• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

StrifeAzure

Nov 5, 2017
mountaindew.fandom.com

VooDEW (2020)

VooDEW (2020) was a Mountain Dew flavor that was officially released for the Halloween season of 2020, marking the second annual release of the VooDEW series. In Fall 2022, this flavor alongside 2019 and 2021 returned as the Ghosts of VooDEW Past in the online DEW Store for a limited time while...

Found this at my local Wal-Mart in the 12pk variety. I was skeptical to pick up some VooDEW because the past years flavors where a bit too sweet (could never stomach to drink a whole can at once). I went ahead and picked up some and I must say WOW, this stuff is delicious and much better then past years VooDEW. The drink is refreshing, not too sweet, and easy to drink.

The VooDEW mystery flavor is really easy to decipher because the flavor is spot on, no guessing required at all.

SKITTLES

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
This just reminds me that they need to make MT Dew Black Label a primary flavor of Mt Dew. Fuck it's so good.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
Holy fuck I forgot about this coming up. I loved last year's voodew.

Hopefully we get it in soon so I can buy enough for a year. I still have a few cans of sprite cranberry from last winter lol

I drink maybe one soda every other week. Please don't think I'm buying 12 cases of soda just to stock up lmao

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I saw the thread title, clicked. Saw people said it tastes like Skittles. Usually when people say something tastes like other thing, it's not quite right but holy shit

It really do be tasting like Skittles

shoyz

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The smell alone gave me the answer instantly before I even tasted it. Not a huge fan of skittles, so the one can was too much.

Pepsi Blue's been leaked to return in Summer 2021 if you didn't hear. I'm generally not a fan of Pepsi but Pepsi Berry (blueberry juice) is the best cola in existence, imo. Sucks it's a premium 8 can pack.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
None of these limited edition flavors ever come in diet versions so I'll never be able to try them unfortunately.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Wish it came in diet.
I very much miss Diet Voltage and Diet Code Red. It's been well over a decade since the last time I've ever seen either. Out of all brands of soda Mountain Dew surprisingly has one of the smallest varieties in diet soda flavors out of them all. Up until the recently released Mountain Dew Zero Sugar it was essentially just diet Mountain Dew or nothing. They did briefly introduce diet Baja Blast earlier this year but I haven't seen any in almost 2 months now.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I very much miss Diet Voltage and Diet Code Red. It's been well over a decade since the last time I've ever seen either. Out of all brands of soda Mountain Dew surprisingly has one of the smallest varieties in diet soda flavors out of them all. Up until the recently released Mountain Dew Zero Sugar it was essentially just diet Mountain Dew or nothing. They did briefly introduce diet Baja Blast earlier this year but I haven't seen any in almost 2 months now.
I've never had diet voltage, but I still regularly get diet code red.
there was baha blast zero for a bit, but it vanished :(

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I've never had diet voltage, but I still regularly get diet code red.
there was baha blast zero for a bit, but it vanished :(

Oh? Do you live in the US? I live in the Northeast but I've not seen Diet Code Red in stores in a decade, wonder if it's region based.
I only ever managed to find a couple 20oz bottles of Diet Baja Blast. Saw online that there were Diet Baja Blast 12 can packs but after checking a dozen stores over a few weeks time span I was never able to find it unfortunately.

Neverfade

Oct 25, 2017
Whatever wiki referenced earlier is full of shit. Last year's VooDew was 100% skittles, too.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Oh? Do you live in the US? I live in the Northeast but I've not seen Diet Code Red in stores in a decade, wonder if it's region based.
I only ever managed to find a couple 20oz bottles of Diet Baja Blast. Saw online that there were Diet Baja Blast 12 can packs but after checking a dozen stores over a few weeks time span I was never able to find it unfortunately.
I live in the midwest. I can still get diet code red from most places.
I don't know if there was any when I was at the store last though. I believe their is an aluminum shortage so most of the soda companies are just focusing on their best sellers and pulling back on other flavors for now.

Cream Stout

Oct 28, 2017
mountaindew.fandom.com

VooDEW (2020)

VooDEW (2020) was a Mountain Dew flavor that was officially released for the Halloween season of 2020, marking the second annual release of the VooDEW series. In Fall 2022, this flavor alongside 2019 and 2021 returned as the Ghosts of VooDEW Past in the online DEW Store for a limited time while...

Found this at my local Wal-Mart in the 12pk variety. I was skeptical to pick up some VooDEW because the past years flavors where a bit too sweet (could never stomach to drink a whole can at once). I went ahead and picked up some and I must say WOW, this stuff is delicious and much better then past years VooDEW. The drink is refreshing, not too sweet, and easy to drink.

The VooDEW mystery flavor is really easy to decipher because the flavor is spot on, no guessing required at all.

SKITTLES

SKITTLES? Man, Supernova used to remind me of liquid skittles so I hope this is just rebranded Supernova

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
So its closer than Diet Mtn Dew or about the same?
It's basically in between diet mtn dew.
Tastes about what you would expect if you made a glass that was 55% diet and 45% regular.
a step up from diet and closer to the original, but I'm really not sure how anyone can say it tastes just like the original unless they haven't had diet or the original for like 5 years.

Though perhaps it's because I'm used to diet dew, and while I find the zero sweeter, it's no where near as sweet as regular at this point.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I live in the midwest. I can still get diet code red from most places.
I don't know if there was any when I was at the store last though. I believe their is an aluminum shortage so most of the soda companies are just focusing on their best sellers and pulling back on other flavors for now.
Thank you for explaining. Maybe it is a regional thing and it just didn't sell well in my area so they dropped it here. If I'm ever in the Midwest in the future I'll keep an eye out. That's also a large factor with many production centers not running at full capacity and raw materials in short supply.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
I thought it tasted like last year's with a slight difference. Still had a real sugary taste to it. It was ok but I didn't want a full bottle at all.