• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheDoctor

Oct 27, 2017
Why wouldn't it surprise me if they didn't list Ireland because these idiots are stupid enough to think Ireland is part of the UK?
The UK and Ireland aren't part of the Schengen Area. That's why neither are listed.

There are still border checks between Schengen and non-Schengen European countries for those that aren't aware. Free movement doesn't remove those.

Last edited:

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
Cargo included? So basically there will be no trade between the US and EU for a month? If that's correct the economy is going to fucking tank.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, but Trump originally said live that it was the EU that was banned and that the UK is not banned. He said nothing of Schengen countries only.

He also said cargo and trade were being stopped. And now they say they're not being stopped.

Who knows what the hell happened. This Administration is a mess.

Kyuur

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Can you just fly to other countries and then to the US? Or are they counting on the UK and others banning travel too?

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
this is actually going to make us europeans safer rather than americans lol

it's not as widespread in most european countries (with a few exceptions) as it is in usa

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
What about flying from the US to Europe? My old man has a flight scheduled next week to go back to the Middle East (via Europe).

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, but Trump originally said live that it was the EU that was banned and that the UK is not banned. He said nothing of Schengen countries only.

Probably because he either doesn't grok the distinction himself or knows his audience wouldn't, and the distinction is so small as to not really make any difference.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Can you just fly to other countries and then to the US? Or are they counting on the UK and others banning travel too?

The ban specifically applies to foreign nationals who have been in these countries, so I'm guessing they would still be stopped if they tried to fly in from the UK.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Cargo included? So basically there will be no trade between the US and EU for a month? If that's correct the economy is going to fucking tank.
It's looking more likely that the cargo thing was something Trump ad-libbed because he's a fucking imbecile who can't read.

It might therefore not exist.

It's alternately possible that having ad-libbed it, Trump will be incapable of admitting that he's made a mistake and impose it anyway.

The US Homeland Security page on this says that this action "suspends the entry of most foreign nationals who have been in certain European countries at any point during the 14 days prior to their scheduled arrival to the United States".

So no flying between countries to get around this (not that that kind of thing was likely to happen with any frequency anyway).

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

who knows? did you expect clarity from Trump? This is what he said:
These restrictions will be adjusted subject to conditions on the ground. There will be exemptions for Americans who have undergone appropriate screenings and these prohibitions will not only apply to the tremendous amount of trade and cargo, but various other things as we get approval. Anything coming from Europe to the United States is what we are discussing. These restrictions will also not apply to the United Kingdom. At the same time, we're monitoring the situation in China and South Korea, and as their situation improves, we will re-evaluate the restrictions and warnings that are currently in place for a possible early opening.

I'll go out on a limb and guess he meant to say the exemptions will apply to trade and cargo. Or just drop 'only' ?. Otherwise the following sentence doesn't make sense, but then again it is Trump
On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if he adlibbed that, meant it, and now they have to catch up policy-wise

LuckyLocke

Avenger
Nov 27, 2017
I'm Canadian and my wife is on a business trip to Europe. I think I will tell her to get her ass back here ASAP. This is not good.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
🤦‍♀️ 🤦‍♀️ 🤦‍♀️

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
The cargo ban is fucking my company beyond belief. I've got 300k worth of product on the water or about to be.

Shit.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Did he just tweet correct his dumb fucking statement about trade?

THANK GOD.

Fucking idiot

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
Yeah, trump is a dumbass, but I don't understand what's wrong in imposing more travel restrictions?

Countries like France, Spain, and especially Italy are getting more and more infested with the disease, and it only makes sense to make the move to stop the flow of the disease, it would be better for both Europe and America.

Am I like, missing something? Cause I dont see it.