• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
May 25, 2019
London
Even if not officially revealed we can basically say we know the titles of all the episodes. Series finale will be 413 Payload Too Large.
Any conspiracy theorist nutter out there that can deduce something from the titles? So far they seem kinda random.

For me, 407 Proxy Authentication Required will be a big episode revelation wise, based on the theories floating around.

Payload Too Large means one of two things to me:

• The project can't be moved to the Congo or gets sabotaged by Elliot
  • The alternate worlds rumor/idea is true but whatever Whiterose is hoping to accomplish (bring people back, or go there herself) can't happen

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
404 Spoilers:
If that's really how Esmail wants to off two major characters 4 episodes into their final 13 episode season, I'm gonna be pretty bummed. He had Walstrom do an interview confirming his death in the Hollywood reporter just like he did with Portia. They had Jon Snow lie about that shit for a good while publicly so it's possible this is a red herring, because the alternative probably reality is far more disappointing.
Portia is confirmed
in the first episode. They flash her head with a bullet wound for a split second when Elliot is in front of the computer in his apartment

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Why did Tyrell tell Elliot to go pay for the gas and a lighter, then go inside himself? Didn't make sense to me.

Easy_D

Oct 28, 2017
I liked this episode, sure it was very filler, but it felt nice.

Why did Tyrell tell Elliot to go pay for the gas and a lighter, then go inside himself? Didn't make sense to me.
Probably to see what was taking so long, the cashier seemed quite chatty and Elliot hadn't even begun to pay when Tyrell went inside

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017

People on reddit are theorizing there's something weird going on here. There are multiple scenes that have the exact same shots shown twice, but are slightly different. Some weird timeline fuckery?

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017

Everything seemed like it took place twice. Darlene leaving the voicemail for Elliott then leaving a different one. Two interactions with cashier with two different outcomes, Darlene's interactions with santa in the car going one path only to result in a different path followed by two different interactions outside of his house. The trio taking two paths through the woods with both having different outcomes. Dom having two paths with one of them being a dream.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Episode 4 was very strange, but it was also good I guess? The pacing does seem kinda weird for a final season though.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everything seemed like it took place twice. Darlene leaving the voicemail for Elliott then leaving a different one. Two interactions with cashier with two different outcomes, Darlene's interactions with santa in the car going one path only to result in a different path followed by two different interactions outside of his house. The trio taking two paths through the woods with both having different outcomes. Dom having two paths with one of them being a dream.
The driver shot out of two different windows.

This is definitely another point towards going full parallel universes with WR's project.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
There is more to it, I agree. I remember being confused at the scene where they exited the forest to find themselves back at the gas station, because next time we saw them they were back in the forest.

I figured they had just turned around and gone back into the forest, but they don't even acknowledge it. There has to be more to the way this was directed, because a lot of those repeats are jarring.

OP
OP
Vectorman

Vectorman

Oct 25, 2017
Riding the Chillwavves
Time to go Twin Peaks y'all. Alot of the discarding of seemingly important characters and the plot seems so focused on just this meeting alone seems to show that Esmail wants to get a little weird with the end of this series. Seriously doubt that we get a definite end the way this is going.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Time to go Twin Peaks y'all. Alot of the discarding of seemingly important characters and the plot seems so focused on just this meeting alone seems to show that Esmail wants to get a little weird with the end of this series. Seriously doubt that we get a definite end the way this is going.

Didn't he already say that everything will be revealed before by the end of the season?

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
what a weird episode - but in a good way. My friend that I watched with absolutely hated it though lol.
even taken at face value, I found it pretty damn brilliant. Very effective way to build up to that ending.

However, scanning through reddit... god damn there are some wild theories.

OP
OP
Vectorman

Vectorman

Oct 25, 2017
Riding the Chillwavves
Didn't he already say that everything will be revealed before by the end of the season?

While he did mention something like that, I still find it hard to believe that especially with how unreliable our own protagonist is and how the season is constant with more exploration of the characters' psyches a la season 2. But we'll see, right?

Last edited:

efr

Banned
Jun 19, 2019
So I saw a USA ad of their upcoming and current shows while watching Mr Robot ondemand and it had a clip of Elliot sitting in a gray classroom with other people in there, saying something like "I guess I have more to do" while looking directly at the audience. I dont remember this in older seasons. Is this new footage?

