• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Animismus

Oct 27, 2017
1440p support.

If I buy a PS5 (god permits) I either have to:
1. Play on my 1080p TV on which PS5 will will output to 1080p.
2. Play on my 1440p monitor where I do most of my gaming where PS5 will either output in 4k or 1080p (the latter, most probably) and then my monitor will upscale/downscale.
3. Buy a new TV and only play late at night.

Solitude

Nov 11, 2020
Also I wouldn't say no to a 4K HDR Black Flag, but I'd imagine Ubisoft would do a remaster rather than a patch.

dgmTnul.jpg

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly I think they're in no rush to do this because Bloodborne is Bluepoint's next remake.
Remaking a 5 year old game that is already in HD rubs me the wrong way. Especially considering backwards comparability exists for PS4 games whereas it didn't for the PS3.

MavFan619

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Remaking a 5 year old game that is already in HD rubs me the wrong way. Especially considering backwards comparability exists for PS4 games whereas it didn't for the PS3.
Yeah yeah but it will look OD. And hopefully allow us to turn off chromatic aberration, which I almost hate as much as the 30 fps with shit frame pacing. (I don't think its actually going to happen.)

catashtrophe

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I want 4K/60fps upgrades to the following:

• Red Dead Redepmtion 2
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • The Last of us 2
  • Street Fighter 5
  • Everspace
  • Everybodies Golf
  • Bloodborne
  • Titanfall 2
  • Driveclub
  • Ratchet n Clank
  • Shadow of the colosuss

Shini42

Jan 7, 2018
1. Red dead redemption 2 4K without any PS4Pro reconstruction shenanigans;
2. GTAOnline at anything better, than current 1080p@30 (if that);
3. Arkham Knight at 4K;
4. ME Andromeda @60 with fast loading times;
5. Gravity Rush 2 @60 (or higher);

Not necessarily in that order.

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
  • FF7R
  • TLOU2
  • Arkham Knight
  • Uncharted 4
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Death Stranding
  • Spiderman (unlock framerate without having to buy the Remastered version)
  • Battlefield 4 (never got enhanced for Pro even, but one can dream)

Jon God

Oct 28, 2017
The Last Guardian, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Gravity Rush 2, Death Stranding, Yakuza Kiwami 2, Yakuza 6, Judgement, Psychonauts.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
As I did not finish those:
Last of Us 2
Death Stranding (which should be "easily" possible with the PC build available)

but it doesn't look like those patches are happening, which is really disappointing.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The following should all be 4K 60fps: Bloodborne, Uncharted 1-4 + The Lost Legacy, Ratchet & Clank, Gravity Rush 2, The Last Guardian, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Shadow of the Colossus.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Gravity Rush 2 for sure. Gimme that at 4k/60 pleeeease

Also, Death Stranding. I've been going back to that recently to get some of the trophies and I'd love it to get a 60fps bump or a 4K bump (or ideally, both)

Honestly I think they're in no rush to do this because Bloodborne is Bluepoint's next remake.
That'd be kinda a waste unless they just did the Remaster treatment that they did for like the MGS games and stuff. Bloodborne doesn't need a full graphical remake, just bump the resolution and framerate and turn off chromatic aberration and it'll look fantastic.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Last of Us Part 2, Death Stranding, Horizon Zero Dawn, The Last Guardian, Shadows of Colossus, Atrobot Rescue Mission, Resident Evil 7 VR, Red Dead Redemption 2, BLOODBORNE, Uncharted : Lost Legacy, Subnautica (confirmed PS5 native version coming early 2021), Star Wars Squadrons VR (seems to have got a PS5 BC-mode settings/lighting/resolution upgrade already - very happy)

Last edited:

Mathiassen

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I need that Last of us 2 patch so bad. If we could go from 1440p/30 to 4k/60 that would be amazing!

Kolibri

Nov 6, 2017
I think the reduced loading times would be an even bigger improvement for Bloodborne than 60 fps. Then again, I would love both.
(And checkpoints right in front of boss fights, but I suppose that's besides the point here)

Other than that: The Last Guardian. That got really choppy.

felipecaol

Jul 5, 2018
- Bloodborne (obvius)
- All other from soft games
- Red Dead 2
- Metro Exodus
- Crysis Remastered
- Ezio Trilogy
- Arkham Knight

GrahamGoring

Nov 8, 2017
Dishonored 1/2/DotO & Prey. Even though I love them, the framerates in their games (well, Dishonored 2/DotO) feel really leaden.

Romir

Oct 28, 2017
All I want are 60 fps in Bloodborne and The Last of Us 2. Patches or light remasters sooner than later please Sony.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I would love to see a 120 FPS patch for Wipeout Omega Collection.

I'd also really like to see a 60 FPS upgrade for Crash Team Racing Nitro Fuelled and Driveclub. We know the latter won't happen but I'm optimistic about the former.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
The surge is my only ps4 game that doesn't work. So besides blood borne I'd say that just so I can play my entire library

Risk Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
4K touched-up Bloodborne (yes, before 60 FPS for me as long as frame pacing is good)
GT Sport before GT7 is out
FF7R
Driveclub
Gravity Rush 2
Persona 5 R

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
(BLOODBORNE!!!)

I want Gravity Rush 2 the most besides the big one becauseI have only played it once and would like to play it again along with the first one but I don't like the idea of going from 60fps GR1 to 30fps GR2. I want patches for Uncharted 4/TLL and The Last of Us Part II for similar reasons.

Games having remasters that run better than the sequels released after will never stop weirding me out. No matter how much better the image quality or other features that impact the framerate are on the new entry built for the contemporary platform, it always just feels like a big downgrade for me.

Persona 5 at 60fps would be nice too.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
TLoU 2 ( I will not play this game until it either gets a patch or a PS5 version, or until I know for sure neither are happening)
FF7: R

I'm sure there a ton of others I just can't think of right now.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
Really wish the radio silence over The Last of US 2 would end. I want to play it, but if a remaster is coming, I'll wait and buy that. I won't buy it twice, so of they're really not going to do anything with it, then fine, but I just want to know.