• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Hella

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
TxfKJjJ.gif

but there's another gate

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
what are the best settings to adjust for performance? I tried tinkering and none were that impactful

Airbar

Oct 26, 2017
What's worse, I managed to buy the game from the official store now ... and now Steam won't let me activcate the game because of "too many recent activation attempts, please wait a while". Fucking hell.

Edit: Anyone any experience when I can fucking finally activate the game on Steam? Like how long it takes for that lockout to be lifted.

Edit2: Just checked, so apparently the lockout timer is 30 minutes. Guess that also goes for the warning message about too many attempted purchases.

unrealist

Oct 27, 2017
A 10 year wait = tons of people that cannot wait to play. Imagine if HL3 were to be released, Steam would crash on launch day.

Sotonian

Oct 25, 2017
What's worse, I managed to buy the game from the official store now ... and now Steam won't let me activcate the game because of "too many recent activation attempts, please wait a while". Fucking hell.

Edit: Anyone any experience when I can fucking finally activate the game on Steam? Like how long it takes for that lockout to be lifted.

Edit2: Just checked, so apparently the lockout timer is 30 minutes. Guess that also goes for the warning message about too many attempted purchases.

Im waiting along with you, decided to just get it off GMG, only a £1.50 difference and got told ive tried to activate keys too many times when putting it into steam

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Well, back in 2015 the series hit 6 million. Don't see any other official numbers out there...
6 million copies for the whole series as of 2015

Warband did 4.2 million copies as of 2018 https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018...-precise-player-count-for-thousands-of-games/

Pretty sizeable then, though it's 15 year old franchise with a dedicated following so it's not too surprising. Wishing them equal success with Bannerlord.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Very tempting with the discounts applied - although I'll maybe wait to see early impressions.

A lot of my playtime of Warband was on the Napoleonic Wars expansion, so part of me is wanting to see that updated as well.

Last edited:

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Steam was giving me trouble confirming my payment but I canceled it and switched to PayPal and it worked.

installing now.

I took today off work for it. So excited.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Already got a mini army of 25 going in campaign. Was fearing it, but it feels really polished. Haven't had a single bug or anything yet.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Can't wait to hear some impressions!

Seems to be 20% off on Steam until April 13th, so I'll decide by then if early access is solid enough for my liking to jump in.

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Just playing Mount and Blade with an updated graphics engine feels like a dream come true.

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Yeah this feels really great so far. I'm very curious if the lineage stuff is actually in right away because they are really selling this family line stuff from the start.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
So I'm trying to find a Siege match. It keeps reaching 120+ players that reach my criteria (120 required for Siege match) but it never puts me in the game :(

what do i do

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
>200k viewers (and rising) on Twitch at the moment, far more than anything else right now. Suppose that happens for a lot of highly anticipated new releases, mind you.

Bastos

Oct 25, 2017
Is now a good time to start playing M&B? Never played the old ones for much time. I was too lttp.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Have been enjoying the SP, although it's crashed a couple of times around a hideout. Once resolved, and once I won my duel all was well.

Now to work and wait for MP folks to trickle in so I can get some proper sieging done.

Deleted member 82

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking €45 (with a sale) for an early access version of a game that has been in development hell for so long? Lol, no way. And I was a huge fan of Mount & Blade back in the day.

I don't know how common this thinking is, but my reasoning in such cases is that the developer has to rebuy their good will. There are a scant few developers who've had long development cycles since forever yet manage to deliver pretty much every time - Blizzard is/used to be such a company -, but Taleworlds isn't one of them. They have one game. I'm sure they're passionate and everything, and I hope M&B2 blows the first game out of the water, but the extremely long development cycle of this sequel makes me cautious.

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Is this Total War-like? Always heard the title here and there, but never looked into it.

Not really. As far as Warband is concerned, there's an RPG-style overworld where you go between towns, trade, get quests, recruit troops from villages and run into other characters and armies. When you battle, it becomes a 1st/3rd person battle a bit like Chivalry with your army versus theirs, with some control over your army's general tactics (i.e. split into infantry, archers and cavalry and give orders to hold, charge, fire at will, follow you etc.)

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Not really. As far as Warband is concerned, there's an RPG-style overworld where you go between towns, trade, get quests, recruit troops from villages and run into other characters and armies. When you battle, it becomes a 1st/3rd person battle a bit like Chivalry with your army versus theirs, with some control over your army's general tactics.
Oh, that sounds really cool!

Joco

Oct 29, 2017
Is the start of the game the same for everyone or is it procedurally generated? Because I've been up and down this town for a half hour trying to find this "party" that captured some guy and can't find anything.

THRILLHO

Nov 6, 2017
I talked to the first guy in the first village and he gave me a quest to go locate and rescue a traveller and I don't know where to go? I starting riding around the village and the outer area, but there's not even a compass?

trying to talk with the quest-giver or my brother or anybody just says "disabled for tutorial"

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Is the start of the game the same for everyone or is it procedurally generated? Because I've been up and down this town for a half hour trying to find this "party" that captured some guy and can't find anything.
I talked to the first guy in the first village and he gave me a quest to go locate and rescue a traveller and I don't know where to go? I starting riding around the village and the outer area, but there's not even a compass?

trying to talk with the quest-giver or my brother or anybody just says "disabled for tutorial"

There should be small bands of raiders milling around the first village.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15

Keep attacking bandits until you trigger the story. Also early game always go after any bandits/looters you can get your hands on for loot and experience and free troops.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Is this worth grabbing just for the multiplayer at this point? I played a lot of Warband's multiplayer, and pretty much only played multiplayer exclusively.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Is this worth grabbing just for the multiplayer at this point? I played a lot of Warband's multiplayer, and pretty much only played multiplayer exclusively.

Warband is still extremely active. By how Steam buckled under us trying to buy M&B2 today I'd say there is a good online pop for this right now. I haven't checked I'm playing campaign currently, but I bet the online is healthy already.

Status
Not open for further replies.