• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Crimson-Death

Oct 27, 2017
Purgatory
5nKjvwL.jpeg

jYPD8MP.jpg

Aimi

self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 16, 2021
My best friend used to get pickles and dip it in chocolate syrup. So good. Infact I got a pickle in the middle of my burger that's covered in chocolate rn ~ 🍫🍔🥒🍔🍫

Borgus

Apr 14, 2020
Toronto
Some folks have a pretty low threshold for strange food combos in this thread. Although some of these are abhorrent. I'm not sure what the worst is but some that I wasn't a fan of:

- Nachos with a weird assortment of fruit. Strawberries, kiwis, blueberries, apple slices, banana....we were stoners and thought it'd be funny. Then we had to actually eat it.
- Sea cucumbers are brutal. I want to like it but I just can't.
- The majority of "Will It?" endings on Good Mythical Morning.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
I had a college roommate who wanted to be a chef and would often cook for the rest of the house. She was...she made really good soups from scratch. The rest was not so good.

worst was "chicken stroganoff". She explained it as just beef stroganoff, but with chicken. Okay—sounds good right?

I don't know what she did to the chicken or the noodles or what she put Into it, but somehow the noodles and chicken cooked down together for so long they turned into mush and the entire thing tasted like a McDonald's hamburger with only ketchup and mustard on it...but also burnt? And stale?
Actively the grossest thing I've ever managed to swallow bc if you didn't at least eat some of it she'd cry for like a week.

Jolly spaghetti always throws me, especially that it's also a fast food menu item - and a popular one.

Spaghetti, ketchup (I think it's banana ketchup based), sliced hot dogs, and shredded processed cheese.

IhH0GMH.jpg
Jolly spaghetti is decent tho...,I've never seen it look like this before

Oct 30, 2017
for some reason lots of people seem to think tomatoes are a valid burger ingredient. baffling

Oct 27, 2017
Here in Korea, Costco offered an unlimited chopped-onion dispenser for hot dogs. Instead, Korean customers began eating just the chopped onions topped in mustard because they were both free. It became such a thing that Costco actually had to start limiting onions and then people got angry.

It was freaky, when I went into the Costco food court and looked around, literally 75% of the people there were chowing down on plates full of chopped onions topped in mustard.

If this sounds to ridiculous to believe, here is an article about it.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
1) Seafood, of any form or variety. It fucking reeks.

2) Pineapple on pizza

3) Salad on a burger.

4) Using strong tasting alcohol as a sauce or during cooking. Oh yeah, just what I want to taste when eating my food, fucking ethanol

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Paul Hollywood visits Belgium. Goes to a tourist trap of a fries place in Antwerp (there are probably fries places ten times better on walking distance. I'm not from Antwerp and even I know to avoid that shithole), then has the audacity to claim 'it's all about the sauces' and pick MOTHERFUCKING CURRY SAUCE?? (yeah, sauce is important, but anyone dipping fries in curry sauces gets dragged in front of the highest courts in Belgium. You can have curry sauce with your fried meat snack maybe, but your fries sauce options are quite limited to mayonaise, tartaar, stoofvleessaus and in extremis bicky sauce, joppie sauce if you're a kid or unable to grow the fuck up and ketchup, but then we'll doubt you're actually Belgian) (I timestamped it)

And then this motherfucker has the audacity, yes, the AUDACITY, to go taste our number one best dish ever, Stoofvlees, and then 'give his own twist on it' by adding what amounts to fucking soggy OVEN FRIES??? I mean. Fries and stoofvlees are close to inseparable (you can technically eat it with boiled potatoes, but then you're stupid). Friet + stoofvlees is the fucking dish. And he things he makes an 'improving twist' on the dish by adding a worse version of fries to it. You went to a fucking fries place Paul, didn't you notice Stoofvleessauce is actually a popular option to put on your fries in the first place? It was on the fucking top of the list dude. (Timestamped this crime to humanity:)

Blood boiling stuff really. At least he acknowledged the term French Fries is an affront to history.

Goes to show a lot of these travel food shows are actually terrible.

deflektor

Oct 27, 2017
A personal confession...
Sometimes when I manage to find and buy Natto (extremely difficult to find it in my country) I like to mix it with Neapolitan or Arrabbiata like sauce and pour it over pasta.
This way it reduces its "interesting" smell and it gives a vaguely cheesy flavour to the dish. Bonus (for me :P ) the resulting melted cheese texture which I happen to like .

