thought he would. I scoffed at him thinking he could do something like that, but a reveal like that definitely is the kind of thing that would make Elliott susceptible, especially with him genuinely reacting sympathetically.

Deleted member 46958

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
It is absolutely indescribable how incredible this episode was. I watched it this morning and it has affected my mood for the day. I can't stop thinking about it.

As a fan since the first season, this revelation was blindsiding. But it was always there, from the very first episode.

My god. My god.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Last night's episode has me rethinking the entire series but the parts I want to revisit are the scenes with Elliot and Angela. Their families were close and Angela feels like more of a true friend to Elliott than Darlene in many of these. It makes sense why Elliott and Darlene would have been really close to Angela's mom, her house was a safe haven for them.

It's possible Elliot and Darlene were removed from the home once Edward was found out.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
Side note...

Technically did they just kill off Mr. Robot? I don't see how he can come back after this.

Zeroneo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting that Mr. Robotr returns and saves Elliot one last time before finally merging with him.

Introvert

Nov 5, 2017
It's creepy the way Mr. Robot says "I can't protect you anymore." and then walks off the screen without the camera following him or seeing him for the remainder of the episode. I hope that wasn't his death.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Man what a great episode! It was so well done!

I'm really conflicted with this show. it has great cinematography and acting, and some legit great moment with characters, and at the same times it goes way too far with the story and the conspiration shit, with deus group and so on, i felt it was way more interesting in season 1 but they kept escalating things with each seasons!

I know that's the point of the whole thing and i still appreciate it a lot thanks to the other qualities i just mentionned!

Oct 26, 2017
I actually have no idea which one I like better, Don't Delete me or 407. These two are the de facto best episodes of the series.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I think this is arguably the best season of TV I've ever seen.

It has the artsy aspect of 2, the tension of 3, and the twists of 1. I thought S3 was Esmail firing on all cylinders but it's clear he had one last gear.

I was already super hyped for the new BSG he's working on but now...

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
I watch a lot of different shows and have a bad memory so I forget about stuff really quick. It's a true testament to how memorable that episode was that the next day I still can't stop thinking about it.

MarkN

Oct 13, 2018
Was just starting to lose interest in the show, it felt like the buildup to the deus group meeting was like a day in show time but stretched out over 4 episodes. But WOW I am back in 200 percent! these last few episodes have so much to play with! this is back in the running for GOAT television folks!
so many things have changed after this episode. Does Whiterose know about this past with elliot?All her power I would think she would know, maybe thats another reason she wants Elliot alive to see the end of her project? could...could she really be planning to turn back time some how to save her partner and help Elliot? that last parts mostly a joke but dam WHO KNOWS ANYMORE. Also did we ever specifically see anything of Elliot's dad gravestone or anything specifically showing on paper that he's dead? I have a terrible memory but what if he's been in prison? what a gut wrenching scene that would be!

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I have been blown away by Elliot Villar this season. What an incredible performance. This dude needs more roles! That was one of the best episodes of television I have seen.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
This was one of the best duels on screen. The stage play framing and dividing the acts was just enough immersion breaking to elevate the material. Villar and Malek's chemistry was otherworldly, just pure acting talent distilled.

Oct 26, 2017
Both of these episodes made me cry which rarely happens with TV all year. So amazing. Don't delete me was super under-appreciated with critics.

Happened to me too. Don't Delete Me is particularly personal to me because I can remember when I wanted to kill myself because it felt like I wasn't contributing anything to the world, while I was getting beat down mentally due to bullying. When Elliot broke down after sending the kid home, that's when I broke down too.

I cried when the revelation of this episode was shown. Rami Malek should win a fucking Oscar for how varied his range was. Went from being a legitimate threat towards Vera, to showing concern for Krista's well-being, to breaking down when he realized what his repressed memory was.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
My partner has DID and related to these events on an extremely personal level. Let's just say this episode shook us to our core, rattled our souls. This might have been the realest portrayal of this sort of thing I've ever seen in media. This episode deserves every bit of praise it's getting, it was handled so perfectly and thoughtfully.

Last edited:

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
I'm still pretty speechless from last night's episode. I will say that even though I think Vera got what he deserved in the end, his final speech to Elliot was incredibly moving. The final 15 or so minutes of the episode were emotionally raw in a way that really hit me hard.

I actually have no idea which one I like better, Don't Delete me or 407. These two are the de facto best episodes of the series.
Agreed. Both episodes were incredibly well-acted and just so damn devastating.

MoonScented

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Without any spoilers, could someone tell me if this season is good so far? I loved 1 and liked 3, 2 had some issues for me. I hoping this is a great send off.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Without any spoilers, could someone tell me if this season is good so far? I loved 1 and liked 3, 2 had some issues for me. I hoping this is a great send off.
Um, well you probably havent read the last few pages, but yes the sendoff seems to be in full glorious effect. People seemed a bit iffy on the first few episodes though, mostly wondering about direction, but there have have a few greats now and there are 6 episodes left after some pretty major stuff happened.

