• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019

Looks fantastic, and the rebrand is great. Great logo too.
Also more than a fangame now.

Kolibri

Nov 6, 2017
Was about to make a thread, lol :P

But it looks really good. Like: 'blends in shockingly well with the original games'-good. Super excited for this.
Oh, how nice it would be if Nintendo decided to release both this and the Mother Trilogy on Switch...

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Was confused with the retired channel they had and realized this was that Mother fan game.

So excited to hear more from them!

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
This game has been in the making for what, half a decade now? Maybe we'll get it finally now that's it's no longer Mother 4.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
images

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Freedom Planet was originally a Sonic Mod and that was able to stand on its own after a smart reskin and re-branding of the assets.

This looks to be the same transitional vein, I really hope this game ends up being a success because I love what I see so far.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
I'm glad some people understand you just have to do that so your game can actually exist by itself.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Good. This project has always been something the should be right up my alley, but the branding of Mother 4 made me unreasonably weary of the game. Calling it Mother 4 sets up some very peculiar, but hard to define, expectations for it to meet. Now, I can sort of relax that critical side of me and just embrace the game on its own terms.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
That's good. They were crazy to say they were going to release this for free. Good work deserves compensation

Iso

Oct 25, 2017
Very excited for this! Once a year or so I was always looking for updates on it, glad to see some real progress :D

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Osaka
Good move. Most fangames should probably just do this. It gives them even more room to deviate and do what they want, the less they have to bare the name of another work.
I'll be interested.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
This might be a controversial point, but I would have preferred the name "Mother 4". I get why they didn't do it for legal reasons, but Itoi has said that he basically wants fans to continue the Mother legacy. I think it would be cool if we could just have the Mother franchise get carried on over the years through various fanworks. Obviously that won't happen because of copyright reasons though. Regardless the game looks great and I'm glad to see it continue development.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
looks excellent. the title change was a smart decision
i wonder if they can release this on consoles as well.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Love how they still utilize the O in Oddity as a Mother homage. This looks fucking great and always has, can't wait for release. Hopefully they're readying console releases too.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Ooh, I forgot about this! In the end, it being scrubbed of everything and anything Mother doesn't really matter when the loving infleunce's plain as day. (Any scrubbed references aside; admittedly, I do wonder what those were.)

Regardless, I'll be keeping an eye out. The music's a huge improvement -- digging the obvious Mother 3 inspiration.