• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Back in my Senior year in High School I went to support the basketball team at a game. Before the game started I was approached by someone in charge and asked if I wanted to shoot free throws during half-time for coupons for pizza. I was a short nerdy guy but sure why not.

I don't know what I was thinking.

So with a packed house I go out there and the announcer says that for every basket I make EVERYONE attending will get coupons off for pizza. The more I make the bigger the coupon.

As you can guess. Miss Miss Miss. Why did I agree to this?

Luckily there was a default minimum for the coupons so at least i and everyone watching got something for watching me humiliate myself in front of my fellow students, the girl I liked, and all their family and friends.

So what about you?

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
reverse fast suddenly in an atv and having it flip over on top of me in front of family. i was 14 and had never used one before

Oct 27, 2017
this is relatively minor (i lead a small life), but in my peak pretentious fandom of radiohead at a concert in 2004, i shouted "YOU'RE MY FAVORITE BAND!" and everyone around laughed their ass off at me

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Playing soccer and was the goalie got super cocky and leaned down to grab a ball between my legs because it was going super slow, didn't time it right and it went past my legs to score a goal which cost us the match. Audience laughter, team pissed off, was never asked to be goalie again regardless of previous solid record lmao

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I once tried to do "Go the Distance" from Hercules at live karaoke, without remembering that there is a two minute long musical interlude in the middle of the song with no lyrics, so I was stuck on stage for two agonizing minutes feeling like I was wasting the entire audience's time.

I eventually started improvising a monologue just to fill time but it didn't help very much. By the time the song was over I just felt like a complete asshole and wanted to jump into traffic.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
As a teenager, I once forgot all my lines in a play within 15 seconds of the play starting. I literally froze up, waited a few seconds, and then said "oh no."

The director saved the day and got me back on track, but I still get to relive that moment constantly, especially when I am trying to go to sleep!

Dec 6, 2017
US
I used to play in a band quite some years back, drums to be specific, and this cool local venue we always hung out at anyway booked us for a show as an opener for a band we also liked.

We ended up getting shitfaced and the set devolved into such a disaster that I got up from behind the drums and horribly, and in mock-falsetto, started 'singing' Black Sabbath's Paranoid while the guitarist played it even worse and laughed his ass off. It was really funny at that moment.

The next day...not so much...

Oct 26, 2017
Had a sinus infection during a presentation, was making one of my most important points when my nose started running and I had to talk while trying to keep the snot from dripping out. I kept it clean, but I sounded like a fuckin weirdo for a few minutes.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Fell down while skateboarding to class at UCSD. There was a crack in the sidewalk that sent me flying. There were some dozens of people walking around me, and my skateboard rolled towards someone, who brought it over to me.

Solace

Dog's Best Friend
Oct 29, 2017
Wearing black pants with white underwear, in a fairly formal party, and then realizing my fly was down the whole time.
We were all gathered together saying goodbye when the host's girl shouted from like 50 meters away that 'Hey! Your fly is down' so the whole crowd turned around and watched me as I fixed the issue :D

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
As a teenager, I once forgot all my lines in a play within 15 seconds of the play starting. I literally froze up, waited a few seconds, and then said "oh no."

The director saved the day and got me back on track, but I still get to relive that moment constantly, especially when I am trying to go to sleep!

When I was in elementary school, I got cast in a musical but I was apparently such a goody-two-shoes as a little kid that I refused to say my lines in front of the audience because "it would be lying". The only way they were able to get my lines out at all was to have me say them into a tape recorder in private and then dub my lines over me as I lip synced them on stage.

The kicker? Outside of a few chorus parts I only had like two lines. I don't know why they didn't just cut me from the damn musical.

Dogzillaboot

Nov 12, 2017
Sacramento, California
Projectile vomited at a concert onto a child, the dance floor, and anyone who dared get too close to me as I sprinted for the bathroom. I couldn't show my face at Rocket Town in Nashville for years...

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
In middle school I was in a group of like 20 people and the teacher told us to individually sing our names and a fact about us. I was first.... No one else would do it.... I rapped.... I'm very white......

