• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Remember about 6 months ago when it was norm to call out Biden for being a doddering racist dinosaur who couldn't keep his foot out of his mouth? Now that's Russian propaganda.

Ramala

Oct 28, 2017
Santa Monica, LA
Even if Biden wasn't mentally fit to be President, which I don't believe, I sort of don't give a shit. I have confidence he will surround himself with actual experts, and even if all he does is parrot their stance, support their findings and consider their recommendations, we'll being doing infinitely better as a nation. I don't think even senile Biden will start telling everyone around him, including his family, he knows better.

UltraMav

Oct 25, 2017
They're both way too goddamn old, but Trump is a literal monster, so I'll take the old man who tries not to be.

Oct 25, 2017
If there is anything of value to come from the debates, it will be the direct comparison of the meandering Grandpa Simpsons rants from agent orange, and Biden's reasoned, focused answers. His rally the other week had really sharp, on point responses.

But this poll shouldn't shock anyone. Even on this site you have people regurgitating the Russian propaganda. Hell even I was slipping for it in the early primaries. Seeing him talk more and more recently really dispelled that image quick.

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017
I'm against diagnosing anyone with anything from an arm chair but I think the larger problem is that our federal government positions trend older. One only has to watch a social media hearing to see that we could benefit from having some younger folks representing in congress as well as older folks.
This isn't diagnosis so much as it is just basic assessment of whether either candidate is fit to perform the job. Our democracy calls on its citizens to make that assessment regardless of what skills or tools we have at out disposal to do so. A "diagnosis" such as it is has to be expected as a side effect.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
This. Don't know why people are acting like 70-year-olds as president is a good idea.
I honestly don't get why the voters chose two 70 year olds but here we are. We are acting like it's a good idea because it is literally the only choice we have. Not sure what you want from people. This forum ALWAYS chose Joe Biden last in the primaries.

From what I have seen in the last year or so, he's fine. He'll be a good president, though not as progressive as I would like, and maybe if we're lucky, he just might give us the Senate.

Deleted member 75819

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 22, 2020
I still regularly get confused and call a "progressive" a Trump supporter on Twitter because they are literally using the same talking points as the alt-right. It's fucking sad.
I'm convinced Rose Twitter is largely the byproduct of sock puppets and burn-it-all-down accelerationism, intentional or no.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I'm convinced Rose Twitter is largely the byproduct of sock puppets and burn-it-all-down accelerationism, intentional or no.
It's weird because I almost completely agree with their philosophy. I want all they want and am a Progressive. But I cannot relate to Rose twitter at all. They always just seem angry and unreasonable like they are living in their own fantasy world where unless everything is perfect, nothing matters at all.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Americans are all that off on this one. I've never bought into the "Biden has dementia" narrative or whatever, but it's a shame that the Biden we're getting is a version that is so blatantly not as sharp, not as vigorous, not as self-possessed. He used to be a gaffe machine, but was still known as someone capable of an impressive debate or interview, someone with real personality. Now the vapid/incoherent sentence to meaningful/articulate sentence ratio is off, he generally tries his best to stay in pretty safe territory, and it's quite notable when he manages a witty retort or a particularly eloquent answer.

It still annoys me when, say, someone sends me a clip of Joe Rogan selectively zooming in on a particularly bad answer and applying the worst possible interpretation to it, but Biden being the oldest ever Democratic nominee and showing it so much does kind of suck. It's interesting, though, how much he's grown into this image where he just sort of symbolizes a more statesman-y, empathetic figure, such that he has to pass a pretty low bar to actually perform the leadership style he says he'll bring to the White House. In a way, it resembles one of Bernie's key messages: it isn't so much about the candidate as about what the candidate represents.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Shameful, the stupidity of Americans. Watch one appearance from Biden and its clear his mental acuity is not an issue.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is no surprise considering how many "leftists" here were all too eager to disseminate right wing propaganda around Biden's mental acuity.

Incidentally, the segment at the DNC around Biden's stutter (which many seem to use to make ableist attacks against him) and the kid he helped was incredible and a great way to address that part of his life.

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
This is no surprise considering how many "leftists" here were all too eager to disseminate right wing propaganda around Biden's mental acuity.

Incidentally, the segment at the DNC around Biden's stutter (which many seem to use to make ableist attacks against him) and the kid he helped was incredible and a great way to address that part of his life.

Say it louder for the back. Shit was sickening here during that period. Felt like I was on the_donald at times.

WarMacheen

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
ok, then elect the one that's least likely to fuck shit up and most likely to follow the law.

easy choice

Status
Not open for further replies.