Oct 26, 2017

4 is a mixture of 2 and 3. It has the psychological thriller element of 2, and the suspense/tension of 2 (particularly because the major arc of season 4 is inherently suspenseful and filled with tension).

I think it's on par with season 3, but it is a lot more introspective. So don't expect any more stage 2-tier shenanigans.

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America

Mr. Robot is a show that is best suited for modern 'binge watching' culture - having the story at your finger tips corrects some of the story pacing issues that Esmail can sometimes put the story hes telling into. This is probably the bigger issue of Season 2; when I did a rewatch of S2 prior to 4 starting, I noted that I enjoyed it better than I remember enjoying it when it was a weekly experience. Part of this is not every 1 episode is structured to move the plot forward - S2 had many episodes that were built around building up other characters or exploring a personality trait or aspect to a relationship (the sitcom episode of S2 is a perfect example).

4 is absolutely great - it hangs with the show's best (Most of S3, imo), and most recently has set the bar for the show at an all-time high. That being said, if you haven't started it yet, and you didn't like the deliberate pacing of S2, I might recommend you wait until its fully over.

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
OH! Don't know if anyone else noted, but they played an orchestral version of the show's main theme during Elliot & Vera's conversation at the end of the episode. Its actually haunting.

Oct 26, 2017
Mr. Robot is a show that is best suited for modern 'binge watching' culture - having the story at your finger tips corrects some of the story pacing issues that Esmail can sometimes put the story hes telling into.

Can't say I agree with that. The show is demanding of your attention and assumes you're not a passive viewer. Binge watching it the modern way results in missing out on plot points.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Can't say I agree with that. The show is demanding of your attention and assumes you're not a passive viewer. Binge watching it the modern way results in missing out on plot points.
I so wholeheartedly agree. I actually cannot even imagine binge watching it. I enjoy letting it all marinate so to speak and having something to look forward to each week.
Then again I was raised on the traditional model of watching television shows, so to me it is just normal.

And just came to to thread to share that as already stated, last night's episode was holy fucking shit amazing. One of the single best episodes of TV ever done imho.
So much so that immediately after it was over I rewound it and watched the last 30 or so minutes again. I have not done that ever that I can remember. I would have rewound the whole episode but on Sunday night I generally go to sleep as soon as the episode is over. I was tired as shit today at work but well worth it. I plan on watching the entire episode again at some point this week.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I would rewatch this entire show right now if it weren't for not yet quite knowing the whole deal behind the third personality.

transience

Found the ultimate water hazard
Oct 27, 2017
fuck me. I was not ready for that at all. that may have been the most powerful hour of television I've ever seen.

I'm trying to process how you can go from that to the deus group/dark army stuff. at this point, it kind of feels like two different conflicts? that'e been true from episode 1 but it's so much more apparent now.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
it will be a crime if rami Malek doesn't get an Emmy for this episode. such a fucking haunting performance

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So can we assume
That they got taken out of their homes after his father was discovered, probably by the Doctor? (The doctor was not having any of that shit his parents were saying, probably because he already did some exams.) Edward was probably already sick at the time, so Angelas mother could be already sick too, so thats why they could be living with her. I also think thats possible that Edward either did those things to the two of them, or made them do it together, hence the dissonance of Elliot trying to kiss Darlene, since he "forgot" that was not okay. Thats probably the reason Mr Robot was so against doing that shit to Olivia when they had no qualms fucking that pedophile lawyer, because they were now going after someone who suffered just like Elliot did.

Deleted member 46958

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
So can we assume
That they got taken out of their homes after his father was discovered, probably by the Doctor? (The doctor was not having any of that shit his parents were saying, probably because he already did some exams.) Edward was probably already sick at the time, so Angelas mother could be already sick too, so thats why they could be living with her. I also think thats possible that Edward either did those things to the two of them, or made them do it together, hence the dissonance of Elliot trying to kiss Darlene, since he "forgot" that was not okay. Thats probably the reason Mr Robot was so against doing that shit to Olivia when they had no qualms fucking that pedophile lawyer, because they were now going after someone who suffered just like Elliot did.

very good point about Darlene and the kiss. Woah, imagine that?

You know what I believe? That WR knows. I think that explains the copy of Lolita on the desk during Angela's interview, why little Angela asked Older Angela those two questions about her father as well.

He has to know.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
very good point about Darlene and the kiss. Woah, imagine that?

You know what I believe? That WR knows. I think that explains the copy of Lolita on the desk during Angela's interview, why little Angela asked Older Angela those two questions about her father as well.

He has to know.

Wait, do you think that the
Abuse happened to Angela too?

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
As I said before, that lead me to thinking about one of the Butterfly Effect timelines and how much more horrific it might be.