I started with yo yo yo

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
I ate a bad combination of breakfast burrito and some kind of mixed fruit juice before freshman year of high school. I could tell something was wrong since I was burning up. Go to the nurse, AKA the receptionist, who told me to and I quote "get a drink of water". Yeah, so that did nothing. One of my friends asks me if I feel OK and then I barf up all over the floor. Start walking to a nearby trashcan, vomit like three times more. By the time I reach a trashcan, I'm empty. Receptionist yells at me for not doing something about it, then I go home.

Embarrassing when it happened, because I vomited before school started in front of pretty much the whole school.

sonder

Banned
Mar 18, 2020
I was 8 and at an outdoor swim meet at a 50m pool. My event was up so I took off my shorts/shirt and put on my cap/goggles and walked down the pool to the starting block to line up. Only I was wearing my tighty-whities and not my swimsuit. I RAN back all the way down the length of the pool while folks were absolutely howling. Got my bag and ran into the locker room. My pops had to come and get me out of there. I didn't swim that day and almost quit the team.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
In middle school I was in a group of like 20 people and the teacher told us to individually sing our names and a fact about us. I was first.... No one else would do it.... I rapped.... I'm very white......

I started with yo yo yo
4Kids came back from the dead to call you up for their new anime dub theme song.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
when i was in middle school my dad was (in his spare time) playing in a cover band at a bar once a weekend, and one night my family came to watch. he had me go on stage so he could introduce me to the audience or something....? and made me show them that i could play guitar..... and i was completely frozen in shock and nervousness and could only manage to squeeze out a few lines from Come As You Are so i could satisfy him and get off the stage as soon as possible.

lots of drunk adults clapping and cheering because i guess they thought it was cute but i was mortified.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
Most important presentation of my life up until that point and probably the highest stress I've ever had. I was 18 at that point. I forgot my goddamn name when I came up to speak and mumbled for nearly 15 seconds. Had to run to take a peek. On cards I had to remember my goddamn name. I recovered well but damn was it horrifying.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
one time in hs i signed up for track and field meet where a lot of people would be in attendance, basically did nothing and then randomly switched to long jump at the last minute, then just kinda hopped into the sand

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Playing soccer and was the goalie got super cocky and leaned down to grab a ball between my legs because it was going super slow, didn't time it right and it went past my legs to score a goal which cost us the match. Audience laughter, team pissed off, was never asked to be goalie again regardless of previous solid record lmao
Is this you

Lionel Mandrake

Prophetic Lionel Mandrake
Oct 26, 2017
1. My friends pushed me to go compete in an impression contest that a local radio station surprised the audience with at a movie theater in town showing Rambo IV. I didn't want to, but they eventually started chanting my name and everyone was looking, so I pretty much had to. I get down there and it's just me and this old guy. The contest is to say a line from a Stallone movie and try to sound closest to him. I suddenly forget every single thing that Sylvester Stallone has ever said, but I can remember the trailer for the movie I'm about to see, so I just say "When you're pushed--killing's as easy as breathing." It gets a tepid response, because it's not a line anybody associates with Stallone. The old man then--without even attempting to alter his voice in any regard--just quotes, word-for-word some speech from an earlier Rambo movie. It goes on for a full minute. He gets a huge standing ovation, because who the hell would memorize a Rambo speech? I lose and go sit down and my friends were like, "Why didn't you go with 'Adrien'?" And I feel like a jackass. Still haunts me at night sometimes.

2. This one's funny now, but was mortifying at the time. Presidential sit-up test at P.E. in junior high. You try to do as many sit-ups as possible while another kid holds your feet down to make it easier. You have to do a certain amount or you fail. About 5 sit-ups in, I fart right in the other kids face. He smirks, but keeps it professional. But I go up again, and I fart again. Then again. Literally every time I come up, I'm forcing out gas right into this guy's face, and I'm not sure if I should just give up or press on. I keep going, and eventually the guy is both laughing and also and trying to back away to not get more facefuls of fart. The P.E. teacher sees him backing off and comes over and yells, "What are you doing? Get out of the way!" And now the P.E. teacher is holding my feet down, and he yells, "Come on! Keep going!" So I keep doing sit-ups, and I keep farting, and the teacher's intervention has drawn more attention to me, so now they're way more audible to the kids around me. I remember the teacher's whistle falling out of his mouth once he realized what the issue was, and he starts cracking up as they keep coming. Finally he calls "Time!" and he gets up, and I remember him saying "Goddamn, son."

