• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You ever see these? The bootleg riffs of popular movies, usually ones that are still in theaters? I've had to warn a couple people away back when I was working retail before someone bought something they didn't actually want.

Before your grandma got you a movie because "little Billy loves those Transmorphers"
250px-Transmorphers2.jpg

The one I had to stop someone from buying was this
91HeHrX7bbL._SY445_.jpg

San Andreas was still in theaters at the time.

And I just came across this one today
MV5BYWUxMGRmYWMtMzE2Mi00YzAwLWE2ODctOWE4NzdlNGNlOWRmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzgwNTM1MTg@._V1_.jpg

Do you have a favorite one of these, Era?

Dec 12, 2017
There's an 'Avengers' mockbuster starring Casper Van Dien with public domain fairy tale characters subbing in for superheroes.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Never forget the day I was in Blockbuster and gazed upon "The Day the Earth Stopped" and started belly laughing hard as fuck.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any non-MCU Marvel movie that uses almost the same Marvel Studios logo at the beginning of their movies.

bananab

Oct 27, 2017
That Scary Stories doc was in production for ages and really isn't like these others. It's not great but I don't think it was meant to dupe anyone. It came out first!

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
To be fair, watching either San Andreas movie will probably result in a shit night.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I saw this xmen ripoff on the plane. The jlaw blue character was called Raven but her face was more smurfy - and the chick from game of thrones was in it as emo-Vger from Star Trek the motion picture.

They had a Magenta guy who didn't have half the magnet abilities of the real one and none of it made much sense.

Also had a weird albino alien who had whatever powers the scene called for (I think her name was "powder") and dime store made up "xmen" like "dazzler" at first I thought it was a real xmen movie but then I remembered they already did the dark Phoenix plot.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bryce Bander, Dark Willow, Commander Patriot, Steel Warrior, and Zeus, God of Thunder.

dims

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely had some of the animated versions of these. I think the Pocahontas one I had was more accurate than the Disney movie...

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I was gonna post that Dinesh Dsouza movie but I got too grossed out to search his name.

OP
OP
Z-Beat

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Uhh this one is a documentary on the book series
Yeah, that didn't start popping up in earnest until the movie came out with no "a documentary" on the front because they want you to make that mistake

I picked it up confused and had to look on the back and see a picture RL Stine apparently in that documentary to realize

Last edited:

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
Their Sherlock Holes ripoff looks better than the original, at least judging from the cover!

Sherlock_Holmes_Les_Mysteres_de_Londres.jpg

OP
OP
Z-Beat

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The doc was made in May. And the front says the story behind the book series
You're just gonna have to trust me on this. It's a trick. Get an axe

Nightmare on Elm Street also had a documentary that coincided with a release but it wasn't deliberately made to look like the movie released early

Last edited:

Serein

Mar 7, 2018
QvnL18sV_o.jpg

I think they managed to get this out before Pacific Rim as well.

The reason that the Jackie Chan film Project 'A' is called as such is so that other studios couldn't guess what kind of film he was making and rush their own film about pirates out to compete with him.

Last edited: