• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Guddha

Sep 5, 2019
Marduk slew Tiamat with his axe, so there's a mythological precedent for it being an effective weapon against God level or greater threats.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
Movie Darkseid comes off as very weak considering Superman shrugged off an axe in the movie too.

MX76R2a.jpg
His cape itself seems to be tougher than Dörkseid.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
so Aries almost beat darkside, ww then beat Aries but cant beat steppenwolf with out superman? makes sense
Aries is greatly weakened by the time of Wonder Woman. The Aries in the battle against Darkseid was at his prime and the same goes for Zeus. When Ares overthrew Zeus, Zeus greatly damaged Ares. Zeus then created a god killing sword for the Amazons in the event ares ever re-emerged.

darfox8

Nov 5, 2017
USA
Aries is greatly weakened by the time of Wonder Woman. The Aries in the battle against Darkseid was at his prime and the same goes for Zeus. When Ares overthrew Zeus, Zeus greatly damaged Ares. Zeus then created a god killing sword for the Amazons in the event ares ever re-emerged.
Also, that whole conflict would theoretically make Ares stronger the longer it went on, maybe.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
All I know is that both Thanos and Darkseid make comics look like they literally have no imagination.

Endgame and Snyder's Justice League are almost the same movie. Big cosmic bad, check. Mythical objects of insane power to fight over, check. Timey wimey stuff, check, etc etc.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
The greatest weakness of Thanos in having Josh Brolin CGI face. What a fucking weird final product for a CGI man

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
You know OP? you are onto something. Please investigate further.

Also, I see people trying to justify Darkseid being easily beaten by saying "that is not Darkseid yet, its Uxas!".
First, this was never said on the movie, thus false.
Second, that design was of Darkseid, lord of Apokolips, and in command of Apokolips' armies.
Sorry that weak Darkseid doesn't fit the head canon people have, but it is truly what we saw. He was almost killed by Ares, who in turn was killed by WW.
Darkseid always has been a large hype poor results kind of villain, if anything, the movie shows just that.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Question since I have not watched the Snyder cut. Does Darkseid for some strange reason wield a spear? That is why he is weak to axes because of the Fire Emblem weapon triangle.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Thats what makes him good though; he's a character that people in the universe can conceivably see as their father.

But fathers aren't CGI aliens.... You just can't look at an awkwardly implanted face and say "he looks so human and real, its poetically beautiful" and forget about the rest of him.

I mean, I can get if MCU fans fell for the little emotional trick with his design (as it is they were crying and devastated by the death of the misogynistic, narcissist douche Tony Stark) but to me its just another CGI villain but with a weird ass idea for his face.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
You know OP? you are onto something. Please investigate further.

Also, I see people trying to justify Darkseid being easily beaten by saying "that is not Darkseid yet, its Uxas!".
First, this was never said on the movie, thus false.
Second, that design was of Darkseid, lord of Apokolips, and in command of Apokolips' armies.
Sorry that weak Darkseid doesn't fit the head canon people have, but it is truly what we saw. He was almost killed by Ares, who in turn was killed by WW.
Darkseid always has been a large hype poor results kind of villain, if anything, the movie shows just that.
Movies can show, not tell.

Aries was weakened after this event. Why do you want to ignore that?

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
OH NO! A giant weapon to my vital organ! my only weakness!

I didn't find Darkseid intimidating at all.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
He was almost killed by Ares, who in turn was killed by WW.
Again, we know Ares got weakened by Zeus as Zeus was dying. We also know wonder woman's sword was created especially to kill Olympian gods (Note: it only did damage to steppenwolf after being weakened by Superman and then the trident stab).

Oct 25, 2017
I think a giant axe is probably my greatest weakness too
I dont know about you but a giant axe is usually not conducive to anyone's continued health

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Again, we know Ares got weakened by Zeus as Zeus was dying. We also know wonder woman's sword was created especially to kill Olympian gods (Note: it only did damage to steppenwolf after being weakened by Superman and then the trident stab).

Nah, that was a fake out. The sword was, actually, just a normal sword. Diana was the weapon that could slay gods, not the sword. I recall Ares just casually melting it at the end of the first Wonder Woman, too, so the weapons Diana had in Justice League were just normal Amazonian gear.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Darkseid is at his best when he's a demon god or a thinly veiled facist. "Alien brawler Darkseid" is easily the worst version of the character.

p19_6.jpg

8e2e035ac800804efd215b251f67f2c54a602baf.jpg

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
I'm sure it's just a bad screengrab, but Darkseid's weakness seems to be CG budget.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
Movie Darkseid comes off as very weak considering Superman shrugged off an axe in the movie too.

MX76R2a.jpg

This was neat. Why would they reshoot all this stuff

Ok so now instead of blocking the axe, Superman just kind of shows up behind Steppenwolf, delivers a one-liner about truth and justice, and punches him. And in order to do this important change we need to CGI Cavill's entire lower face lmao.

Aaaaahh

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck Thanos and Darkseid, why's everyone talking about them?
Thor and Ares are the victors, they proceed to the next round for their own Versus movie.