Dec 4, 2017
Always pineapple on pizza - in fact, fuck pineapple in it's entirety. It's a food crime I just can't deal with.
A thin wheel of freshly-cut tangy pineapple, caramelized on a hot griddle, goes pretty well in a sandwich/burger. Dumping a bunch of soggy canned pineapple on a pizza (or anything savory, really) is grounds for excommunication.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
A personal confession...
Sometimes when I manage to find and buy Natto (extremely difficult to find it in my country) I like to mix it with Neapolitan or Arrabbiata like sauce and pour it over pasta.
This way it reduces its "interesting" smell and it gives a vaguely cheesy flavour to the dish. Bonus (for me :P ) the resulting melted cheese texture which I happen to like .

Natto pasta is a thing so you don't have to feel guilty. I make them myself.

Oct 27, 2017
Whatever the hell that food in Norway (?) where it looks like layers of lettuce and celery, mayonnaise, and smoked salmon. Disgusting.

Can't say I'm familiar with any food like that here. But if you want some horrifying traditional Norwegian food, you can google smalahove. For the sake of protecting people's sanity I will not post pics.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
A thin wheel of freshly-cut tangy pineapple, caramelized on a hot griddle, goes pretty well in a sandwich/burger. Dumping a bunch of soggy canned pineapple on a pizza (or anything savory, really) is grounds for excommunication.
100% this. Pineapple, cooked or otherwise, can be a delicious snack/side-dish if used correctly.

On pizza though? Fuck that noise.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't say I'm familiar with any food like that here. But if you want some horrifying traditional Norwegian food, you can google smalahove. For the sake of protecting people's sanity I will not post pics.
Searching all over and I can't find what I'm talking about. Maybe it's from another northern country and not Norway. It looked almost like a cake, but it was made up of fish and other unappetizing foods. Oh well 😞

Macheezmo

Oct 25, 2017
I used to work in a nursing home kitchen and the worst thing I think I ever had someone order was a sandwich that was peanut butter, onion, lettuce and mayo.

I also had a roommate in college that would mix chocolate milk with Mr Pibb. He did it first for the lulz, then ended up liking it and doing it every day.

Oct 26, 2017
Leberkäs im Krapfen... I nearly gagged when I saw that first.
For those not living in Austria, Leberkäse is basically the crap they put in Hot Dog sausages cut as a slice and usually eaten in bread...
Recently some disgusting Bakeries started to put them in Marmelade filled Krapfen.
669140201-schoepfer-florian-perkmann-baeckermeister-aus-miesbach-1g49Q1uhGXec.jpg

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I knew a girl who would chew gum while eating salty pretzels.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
fette-sau-BBQ.jpg

As a Texan... That Vice article extolling the virtues of Brooklyn BBQ made me chuckle. Look NY you're amazing and you have vastly superior food options, but BBQ ain't one of them.

Here is a local place close to where I live for comparison:
QWQILPj.jpg

Kinda depends if you want to feed one person or a family of four. Also, that white "bread" just thrown on top of it, lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
I saw my grandma adding onions to burger meat before telling me that there's no onions in the burger meat. Uhhh...

*shudders*

Apart from the lie, I don't understand the issue... I take it you don't like onions, in general?

It doesn't really help the structural integrity of the patty, but if chopped small enough, it's fine. Probably need breadcrumbs / an egg though.

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
American YouTube cooking shows where they shoot trash deep fried food with some fancy DSLR in 4K

Obi Wan Jabroni

alt account
Banned
Dec 14, 2020
I like that meat, but everything else... Do you have real bread in the US, or only these crappy toast slices?

Yeah, it's odd to be sure but I assure you it's not standard.

For example, there's a pretty good BBQ chain here in the States called Lucille's and they have amazing biscuits lightly sprinkled with sugar. They also come with a side of really good apple butter.

7a8abfeda0b76b9990e95dc84b0545b2.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
That's putting it lightly, my friend. =p

Haha fair enough. I don't envy those who dislike or can't stand onions. I didn't care for them when I was young but now I love them 😬

I'm pretty open-minded with all kinds of foods but some things but the Balut posted earlier is one that I don't think I could ever do. First time I saw it (pics online) I knew I had reached a personal boundary.

bananab

Oct 27, 2017
Lol at folks wondering about the sliced white bread in the bbq pic. I'd be hesitant about any bbq place that didn't do that.

gunbo13

Oct 26, 2017
That NYC BBQ pic is nonsense. This is a pit master from Country Hill which is definitely not the best of NYC I'm sure. I'm not a huge BBQ chaser though. Plus people here have obviously never been to NYC BBQ festivals with many best offerings around the country.

hil-country-bbq-fill-up.jpg