Coriander

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I was selected last-minute as one of the audience participants for the musical The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, which means that for two-thirds of the show's duration one horrible night, I got to stand on a Broadway stage while taking part in a staged spelling bee deliberately rigged against me and the three or four other audience stooges, all for the amusement of several hundred howling audience members.

At least they sent me back to my seat with a juice box when the indignity was over.

twistofnate

May 24, 2019
AZ
Marching band in a 4 mile parade. Too hot because it was upper 90s (F) and we were forced to wear full wool uniforms. We're about one block from the end of the route, and I suddenly threw up in the middle of the street in front of hundreds of people. No character built - just a lifetime of anxiety in public.

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
I played youth soccer in my elementary school days.

I was fortunate to score a goal about once every other game. Never got to score 2 goals in one game though. One time I came close. I had already scored a goal. Another opportunity came up. The net was wide open (I don't remember what the goalie was up to, he probably ran toward another player, and that player passed the ball to me), no one guarding the net. I was about 10 feet away from it. No defenders. I mean, as big a gift as you could ever want.

I cocked my foot back, swing...aaand miss. Totally wiffed the ball (didn't even make contact with the ball). Like foot up in the air in front of me, and the ball where it was on the ground motionless. It was like missing the ball in T-ball. I cocked my foot back again, tried again, and by this time the goalie had oriented himself and he blocked it.

*sigh*, that was a shitty moment.

GurrenSwagann

Sep 20, 2018
It was November the 5th, primary school assembly. The teacher was reading us a story that showed the dangers of being careless with fireworks. When the story reached its action-packed climax and the firework exploded in the protagonist's hand, I had the sudden genius idea to shout 'BOOM!' out loud. The teacher was mortified and I had a stern telling-off.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
One time, I accidentally inferred Tom Atkins was an alcoholic at a convention panel. All the air went out of the room. It wasn't fun at all.

Basically, I asked Adrianne Barbeau if she talked to Tom Atkins (who was also on the panel) for any advice on playing an alcoholic in Creepshow. I asked this, because he's portrayed alcoholics in a number of roles, but when the auditorium gasped, I knew I'd fucked up.

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
2. This one's funny now, but was mortifying at the time. Presidential sit-up test at P.E. in junior high. You try to do as many sit-ups as possible while another kid holds your feet down to make it easier. You have to do a certain amount or you fail. About 5 sit-ups in, I fart right in the other kids face. He smirks, but keeps it professional. But I go up again, and I fart again. Then again. Literally every time I come up, I'm forcing out gas right into this guy's face, and I'm not sure if I should just give up or press on. I keep going, and eventually the guy is both laughing and also and trying to back away to not get more facefuls of fart. The P.E. teacher sees him backing off and comes over and yells, "What are you doing? Get out of the way!" And now the P.E. teacher is holding my feet down, and he yells, "Come on! Keep going!" So I keep doing sit-ups, and I keep farting, and the teacher's intervention has drawn more attention to me, so now they're way more audible to the kids around me. I remember the teacher's whistle falling out of his mouth once he realized what the issue was, and he starts cracking up as they keep coming. Finally he calls "Time!" and he gets up, and I remember him saying "Goddamn, son."

Fucking hell haven't laughed that hard in a while 😂

Tiamant

Oct 28, 2017
On my third date with my first boyfriend I decided to ride this bad boy after eating a chorizo sandwich:

5d84e4069bac456867dbec1b637259a0.jpg

After the first spin I started to feel my mouth dry and an unstoppable urge to vomit. I don't know how but I managed to keep it under control until the ride ended. Unluckily for me. There was a total of 0 people waiting in the queue to ridr next, so the technician shouted "who wants a second round?", to which everyone roared back "US!!" without noticing my feeble "please don't".

All I remember was me letting go amd vomiting while we were doing 360 spins at top speed. Once the ride stopped I was surprised at how clean I was and glad everything had gone well in the end.

Except a mother and her girl right next to me were completely drenched in my vomit. As I turned to see the mess I saw their horrified faces looking at me with such a fury that I immediately remived my belt and ran away to hide in the mirror house.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dropped my drumsticks TWICE (with no drumsticks back-up) during a school rock music concert, the drums were not fixed properly and they were slowly going forward with each bass drum hit, I only noticed that after I dropped it for the second time after hitting the air (because the drum went forward) and had to constantly adjust how I played for the entire song.

