• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I don't expect a game announcement but more of a soundtrack announcement containing the 2 box sets already released.

It would be great for a PS5/PC version announcement. I don't see an Xbox version since if I recall correctly Sony had developers working on the game going by the credits.
Sony only had 1 year exclusivity.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
I don't think people should get their hopes up for the Tifa chapter. Just because they cut it out, doesn't mean it'll be put back in for a Final Remix.

It's much more likely we'll see a few extra scenes spread throughout, and additional side content.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
I think this is a bit of jumping the gun.
What he says is that there will be stuff he talk about that you can only hear from this video presentation. It doesn't necessarily mean new "game announcement" content. Could be just some behind the scene info that hasn't been shared public before.

Of course I am not ruling out them announcing a game related stuff at the concert. But this particular video is not confirming it.

This is basically where I'm at. There's no confirmation yet of any game content being announced. Could be anything. SE are known to reveal things at concerts so it's not outside the realm of possibility but still just tempering expectations.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Even though ive already platinumed it I would def replay it again before part 2 with the textures fixed on ps5 at 60fps.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
I would rather have all of them work on part 2 than have additional content for the first game

Can they finally add Tifa's classic outfit

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
I don't think people should get their hopes up for the Tifa chapter. Just because they cut it out, doesn't mean it'll be put back in for a Final Remix.

It's much more likely we'll see a few extra scenes spread throughout, and additional side content.
I think it's plausible, they wouldn't really need to make much in terms of new assets. All they would need is voice acting, motion capture (if needed), and everything else needed for additional cutscenes. If there's a special boss or new enemies that would require work as well, in addition to encounter design if it had combat.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
I think it's plausible, they wouldn't really need to make much in terms of new assets. All they would need is voice acting, motion capture (if needed), and everything else needed for additional cutscenes. If there's a special boss or new enemies that would require work as well, in addition to encounter design if it had combat.
Yeah but the question is would they want to put it back in? When story content is cut, the rest of the game is shaped around that. It's also entirely possible that despite initially wanting it in, they were ultimately happy with how the game worked without it. We've also got plans for part 2 to consider.

It's just not as simple as 'they cut it out so now they can drop it back in'.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
I would rather have all of them work on part 2 than have additional content for the first game
It's possible for DLC to be made without it taking away resources from the next game in the saga. Really depends on where they were at in the production process for the next game when VII Remake went gold. Also they had to set aside talent and/or outsource for protentional Xbox and PC ports alongside PS5 enhancements.

lusca_bueno

Nov 23, 2017
If it's content, I hope it's not something demanding that I play the game all over again to experience it like some clueless devs often make it. I already platinum'd it (played 2x) and it was a great experience. If it's content, I'd definitely like to play it, but isolated in chapter select or something cause I'm already done with the main game.

More accurate translation

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So there's a bit of a misinterpretation here. He's not saying they're revealing new content. It very well could be that they're revealing new content, but he is not explicitly saying so. He could just be referring to development anecdotes, etc. Here is a better translation:

"Hello, I'm [Motomu] Toriyama, the co-director of Final Fantasy VII Remake. We're finally going to hold the orchestra concert this weekend. Not only will there be songs from the original game, but many new songs were also written for Final Fantasy VII Remake, so I'm looking forward to the orchestra playing those. There'll be the performance of course, but there's also a bonus program in which I participate and talk a little bit about Final Fantasy VII Remake, which you'll only be able to hear [in the program]. So it would be much appreciated if you tune into that as well! It'll be held online, so lets keep the excitement going by sending each other comments! I hope we have a good time together!"

Niks

Oct 25, 2017
So there's a bit of a misinterpretation here. He's not saying they're revealing new content. It very well could be that they're revealing new content, but he is not explicitly saying so. He could just be referring to development anecdotes, etc. Here is a better translation:

"Hello, I'm [Motomu] Toriyama, the co-director of Final Fantasy VII Remake. We're finally going to hold the orchestra concert this weekend. Not only will there be songs from the original game, but many new songs were also written for Final Fantasy VII Remake, so I'm looking forward to the orchestra playing those. There'll be the performance of course, but there's also a bonus program in which I participate and talk a little bit about Final Fantasy VII Remake, which you'll only be able to hear [in the program]. So it would be much appreciated if you tune into that as well! It'll be held online, so lets keep the excitement going by sending each other comments! I hope we have a good time together!"

Figured. Thanks for the clarification.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
There is too much fire for there not to be something here. SE has a tendency to reveal stuff at the concerts for example FFVII Remake release date was announced at a concert before E3.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018

Thank you for bringing balance to the Force.

OP
OP
Uzupedro

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro

Oh, thanks for the better translation and welp :(
Hype a bit deflated.

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017

If I'm correct, I swore that Tifa's English VA mentioned that she did voice stuff for the cut content previously? So if that's true, that's at least one element done for it, and they might have actually completed a lot of it, just axed it because it didn't flow well or time.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
If they actually resuscitate the Tifa content, I'll sniff a rose in Toriyama's honor. If it's really good and non-pandering, I'll get a Lightning tattoo*

Not holding my breathe though. Could just be about an Xbox port or something.......

*Don't hold me to that

Wrynnax

Oct 29, 2017
Watch it be them announcing that the remake soundtrack is coming to spotify or something like that.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
What would be the point of adding a "classic" Yuga outfit? The updated one in the Remake is more than fine and not as sexist as the OG.

Dislike her Remake outfit in particular how there is so much black now with the added black thigh highs, the sports bra and gloves now. It looks like someone took her outfit into character customization and made sure every single clothing slot now has something in it. Also wish they didn't shorten her hair. Prefer her old one much more

Getting her Purple Pain gloves in Shinra tower just further showed how overdone all the additions are as the reddish color of them instantly improved the outfit.

LaytonWright

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
PS5 Update with Extra Content £10/$10/€10 upgrade fee includes DLC and more extra content.

Also probably PC Xbox News via Social Media

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
x1080

Lol it's almost like he spoiled the ending of LR.

OGM_Madness

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Dec 3, 2019
PS5 free upgrade? Also, please some sort of expansion/DLC. I think this game needs a mode where you can travel from Sector 7 slums all the way to the other side to Aerith church and back. Maybe a "rebuild" the slums and help the citizens with repairs, so they drop a bunch of side quests and secrets bosses, etc.

Order

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine if they add Kingdom Hearts and Advent Children costumes for Cloud

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
PS5 remaster most likely along with PC.

They did talk about a Tifa chapter that got cut so maybe that's included on PS5 and is dlc for PS4.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Curious to see if they will have people pay full fucking price again for a PS5 version, without offering any sort of upgrade path for previous owners.

Sadly I would not be surprised if that's the case considering this is SE.

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
I don't see how both Kitase and Toriyama speak at this thing and there not be some announcement or trailer. If it was just about the music, they would just have one of the musical directors there.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Curious to see if they will have people pay full fucking price again for a PS5 version, without offering any sort of upgrade path for previous owners.

Sadly I would not be surprised if that's the case considering this is SE.
I want a PS5 version.

Give me that delicious new disc.

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
I don't trust Square to do an upgrade after how they handled DQXI. I expect a full new release at this point.

I think it depends. Far as I'm aware, Avengers I believe was getting next-gen update free if you own the base. In addition, FFXIV will carry over to PS5 for free.

I feel like DQXI was a weird case, because the S version or whatever that was released elsewhere, was apparently them porting the Switch version over, instead of updating the original game that released. Still feel like they should have offered something, but I'm guessing that's likely a reason as to why.