• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cocksman

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
3117.jpg

for me it's The Good, the Bad , and The Ugly. I love westerns. I've seen the other two films in the series. I enjoyed them both. I have no idea why I haven't decided to sit down and watch this classic. I even own it! Too much time on the internet talking about movies instead of watching them I suppose.

what's yours and why haven't you watched it?

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A Christmas Story.

I've seen it parodied and referenced enough now that I'm fairly certain I know the entire plot and every gag beat for beat. There's basically no point in watching it for me at this point.

Roberto Duran

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen any of the Harry Potter films, and I live in the UK!

On the the first two pages of the most popular films on Letterboxd, I have not seen Whiplash, Inside Out, Birdman, Truman Show, The Revenant, The Lobster, or Finding Nemo.

I try to watch films in cinemas, so I missed all of these.

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
A lot of the classics I haven't seen.

Citizen Kane, gone with the wind come to mind.

I also haven't seen the Eastwood trilogy that OP mentioned.

Haven't seen The Shining, but have been meaning to.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Probably the old classics at this point

Casablanca, Gone With the Wind, Citizen Kane, North By Northwest and their kind

My movie knowledge is extensive and varied, and I've seen a tonne of obscure classics but not really the big hitters

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
Bourne films. Got nothing against them, just usually saturated with that type of action whenever they come up and move onto something else.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Probably the old classics at this point

Casablanca, Gone With the Wind, Citizen Kane, North By Northwest and their kind

My movie knowledge is extensive and varied, and I've seen a tonne of obscure classics but not really the big hitters
pretty much me. I have seen movies like The Lobster, but I have yet to see any of the above.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
It's a Wonderful Life, The Godfather, Casablanca, Gone with the Wind.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
for me it's The Good, the Bad , and The Ugly. I love westerns. I've seen the other two films in the series. I enjoyed them both. I have no idea why I haven't decided to sit down and watch this classic. I even own it! Too much time on the internet talking about movies instead of watching them I suppose.

what's yours and why haven't you watched it?

This was mine almost exactly 10 years ago. Even though I knew the general setup for the ending, I actually never knew how it got to that point or how it ended, and was really surprised by how much it had me at the edge of my seat.

I liked A Fistful of Dollars and A Few Dollars More, but TGTBatU really blew me away by how well it held up. You should watch it!

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
I haven't watched any of the Marvel movies since the first X-Men, or any of the Star Wars movies except for The Phantom Menace and part of one of the first three (don't remember which).

mikhailguy

Banned
Jun 20, 2019
If Beale Street Could Talk.

Loved Moonlight, but still haven't seen the director's follow-up

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I've still yet to see End Game. Marvel movies are fun for annihilating some popcorn, but even after Infinity War, I just didn't really have much of a desire to go back and clean that story up. I also missed like half of the movies in the middle there. Saw some Iron Mans, saw a Hulk or two, one Captain, and that's it I think.

Deleted member 8683

User requested account closure
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Came here to say this.

I feel incredibly out of touch regarding everything 'superhero' and I love it.
People who are in the same situation don't need to feel bad about it either, or "left out"; it's pretty much a "seen one, seen all" genre, expanded over a lot of movies at this point. It's a guilty pleasure of mine though, and all of them are fine on their own, but following it all is a bit too much.

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
actual surprise? not really a lot

the Jurassic park movies come to mind as something I was actually surprised to realize I haven't seen when they showed up on some streaming stuff recently

no particular reason I haven't just never have

Good4Squat

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Harry Potter movies, Godfather Part 2 (and 3) , any Charlie Chaplin movies, Gone with the wind, Citizen Kane, all Hitchcock movies except for Psycho, the birds and Rope, just to name a few.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Die Hard
The Godfather Trilogy
Most black and white classics. Loved 12 Angry Men.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
Generally speaking as a lifelong film buff, if there's a "legendary" movie I haven't seen--LotR: Return of the King, for example--it's because I have no interest in seeing it. Therefore, I can entirely believe why I haven't seen such-and-such film.

On the other hand, there remain a tiny handful of "classics" which have, as yet, still eluded me due to scarcity or a paucity of decent elements . When The Wind (1928) dropped on Criterion Channel a short while back, I decided to end my 20+ year moratorium on waiting for a better quality print to view. Remarkable film in many ways, although sadly in need of restoration.

Last edited:

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Twighlight. The amout of shit this movie got and I need to experience it for myself.

Frester

Oct 25, 2017
Donnie Darko. Never got around to seeing it in high school and now just seems like the moment passed a long time ago.

Any of the Fast and Furious movies. Not my thing at all.

cake

Oct 25, 2017
As a huge horror fan, somehow I never saw My Bloody Valentine until last night. The movie had been on my "to do" list for ages. It was really good!

J2d

Oct 26, 2017
The fountain, every time I think I should see it it seems hard to find.

Septy

Prophet of Truth
Nov 29, 2017
United States
I just watched Scott Pilgrim vs the World yesterday. I've heard about it for a lot of years but just never watched it. Can't believe I've been sleeping on such a good movie.

TheRyzzl

Oct 5, 2018
As a big Scorsese and Tarantino fan I've never gotten around to watching Raging Bull or Jackie Brown.

Serein

Mar 7, 2018
Lawrence of Arabia. Waiting to see if it gets an individual 4k release but I might just pull the trigger on the Columbia Classics box set.

I'm seeing Casablanca a lot in the posts above and that was me too until recently as I only watched it for the first time myself about a year ago. I have to say it's a wonderful film and I have no hesitation in recommending it.

Mar 30, 2019
Never seen any of the Godfather movies. Or my Cousin Vinny. Boondock Saints. Reservoir Dogs. All those dad movies.
I would suggest watching My Cousin Vinny. It is a product of it's time, but I consider it a comedy classic.

I can sympathize with the others since they lean on the violent melodrama of various tones and quality. I watched each of them maybe twice each.

Comedy, on the other hand, warrants more rewatches from me as time passes.