• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
  • Dan believed that "egg whites" were egg shells due to their color and tried to cook just the shells in a pan. When nothing happened, he called his mother for advice and was told egg whites were not, in fact, egg shells.

www.giantbomb.com

Dan Ryckert (Person) - Giant Bomb

Senior Editor at Giant Bomb from 2014 to 2020. Formerly of Game Informer. Author, Guinness World Record holder, lifelong wrestling mark, and failed musician. After a brief stint as Podcast Producer at WWE Ryckert returned to help guide the next generation of Giant Bomb.

guiloahhhhh

Oct 29, 2017
My brother went through a phase where he ate pretty much nothing but hot dogs with ketchup. One day we were out of hot dogs and he decided he still wanted a hot dog bun that was drenched in ketchup with nothing else in the bun - no type of meat or anything. Just the bun and ketchup. It makes me gag thinking about how much ketchup he used, it was overflowing the bun.

This gave me a good laugh thank you

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
fette-sau-BBQ.jpg

As a Texan... That Vice article extolling the virtues of Brooklyn BBQ made me chuckle. Look NY you're amazing and you have vastly superior food options, but BBQ ain't one of them.

Here is a local place close to where I live for comparison:
QWQILPj.jpg
Not the only bbq place in the city lol. Not saying it's better but come on, there isn't only one place here for bbq.

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
I have not witnessed it myself, but my boyfriend told me he once put candy corn on a frozen cheese pizza before baking it in the oven just to try it. I already dislike candy corn, so the idea is one of the most unappealing things I can think of.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Jolly spaghetti always throws me, especially that it's also a fast food menu item - and a popular one.

Spaghetti, ketchup (I think it's banana ketchup based), sliced hot dogs, and shredded processed cheese.

IhH0GMH.jpg

pechorin

Banned
Apr 13, 2020
lol, NY has one of the highest percentage of residents with a passport of any state. What are you even talking about?
i know it's an international city i just don't think most people no matter where they're from have travelled the world enough to make the judgement they live in "the best city in the world". Sorry.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
At this one place in Moscow, I remember ordering a butter burger. I didn't know what that meant exactly, but it sounded good. As it turned out, it was just a burger sitting in a pool of melted butter. This being Moscow, it was also very expensive.

RomanticHeroX

Oct 27, 2017
I know as a kid I used to enjoy peanut butter and mayonnaise sandwiches. The thought now makes me want to retch.

heathen earth

Mar 21, 2020
That video where the woman boiled cheese and onion potato chips then mashed them up to create mashed potato.
This filled me with dismay. The Aunt Myrna's party cheese or whatever the fuck wasn't happy viewing either.

Anyway, I once saw a girl squirt an entire packet of mayonnaise in her mouth. Just thinking about it makes me shudder in disgust even now.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Whatever the hell that food in Norway (?) where it looks like layers of lettuce and celery, mayonnaise, and smoked salmon. Disgusting.

Also, the famous cheese and butter open faced sandwich.

Cheese whiz on a Twinkie.

Hamburger on raisin bread.

Sliced cheese on a cinnamon roll.
Pssh

The GOAT. I've only watched once, but just the thumbnail makes me start laughing uncontrollably. Not sure I could make it through alive.

Kitsunebaby

Oct 27, 2017
Annapolis, Maryland
My brother went through a phase where he ate pretty much nothing but hot dogs with ketchup. One day we were out of hot dogs and he decided he still wanted a hot dog bun that was drenched in ketchup with nothing else in the bun - no type of meat or anything. Just the bun and ketchup. It makes me gag thinking about how much ketchup he used, it was overflowing the bun.

I literally just said "Oh god, no." while reading this. That's fucking nasty.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
fette-sau-BBQ.jpg

As a Texan... That Vice article extolling the virtues of Brooklyn BBQ made me chuckle. Look NY you're amazing and you have vastly superior food options, but BBQ ain't one of them.

QWQILPj.jpg

the bottom pic is obviously fabulous but why FIVE slices of PLAIN white bread to go with that delightful plate?

Someone show these places what Naan is

Also a little more butter and replace coleslaw with nothing

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
the bottom pic is obviously fabulous but why FIVE slices of PLAIN white bread to go with that delightful plate?

Someone show these places what Naan is

Also a little more butter and replace coleslaw with nothing
Tradition as a filler food in times where money was thin. And it tastes good as hell when it soaks up all the juices.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
In my area there's a dish where people ask for ketchup to be thrown into lo mein. My brother and father swear by it. To me it ruins the dish.

Oct 25, 2017
What did I just watch

burns garbage to give oven heat to bake pizza

uses paint scraper to cut pizza

pizza appears to be a granular casserole

Watching our 'pizza master' punch a huge hole in the dough he's tossing should've been a warning.

Take about four tablespoons of some kind of suspiciously orange sauce, two-ish pounds of what appears to be chopped chicken, a gallon or so of a processed cheese I've been told is called catupiry, and several handfuls of canned corn. Cook in a trash-fired oven — be sure to scoop some of the garbage ash on top of the pizza for extra garbage flavor — cut with a paint scraper, and finish with three sad green olives.

GG-Duo

Oct 27, 2017
Instagram video where they crushed potato chips and then put a scrambled egg into the bag and cooked the bag

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
fette-sau-BBQ.jpg

QWQILPj.jpg

Yeah that's a good example. The whole point of slowly smoking brisket over 24 hours is for flavor and to make it tender.

geardo

Oct 27, 2017
My brother used to put mustard on onion bread and then fart up the entire house with a poisonous ass fog.

peppersky

Banned
Mar 9, 2018
A friend once told me that they know a family who eat spaghetti bolognese as a side dish, eaten together with some kind of meat. That doesn't just disgust me on a culinary llevel, but also on a human level.

Spaceroast

Oct 30, 2017
I need to add to my list:

Broccoli & Cheese

On their own, I like both of these things. I will never understand the appeal of this infernal combination, however. Broccoli is much better suited to a stir-fry or just steamed and seasoned or something.

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
Things that happen in this video:
-A man attempts to defrost a steak with a flaming paper towel.
-A man flushes a fire down the toilet.
-A man attempts to grill steak on his stove.
-"I need something here that doesn't melt like plastic and doesn't explode like a battery."
-A man attempts to put out a fire with salt.