• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Most of the teen high school movies of the mid-late 90's early 00's.
10 Things is the best of the bunch but I love garbage like She's All That and Whatever it Takes

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Batman v. Superman.
I don't see anything wrong with it at all and whenever it comes up in a conversation I immediately get dunked on for liking it.

Batman Vs. Superman (especially the Dir. Cut) is a very good film that just happens to be a very poor springboard for an attempted DCU.

I treat the movie like the equivalent of a standalone graphic novel and in that sense I really, really like it.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
None. My tastes range from kids movies to horrible z-grade horror films. That being said, some of Era would seemingly run you down with pitchforks if you said that you liked any Zack Synder movie (except for maybe Watchmen).

Now that I think about it some more, probably anything from Polanski.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
220px-DEBS_poster.JPG

This movie is so fuckin dumb but I have sat through the entire thing multiple times.
Any movie that has a montage scene with Jordana Brewster lip synching Erasure is going to be worth my time

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
High School Musical

I saw it for the first time when I was like 24 (thanks Rifftrax), and after about 3 or 4 watches I legitimately enjoy it from start to finish. Terrible, awful movie

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
The Man In The Iron Mask.

I like Leo and his movies, but this has such a special place in my heart. It also has two of my favorite actors in it: Jeremy Irons and John Malkovich.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
220px-Daredevil_poster.JPG

Just the right amount of cheese, and a solid take on my favourite comic book character.

51KWR3S762L.jpg

So fucking dumb with anachronisms aplenty in terms of music, but so SO fun. Also, "He will rock you." GTFO! BUT STAY!

Asklepios

Oct 28, 2017
United Kingdom
Ashamed is too strong a word so I am uneasy about liking-
1) The Pianist by Polanski
2) Bad Teacher- I find it very funny idk , most don't.
3) Revenge of the sith
4) Sound of music- All songs are earworms.
5) Midnight in Paris by Allen.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I hate the fact that I really enjoy the themes, production values, music, and horror of Urotsukidoji: Legend of the Overfiend, because so much of it is shock shlock, offensive garbage, and gratuitous sex, and I actively hate so much of it... but I still like it, damn it.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
My list is little too long to mention.
Sometimes mindless entertainment is exactly what the doctor ordered, and I always try to keep in the back of my mind that it not only takes a usually insane amount of people to make a movie, but the movie itself was almost always the idea of someone first, so it was their "baby" so to speak.
Simply put, I recognize the fact there is usually a lot of hard work that goes into making a movie, even the bad ones.

Rhomega

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I picked Avengers: Endgame as my 2019 Movie of the Year, despite having also seen Jojo Rabbit, Knives Out, and Parasite.

Also, disaster movies like Deep Impact and 2012.

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
The way I hear people rag on it constantly like it's garbage, I wonder if I'm crazy for thinking Mandy is absolutely brilliant and was instantly one of my favorite of all time.

Dec 4, 2018
United Kingdom
Constantine.

Love it.
I Second that. It's not perfect. And I guess if your familiar with the comics it's not great. But for what it is: I love it

I was talking to a friend earlier about how now people either love films like the second coming and think everyone should love them too, or that they are the scum of the earth and no one is entitled to like it: you should never be a shamed of what you like (Assuming it's not offensive/illegal/immoral)

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
Not ashamed at all but I know alot of people don't like either of these movies:

Pootie Tang
The Fifth Element

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ready player one

It seems like everyone I've talked to shits on this movie for its admittedly thin plot and over reliance on pop cultural references but I've seen it several times now and still think it's great.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
I usually love DC movies

Watchmen is top 3 superhero movies of all time

And it actually improved the comic's ending with that change (fight me)

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Honestly I love the shit out of Octopussy

It's the movie where James Bond dresses up as a clown to diffuse a bomb in a circus tent

Octopussy-Clown-Suit.jpg

Volcane

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I like some deemed bad movies i.e.

Battlefield:Earth
Battleship
Green Lantern
Thor : The Dark World

Oct 25, 2017
The 1998 Lost in Space movie tickles me. Gary Oldman is a fun man spider and what's not to like about 90s cgi space spiders in general
I cannot defend myself. All I can say is that it goes down a little easier after the first 10-15 minutes.

I also like this movie
How can I dislike any movie putting Jim Carrey and Tommy Lee Jones together in something unapologetically stupid