• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
For the most part, Pokemon are cute and cuddly superpowered animals, but if you look in the Pokedex entries there is some FUCKED UP SHIT.

Take my pick for example

Lampent
250px-608Lampent.png

he spirits it absorbs fuel its baleful fire. It hangs around hospitals waiting for people to pass on.

It lurks in cities, pretending to be a lamp. Once it finds someone whose death is near, it will trail quietly after them.

Which of the Pokemon is most terrifying to you?

Honorable mention to IRL Ditto

nhuv8w761ks31.jpg

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry, but Calyrex is a goddamn cryptid. It's the shadow you see floating around in the distance before it suddenly attacks the cameraperson in a found footage film:

898Calyrex.png

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always though the disconnect between the Pokedex entries and the actual games was weird. It's like the descriptions were written by the Vagrant Story team lol

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
250px-799Guzzlord.png

Definitely Guzzlord. Look at this thing, like it came out of a Lovecraft book or something. But actually from twisted mind of James Turner instead.

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
Based on design alone and not whatever horseshit some bored designer decided to shove in the pokédex, it'd have to be something like Guzzlord
799Guzzlord.png

EDIT: Beaten

Feb 15, 2019
Are we talking like design? Pokedex entry? Actual in game events? Because as far as I know, half the Pokedex entries are completely exaggerated so who knows which ones are true and which ones are fake news.

My vote goes to Giratina, seeing some random centipede giraffe snake monster come out from the shadows and drag someone to another dimension must be terrifying. It also actually happened in the game so bonus points for that.

GdgxEd.gif

c2082c3b296373932721727930e45d2b.gif

250px-799Guzzlord.png

Definitely Guzzlord. Look at this thing, like it came out of a Lovecraft book or something. But actually from twisted mind of James Turner instead.

This thing is also a good answer.

Last edited:

Sargerus

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cubone in the DP movie
tumblr_pxw02qAsFz1w67ki0o2_540.gifv

Those black eyes made it look a lot more sinister.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ghost Pokémn thread.

562Yamask.png

Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry.

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017
250px-799Guzzlord.png

Until you hear it scream, at least.

I say Gengar:

094Gengar-Gigantamax.png

Moon entry:
"It apparently wishes for a traveling companion. Since it was once human itself, it tries to create one by taking the lives of other humans."

Ultra Sun entry for Mega Gengar:
"It tries to take the lives of anyone and everyone. It will even try to curse the Trainer who is its master!"

Shield entry for Gigantamax Gengar:
"It lays traps, hoping to steal the lives of those it catches. If you stand in front of its mouth, you'll hear your loved ones' voices calling out to you."

Dec 21, 2020
250px-799Guzzlord.png

Based on design alone and not whatever horseshit some bored designer decided to shove in the pokédex, it'd have to be something like Guzzlord
799Guzzlord.png

EDIT: Beaten
Fun fact: It's based on a black hole and it is very fitting since black holes themselves are horrifying.

on topic: most Pokémon are cute and innocent looking but it's more like "Get close to me and I'll kill you bitch (:"

Yes, the reverse emoticon
Drifloon

That thing kidnaps kids
Well, it tries to, but it gets tossed around instead lol

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I understand the legitimate fear of Guzzlord, but listen here...

FUCK fuck FUCK Buzzwole! It's a fucking giant, muscular MOSQUITO that will MURDER you the second it sees you in the most heinous way possible! FUCK THAT!

250px-794Buzzwole.png

We need more Ultra Beasts.

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Design-wise, these:

250px-768Golisopod.png

bksQOi.gif

Are up there

If we're talking Pokedex entries, there's too many to count

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Arceus genuinely. It isn't cute or cool, it's just disturbing & the fact that it's a literal deity doesn't help. Feels more eldritch than even Giratina.
250px-493Arceus.png

Also Cacturne: If a traveler is going through a desert in the thick of night, Cacturne will follow in a ragtag group. The Pokémon are biding their time, waiting for the traveler to tire and become incapable of moving.
250px-332Cacturne.png

And Sliggoo: It has trouble drawing a line between friends and food. It will calmly try to melt and eat even those it gets along well with.
250px-705Sliggoo.png

Will seemingly just straight up eat humans, even their trainers, if given an inch.

I always though the disconnect between the Pokedex entries and the actual games was weird. It's like the descriptions were written by the Vagrant Story team lol
Reading the entries are some of my favorite parts of the games & lore.

Is there a spider Pokémon?
Lol there are several

Last edited:

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
My vote is for Mimikyu
778Mimikyu.png

from Sun:
"Its actual appearance is unknown. A scholar who saw what was under its rag was overwhelmed by terror and died from the shock."

from Ultra Moon:
"A gust of wind revealed what hides under this Pokémon's rag to a passing Trainer, who went home and died painfully that very night"

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Eevee, it's an invasive species that can survive in nearly any climate, propagate and adapt to become even more powerful. Nothing else can adjust as well

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Come on, it's Guzzlord.

Not only is his appearance terrifying, this fucking thing absolutely destroyed all(?) life in the world it came from, and the location you have to go through before you face it is so desolate.

3ff329c04db1b6edf92f64004910f3111b05720fr1-250-150v2_hq.jpg

8e50a6512c097f90918f031601265a55101936c3r1-500-300v2_hq.jpg

tumblr_p00rcaEhz01uph6r4o1_1280.jpg

GronkyKong

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Froslass kidnaps people it likes the look of and freezes them to keep in its cave.

Drowzee & Driftloom kidnap kids, Gengar eats your dreams.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
The bi-annual 'Pokedex is so fucked up' thread? I dunno, its still a cartoon for kids unless the question is what would suck the most if it were real. The most terrifying are the lunatics who are writing encyclopedia entries on fish leaping over mountains and slugs being hotter than the sun. They need to be stopped.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
latest

Slurpuff just looks really unsettling to me. Even moreso I'm 3D. Like I don't know what it's supposed to be. It looks like it'd be really sticky, like rotten cotton candy. It's got a pink jack o lantern smile.

I can't look at it for too long before I get the jibblies.

Feb 13, 2018
New Jersey
Just about any ghost pokemon because most are based on the ghosts of Japanese folk lore. Take Banette for example: it was a discarded child's doll that gained sentience and seeks revenge on the child that abandoned it.

Here's something more disquieting, are ghost pokemon dead people, dead pokemon; or both? Did I just capture someone's old man? Dead pet? Creepy.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Metagross
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 1,212.5 lbs

1200px-376Metagross.png

Metagross has four brains in total. Combined, the four brains can breeze through difficult calculations faster than a supercomputer. This Pokémon can float in the air by tucking in its four legs.
Metagross is the result of two Metang achieving fusion. When hunting, this Pokémon pins the prey to the ground under its massive body. It then eats the helpless victim using the large mouth on its stomach.
May God help you if you find yourself hunted down by a Metagross.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon world is the worst place to live

Compared to the amount of suffering and prejudice of our own? nah, its a paradise in comparison. Sure there are evil teams trying to do irreparable damage to the world, but we have that here too and the difference is nobody seems to care or be able to do anything.