• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I want a PS5 version.

Give me that delicious new disc.
I didn't say they should not offer a separate PS5 release for people that didn't buy it previously. Of course they should.

But they should also offer a upgrade path for people who paid for the previous release. And I sadly I don't trust on that, I truly hope to be wrong though.

Snozz

Dec 6, 2020
Curious to see if they will have people pay full fucking price again for a PS5 version, without offering any sort of upgrade path for previous owners.

Sadly I would not be surprised if that's the case considering this is SE.

'considering this is SE who just did this for FFXIV like 3 days ago'- finished that for you

Regardless, I'd say it's likely it'll be paid for esp if new content is added

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I don't expect a PC announcement til around E3 season, curious to see what's going to be shown here

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
'considering this is SE who just did this for FFXIV like 3 days ago'- finished that for you

Regardless, I'd say it's likely it'll be paid for esp if new content is added
That's a MMO that people pay a monthly subscription for, personally I think that's the least they could do.

If anything I feel that they doing it for Avengers would probably be a better argument for them giving a upgrade path for previous owners. Will see how they do it for FF7R but I'm not holding my breath. Would love nothing more than to eat some crow on that though.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I didn't say they should not offer a separate PS5 release for people that didn't buy it previously. Of course they should.

But they should also offer a upgrade path for people who paid for the previous release. And I sadly I don't trust on that, I truly hope to be wrong though.

I might be TOTALLY off here, but I feel like Persona 5 Royal kinda set a bad precedent for this recently (an 'expanded' edition, sold at full/near-full price with no upgrade path for existing owners of P5).

With the extra glitz & glitter of 'NEXT GEN VERSION', I can totally see S-E doing the same thing.
I hope I'm wrong, as well.

Yukiko

Feb 21, 2019
Spain
I might be TOTALLY off here, but I feel like Persona 5 Royal kinda set a bad precedent for this recently (an 'expanded' edition, sold at full/near-full price with no upgrade path for existing owners of P5).

With the extra glitz & glitter of 'NEXT GEN VERSION', I can totally see S-E doing the same thing.

This has been a thing long before that tbf

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Definitely sounds like a PS5 upgrade/PC version incoming. Would be super surprised if it's anything regarding the Second Part of the game. Glad I waited out on doing a Hard Mode playthrough.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I'd pay to upgrade my PS4 version I bought last month, but I don't want to pay full price again. I'd do it at a push in a few months, particularly if more content is on offer, but I hope I don't have to.

And while I don't expect to see or hear anything about Part 2, I don't think it's as far away as people think... or at least, I expect them to start talking about it sooner than people expect.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
toriyama where's my cloud crossdressing as lightning???
15c94cd43d4be0fec0cfc5a72e886954.jpg
I tried to Google to see if anybody has done a fan render but this was all I found I'm sorry

ThNxzAf.jpg

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting to see that there's a ton of tickets available in Toronto still. Maybe other cities too? Had no idea this was happening! Distant Worlds concert was so good.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019

Nomura literally has been doing this for over a decade lol.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Definitely sounds like a PS5 upgrade/PC version incoming. Would be super surprised if it's anything regarding the Second Part of the game. Glad I waited out on doing a Hard Mode playthrough.
It is coming but it might be later than people expect. This is just some stuff I've heard here and there so don't quote me on it. I hope it's rotten info cause I want this thing quick so I can replay it.

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do you always laugh at people who've been in 10-year comas?

😂... but I still don't get your examples. KH reference?
They're referring to the Final Mix editions of KH games. They usually had extra story scenes, new bosses, etc. FF has also done it a long time with the international versions of games too. I think it stopped with XIII though.

Apr 19, 2018
Hyped. Too bad it's gonna be a Japan exclusive stream.

Oh no! So there's not going to be any way to view this from the US? No re-streams or anything?

Isn't the stream Japan only?
I can't believe that they would announce anything of importance for the rest of the world, then.

So there really is no way for non-Japanese folks to get in on the stream, huh? =/ Would gladly pay the cost to watch it.

LaytonWright

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
If there is an annoucement it will be on social media within an hour of the concert ending happened when the FF Trailer dropped the concert pre E3 and Kingdom Hearts as well