To this day I can't watch the video of it, I remember just getting really frustrated/embarassed at myself after we played and crying, thank god everyone was in a costume (including me) which my costume was wearing sunglasses, so you couldn't really see me cry. In the end we got perfect score tho, I guess the judges didn't really care if I missed a couple beats for letting the drumsticks fall (I got them back pretty quickly since they fell at my side and luckily didn't rolled out)

Fuckin' highschool days.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
One time at the warped tour I was pressed up against the railing and started to not feel so good due to the heat and, you know, being crushed by a thousand people pushing me against the railing. I ended up yelling to the security guard that I needed to get out and as he was lifting me out of the crowd my pants basically went around my knees.

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC

This killed me.

jp319

Oct 27, 2017
In high school I slid down a hand railing on the stairs and when I landed I let out a loud fart. I didn't stick around to see who heard it, just got the fuck out of there.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
I'm a walking freak show whose whole purpose is to be laughed at and made for all to feel better that they aren't me.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Sharted at a bar out with friends but not sure it qualifies because nobody realized. It happened, I went to the bathroom, confirmed it, ducked out the back, ran 3 blocks home, showered and changed and came back with similar colored shorts and nobody had any idea.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I used to pee whenever and wherever i wanted. So I was in the middle of a stream in a parking lot as 100 people got out of a baseball game and saw me unimpresive genitalia.

I also used to show my butthole for fun. One time the people affected by the show said there was a wee big nugget still on the rim.

Last edited:

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This year I was getting my hair cut at a men's barbershop I've been going to for years. The guy at the register changes the music, puts on Mystikal's "Shake Ya Azz" as my cut is finishing up.

As I'm getting up, I turn to my barber (same dude for years) and say "Man, it'd be good if DMX did some new stuff now that he's out again." He looks me in the eye and goes "uhh, yeah, sure?" The whole shop and all the other customers heard this exchange.

When I got out the door, not even 3 seconds later, I realized my mistake. I've not been back since. Found a new barber and a new shop and everything.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I got drunk during a field trip in high school and unfortunately our bus didn't have a restroom, so I was like "Uh-oh..." and puked in front of everybody. A classmate of mine I barely knew helped clean up the vomit. My friends told the teachers that I was just car sick, even though it reeked of alcohol.

The next day, I was super embarrassed to go to class but thought, "Okay, I should just own it instead of just staying quiet and ashamed," so when a teacher asked to summarize the trip, I was the first to raise my hand. I heard some "ugh"s and a "come on, man". So that was just two really dumb ideas two days in a row in front of the same people.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
I was on vacation in Trinidad for my friend's birthday. We went on an excursion and I was wearing a backpack. As I tried to get on the boat, a large wave washed up, making me lose my balance. I fell backwards on my backpack in the water as if I was a turtle upside down. I struggled to right myself as my friend started laughing uproariously. Thankfully he was the only one that laughed, the people working the boat helped me up.

The most embarrassing thing was when I was in college and farted in my Calculus class. It reverberated across the whole room as the seats were curved and seemed to amplify the sound. The teacher somehow didn't know why everyone was laughing but oh boy I turned redder than an embarrassed apple.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017

I shed genuine tears laughing at this. It's so absurd that I have trouble believing it to be true, but I don't even care considering how hard I laughed

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
In high school we once had a fancy dress dance. My friends and I decided, for some reason, to go as the Village People.

Eventually in the course of the evening YMCA showed up on the playlist, and we basically got shoved onto stage to dance along. That was... fine, I guess. We had a laugh, danced along. Only problem was that once the song finished the rest of the kids at the dance cheered for us to stay up there, and since we were all dumb teenagers who didn't know what to do, we just stayed up and there and danced awkwardly as hell for what felt like an eternity (though it could've just been one additional song). Someone must've got fed up eventually and stepped down, after which the rest of us followed.

We were all awkward geeky kids too, so we categorically did not have moves.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Drunk toast at a wedding. The grooms dad seemed to like it so it wasn't all bad I guess, but I remember it being really bad.