• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PreeminentDB

Oct 25, 2017
Metal's not my thing, and even less Megadeth. But the second I heard the intro to Train of Consequences, I was hooked.
IDK if this has aged well at all, but I still love it.

51mP0oXLThL.jpg

Last edited:

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
Say what you will about Manowar, but their first few albums have crazy energy and memorable riffs.

I love how this song goes from zero to sixty shortly after the 1 min mark.

Velikost

Oct 28, 2017
Posting Metallica and it's not even For Whom the Bell Tolls smh. At least Hammer Smashed Face was in here.

Dec 6, 2017
US
I mean for me, this will probably always be it...
SNIP

I used to go to a lot of metal shows on the infamous Lamour's in Brooklyn. Not sure how I got in at such a young age but I did.
They would play music in between bands sets and every. single. time this song came on the crowd went nuts. So maybe that shaped my perspective of things, but that is about as metal of an intro as it gets.

Similarly, I also used to go to Metal shows at L'amour's in like '99 to when it closed. The shows were so good, people used to even go wild over shit on the PA between sets, it was great.

If Hell Awaits came on...lord.

Jun 2, 2018
Northern Ireland
Pharaoh's Unum/After the Fire is awesome.

Dissident Aggressor by Priest is fucking great. When that Halford scream kicks in, it always grabs my attention.

Running Wild's Riding the Storm is a great build up.

There are so many intros that I love. Metal is so fucking good.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Rainbow - Rising has a killer rough mix available and the intro to Stargazer is even cooler than the official album version. That drum intro though is orgasmic.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Hype would imply excitement for what's to come, namely a slow build to something greater. Might choose Hallowed be thy Name for something like that (or even a newer Maiden track like Dance of Death), lots of picks. Or as many posts here have suggested, just straight up metal right away.

I'll throw in this Arsis track for an example of the latter.

Awake

Jan 27, 2019
Gojira - Esoteric Surgery

Straight into the action.

Also Opeth - "Bleak" or "Deliverance"

Deliverance with one of the best outros too.

Savatage - Hall of the Mountain King

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Can't find these two tracks put together, which I think is important, so I'll post the whole album.

Spinward Marches into High Passage/Low Passage, which opens up the album.

OP
OP
MotiD

MotiD

Oct 26, 2017
It's been quite a while since the last post, but this song just came into my head.. not my favorite CoB song but it has a banger intro
I haven't listened to any new Children of Bodom material but they were consistently putting out awesome stuff back when I was really into them. Maybe I should check out their newer stuff

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
"Du Hast" is up there for me. You get that synth part, the banging drums, and then the heavy riff coming in.

Blunt

Oct 26, 2017

I'm a huge Opeth fan and this is probably my favorite song of them. 2:30 minutes of sweet acoustic build-up before the riffage kicks in, and such glorious riffs to boot. I could just listen to that intro on repeat.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017

Lots of good shit already posted.

In Flames-Bullet Ride

Edit:

R.i.p.

Last edited:

Robaperas

Oct 25, 2017
Chile

I know Raining Blood is more hype, but the intro drums in Epidemic are great, they let you know that the song is gonna be fast as f*ck.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
the intro on this one is so efficient you know exactly how much you're gonna enjoy this record within 4 seconds.

Jul 14, 2018
At the gates - Slaughter of the soul

Duh duh duh duh duh

GO!!!

We've got a winner!

Mine is a little long to be considered an intro, but the beginning of Sinners Bleed by Entombed is my favorite 90ish seconds of metal anywhere.

*side note* Can anyone tell me why half of the YouTube vids linked here give me errors when I click them?

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Thunderstruck.

But I dont know if I would classify AC/DC as metal...

Oct 27, 2017
In Flames have some great ones. The Hive being my fav.

youtu.be

IN FLAMES - The Hive

The fourth track from the album Whoracle, released in 1997.* Anders Fridén -- vocals* Glenn Ljungström -- guitar* Jesper Strömblad -- guitar* Johan Larsson -...

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017

52070.jpg

Great album btw. I think my favourite Samael intro is probably the opening riff of With the Gleam of the Torches:

Or, from the same album, the opening wail to the s/t track:

But Passage has a banging intro too, Rain is such a strong opener, it hooks you immediately:

Man, that band used to be so great.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
They turned into a complete joke by the end, but of the hundreds of bands I've seen, the first few seconds of "43% Burnt" by Dillinger would always elicit a pretty intense/violent reaction.

Not for a song, but I still remember hearing the "Jennifer" intro to Prowler in the Yard for the first time and falling in love (and then PxDx turned into a joke too).

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I really dig this opening because it creates the feeling that the track is attacking the listener (even tho its just a cheap production trick)