• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 31, 2017
All these movies I loved as a kid are still good with me especially Blank Man & Meteor Man

I was just talking to a friend about how TMNT 2: Secret of the Oozo climaxes with a rap song & dance instead of a big dramatic fight.
I think it's weak narratively for your karate action movie to suddenly end in song and dance but I honestly wouldn't change it for the world.
It is pretty lame that the Shredder takes himself out but the "I love being a turtle" line right after that makes it work.
I never really cared that the turtles don't use their weapons, "Secret of the Oozo" is still my shit.

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
Ahhh this is easy: The Golden Child.

Our copy was an edited version from TV so I was surprised years later when I rewatched it with all the profanity intact.

PS: Iiiiiiii waaaaaant the kniiiiiiiiife.

Pleaaaaaaase.

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
hudson-hawk.jpg

Not sure whether Hudson Hawk falls in the category or not, but this movie was my jam. Watched it repeatedly.

Also Meteor Man was fucking awesome.

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
1306b-the-haunted-mansion-2003-poster.jpg

Another Eddie Murphy classic! My 4yo son loves the ride and loves this movie. I've probably seen it a dozen times now. I think it would have been better received if it wasn't compared against the Pirates of the Caribbean movie

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Mystery Men and Galaxy Quest.
I can't speak for Mystery Men, but I thought Galaxy Quest gets talked about in a positive light every time it's brought up. Outside of critics, I don't think I've seen people talk shit about Galaxy Quest.

If we're going by critics shitting on it though, Scott Pilgrim is the most obvious answer. That movie is mostly universally loved outside of critics though.

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
815iajU7oGL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Absolutely loved this growing up. Was surprised when I found it out reception wasn't very good lol

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
The Shadow

I feel like this movie was intentionally campy but, it also sort of filled that Tim Burton dark atmospheric style comic book blockbuster.

UmbranUndying

Feb 20, 2022
A lot of 90s schlock, like Double Dragon and Street Fighter. Waterworld was another one I really enjoyed.

Oh, and Ready to Rumble. Still a guilty pleasure of mine.

behOemoth

Oct 27, 2017
Some of the things mentioned here were absolutely beloved in my childhood.
I loved meteor man, Major Payne and Hook.

Also I always watched and loved Cutthroat Island when it was played on TV.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Another vote for The Shadow. I actually got into the old radio dramas thanks to the movie.

I'll pitch the original D&D movie. Not just because Jeremy Irons knows exactly what movie he's in but because it was cool to see something I loved on screen.

OP
OP
Lucini

Lucini

Oct 27, 2017
The love for Blank Man, Major Payne, The Pest, and Berry Gordy's The Last Dragon in here makes me happy as hell. Y'all are alright by me.

Pulp

Nov 4, 2017
MV5BMTc1NzcxODcxM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNjcyNzM5._V1_.jpg

Remember loving this movie as a kid. I was surprised to learn that it was panned by critics and audience alike. Even as an adult I can appreciate the unique visuals and frankly ridiculous plot. Sure, it may not be a masterpiece in writing, but as a movie for kids I thought they nailed it pretty well.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
I loved Meteor Man as a kid. I saw it again a few years ago and still really enjoyed it. As for Hook, I really struggle to see how people couldn't like it. It's one of my favorite Spielberg movies.

SuperDevilJoe

Dec 27, 2021
3 Ninjas was never far from the VHS player. The first Mortal Kombat I rented a ton--I also on more than one occasion rented a crappy animated CG Mortal Kombat movie thinking it was the Live Action movie. I was pissed and surprised every time I got home lol.

Rated-G

Oct 29, 2017
Fievel Goes West was as respected as the 90s Disney movies at home.

I have fond memories of this movie from childhood, and ended up watching it for the first time in years a few weeks ago. What a bizarre movie. Still more entertaining than the original American Tail though.

In my house, Ready to Rumble, Major Payne, and Euro Trip were faves. I still really enjoy all three despite some of the jokes having aged very poorly. Still quote some scenes regularly.