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
this was the best episode of the season by far, imo. with that ending this show is delving into the surreal and I love it

Coiote

Oct 25, 2017
I actually liked the episode, but I am annoyed when a show turns off the plot armor of characters at the last season and everything just gets lethal for shock value sake. I hope it's not that and there are some shenanigans going on.

Last edited:

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Portia is confirmed
in the first episode. They flash her head with a bullet wound for a split second when Elliot is in front of the computer in his apartment

sure, after a monologue where she suggests the dead can be brought back to life.

If you're taking Mr. Robot at face value in its fourth season, you're a silly goose.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
wtf at that ending
If that is the end of Tyrell then I am going to be extremely disappointed.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea what to make of that ending but the episode was pretty successful at just being emotional.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Loved the episode, felt very Halloween themed in its walk in the moon, synth music, animal sounds, just a great mix of 80s horror movies, Stranger Things, and weirdly Soprano's Pine Barrens. I still have no freaking clue whats going on but I'm loving the ride.

Nov 1, 2017
Why even keep Tyrell around after season one if he's gonna do absolutely nothing for 2.5 seasons and then die? Esmail keeps saying stuff like "In the writers room, we realized it made sense for his story to end here" but it absolutely doesn't

Tater

Oct 30, 2017
Maybe Whiterose is trying to find a universe where her lover didn't kill himself.

This is my theory as well. I had though that Esmail was going to keep things grounded, but that's the only way any of Whiterose's actions make sense. I assume that's why Angela had her breakdown, as she thought Whiterose could 'bring them back'.

Then again, maybe Tyrell's quote from this episode was aimed at these sorts of theories, and everyone is just doomed.

Ramala

Oct 28, 2017
Santa Monica, LA
I'm waiting for S4 to already be in a parallel dimension where Mr. Robot is alive and Eliot and Tyrell are his alters. Or something.

I really hope that's not the end of Tyrell. That was uncharacteristically dumb for Mr. Robot.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
Man, watching this episode it felt like either a complete nothing filler episode, or something incredibly important was happening haha.
All these theories about parallel universes and duality are great, I love all the speculation and theorising.

As much as I wish I could watch the whole season right now, this show feels like a great advocate for releasing only one episode per week.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Very odd episode. It certainly was the weakest of the season so far for me, though there's always the potential for parts of it to look a lot better in hindsight once the season is over.

I didn't really care for how "filler-esque" it felt due to how little the plot progressed. I mean, it's not like this show doesn't have several moments/episodes where it's just about having a good conversation with someone, or an unexpected connection (i.e. that girl Elliot met this season), but this one was a lot less interesting. Though I'll admit to having gotten a bit emotional towards the end towards Tyrell's death. Which is weird, because it's not like I ever liked the guy, but I guess the music got to me.

That said, yea, if that's all there is to the character, then that would be disappointing. Angela is one thing, it made sense for her to die when she did, but Tyrell was gone for the longest time, and since he's been back he's hardly done anything of note. Even in this final episode for him, it's just him helping to clean up the mess he made for both him and Elliot. So to just go out like that, to a stray bullet of all things... meh. Then again, this is the show that unceremoniously killed off Joanna (still upset), so I guess I can't be too surprised.

Did Tyrell's voice and accent seemed really different from season 1 too?

Honestly, the dude has felt off to me since he came back in S2

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Happy Halloween Episode

Damn it Dom
You just triggered my Alexa.
I feel sad for Dom I hope she gets a better resolution

The last Tyrell shots were beautifully shot.

What if the third persona is Tyre—- good that theory is finally shot down

efr

Banned
Jun 19, 2019
sure, after a monologue where she suggests the dead can be brought back to life.

If you're taking Mr. Robot at face value in its fourth season, you're a silly goose.
She was clearly out her mind and had been for a whole season. No one has come back from the dead in this show. No one has time traveled yet.

h1nch

Dec 12, 2017
After seeing what happens when a show rushes too quickly towards it's finale (Game of Thrones) I'm perfectly fine with Mr Robot taking it's time and taking time to dwell on moments that may not seem to advance the story (I really loved Elliot's moment w/ that woman he hooked up with, even though I didn't really buy her inviting him home)

So far I really love this season. I doubt it will top season 3 which was a masterpiece IMO, but I've thoroughly enjoyed the first 3 eps so far. I got faith in Esmail and his team.