• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Finding out George Miller directed Happy Feet was a mind blowing moment.
Pig in the city was too dark and I hated it as a kid, so that wasn't as much of a shock...but dancing penguins? 🤯

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Paul Michael Glaser

The_Running_Man_%281987%29_poster.jpg

Kazaam_poster.jpg

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ben Wheatley, the guy is usually known for making gritty, nasty horror movies.

I wasn't shocked, but maybe he wanted to try his hand at an old style British mystery. I actually liked Rebecca even though it landed a bit weak.

-d8W39tYL2fFB53UOzU1zuCctSexKXZYOwPS_lgdxUx2U4k5ahmj12dlGrHXb8qewEGTqrin7l3TGlqZQ6-w6Pjp1KdPx29rYl7c8gJzRWuUKDY

Rebecca_poster.jpeg

cheese toast

Oct 29, 2017
I know this veers slightly off topic, but it has taken me years to remember that Australian director George Miller (Mad Max) is not the same person as Scottish-Australian director George T. Miller (The NeverEnding Story 2: The Next Chapter).

hiredhand

Feb 6, 2019
I know this veers slightly off topic, but it has taken me years to remember that Australian director George Miller (Mad Max) is not the same person as Scottish-Australian director George T. Miller (The NeverEnding Story 2: The Next Chapter).
Not too long a ago I bought a dvd of The Man from Snowy River thinking it was by the Mad Max guy. It never crossed my mind that there might be another Australian director called George Miller who also was active in the 80's.

Oct 25, 2017
Lord and Miller qualify I'd say.

The_Lego_Movie_poster.jpg
21JumpStreetfilm.jpg

Going from an R rated raunchy buddy cop movie to a fucking kids movie about legos is pretty funny. And both were well received! They did Into the Spiderverse too.

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
I'm gonna cheat a little bit and say a book and a movie, because it really, really surprised me.

As a teen a read a book called Toy Collector that a friend recommended because I really liked Chuck Palahniuk at the time. I adored Toy Collector, it was funny and addictive, I couldn't put it down until I finished.

Flash forward 13 years and I'm watching the end credits for Guardians of the Galaxy in the theater, and the director pops up. James Gunn. I know that name. It's him! My mind was blown, I never saw Slither or anything so I had no idea he was a director.

TLDR:

v3oDvkp.jpg

EKjsnKM.jpg

Last edited: