• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

leeky

Oct 27, 2017
I'm watching Rick Stein on Amazon and this poor mofo is straight up praising hotel continental breakfasts and chowing down on this plastic-like sliced cheese. How the fuck is this man a renowned chef?

IRL saw a woman at a salad bar place a small clump of arugula in a bowl and then fill it up with ranch dressing.

What's the most distressing food choices you've witnessed?

Nov 27, 2020
United States
1024px-MODIS_-_Great_Britain_and_Ireland_-_2012-06-04_during_heat_wave.jpg

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017

The audacity of Emily, dipping her french toast in ketchup. Absolute madlass.

SuperBanana

Oct 28, 2017
That video where the woman boiled cheese and onion potato chips then mashed them up to create mashed potato.

Aftervirtue

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
fette-sau-BBQ.jpg

As a Texan... That Vice article extolling the virtues of Brooklyn BBQ made me chuckle. Look NY you're amazing and you have vastly superior food options, but BBQ ain't one of them.

Here is a local place close to where I live for comparison:
QWQILPj.jpg

jml

Mar 9, 2018
My brother went through a phase where he ate pretty much nothing but hot dogs with ketchup. One day we were out of hot dogs and he decided he still wanted a hot dog bun that was drenched in ketchup with nothing else in the bun - no type of meat or anything. Just the bun and ketchup. It makes me gag thinking about how much ketchup he used, it was overflowing the bun.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
me in college. I don't even want to think what i combined in a bowl thinking "anything mixed in a bowl ends up amazing"

pechorin

Banned
Apr 13, 2020
As a Texan... That Vice article extolling the virtues of Brooklyn BBQ made me chuckle. Look NY you're amazing and you have vastly superior food options, but BBQ ain't one of them.

what do you expect from a place where everyone thinks they're "the greatest city in the world" when most of them have never been outside of the country.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
I'm watching Rick Stein on Amazon and this poor mofo is straight up praising hotel continental breakfasts and chowing down on this plastic-like sliced cheese. How the fuck is this man a renowned chef?

IRL saw a woman at a salad bar place a small clump of arugula in a bowl and then fill it up with ranch dressing.

What's the most distressing food choices you've witnessed?
That plastic cheese is engineered to be consistently great. Junk food is the least surprising thing to see a chef enjoy.

The worst thing I ever saw was someone drinking Pepsi with Milk ala Laverne and Shirley.

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
fette-sau-BBQ.jpg

QWQILPj.jpg

I was in NY on a holiday from Ireland and a friend brought me to this BBQ place... It looked like that top one and it cost 45$. Never again.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
The amount of ketchup my mom puts on her eggs when she comes to visit. Then she always only eats half of them and then offers the rest to me. No, mom I don't want your plate of ketchup with eggs in it.

Aftervirtue

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Natto
Apple Sauce on Pizza
Stinky Tofu
BBQ Silkworm Larvae
People who bite down all the way to the (metal) fork and then slide their teeth across it as they pull it out

The fuck is this? That's the most pathetic BBQ platter I've ever seen.
The original article -
www.vice.com/amp/en/article/d75jza/why-is-brooklyn-barbecue-taking-over-the-world

And Natto.... man I will eat anything and I had this in Tokyo once, I legit wanted to vomit. But I ate it with dignity and no one would have known that I was dying on the inside. I also had some crab innards Nigiri, shit was brutal.

I was in NY on a holiday from Ireland and a friend brought me to this BBQ place... It looked like that top one and it cost 45$. Never again.
If you ever come to Texas I got you covered. $45 here for bbq you'd eat like a king. The place I posted is called Corkscrew BBQ in Spring TX.

wholahay

Dec 18, 2017
fette-sau-BBQ.jpg

QWQILPj.jpg

Maaaaan okay I can't vouch for the place in that article--but there is definitely better looking barbecue in Brooklyn than that. Not that I'd ever claim it was better than anywhere in the South.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Had a friend who liked to eat lays plain chips dipped in french's yellow mustard. Whack.

Roommate in first year university liked to get sub sandwiches from the cafeteria with bologna, mustard, mayo, and entire discs of sliced onion (not like sliced onion rings — he got the entire cross section). Every single day he did this, ate them while he skipped class to play DOTA all day. It stank the room up and I was so glad he dropped out after first semester.

While I was taking the bus one day, we were stopped at a light and I saw a woman take a baby-sized bottle of ranch out of her stroller, unscrew the lid, and take a long, thirsty drink from it. It was a blazing hot summer day so I can only imagine how warm that ranch was, sitting in her baby carriage. Looking at the woman, I don't think she had any children in that stroller at all.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
fette-sau-BBQ.jpg

QWQILPj.jpg
That 2nd pic would perfect with actual bread instead.

But yeah, you just made a man hubgry at 4am. Hope you're happy bro! 😂

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

I have something called sensory integration disorder, which makes it extremely difficult for me to eat or enjoy anything that looks visually unappealing. Like a food could taste wonderful objectively but if it LOOKS disgusting to me my brain can't break through that wall.

Every single instance of poutine I've ever experienced in the real world looks so viscerally unappealing to me I can't even get past the first bite. I have the same problem with Skyline chili:

4-way_Cincinnati_chili_from_Camp_Washington_Chili_in_Cincinnati_OH_USA.jpg