• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
Anthem is a 2019 game?

Because I can't even remember that. I had really high hopes for that game and they blew it.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
The last episode of Life is Strange 2 dropped a few weeks back with little to no fanfare. A shame because after binging through it in Gamepass, I actually think its better than the first game overall, and I quite liked the first game.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see TJ&E in the OP as I came in just to mention that. An incredibly worthy followup to the original game that pays plenty of homage to the later installments. Thankfully it doesn't seem to have bombed but it definitely wasn't the smash hit it deserved to be. Anyone who loved the first game needs to play it, and anyone who didn't play the first game must be FUNKIFIED.

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For a game people basically waited 10+ years for, KH3 feels like it just came and went with the ReMind dlc being a literal reminder about the game's existence. I had actually forgotten it came out this year earlier this month.

OP
OP

Phediuk

Oct 27, 2017
For a game people basically waited 10+ years for, KH3 feels like it just came and went with the ReMind dlc being a literal reminder about the game's existence. I had actually forgotten it came out this year earlier this month.

it was a strangely unambitious game for how long it had been in the works.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
I think they did a great job of evolving the Metro franchise with Exodus while still having it feel true to the original games.....shame it was excluded from GOTY lists.....I'm looking forward to the next dlc early in 2020.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
header.jpg

Travis Strikes Again

Nobody remembers the Switch hidden gem of january let alone the PC oder PS4 release.
Gameplay was fairly limited but the story was cool and it had some genuine WTF moments.

I'm pumped for NMH3.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I rarely see anyone post about the Far Cry: New Dawn and Wolfenstein: Youngblood except to say that they were mediocre.

May 10, 2019
Or any epic exclusive game in general ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Phoenix Point, Rebel Galaxy Outlaw, Anno 1800, Ancestors, even Outer Wilds is mostly forgotten

Hyperbole in a couple of cases (in regards to the multiplatform games - fuck outta here if I gotta hear somebody telling me to give Outer Wilds an 11th chance) but there's a grain of truth to it, especially with non-Annapurna indies. It's either that getting paid up front took away motivation or impetus to actually promote the game, or the public stigma is just too much to deal with. In the latter case, I can't really blame them.

It's also the case with Superliminal, SuperMASH, Paranoia: Happiness Is Mandatory, Omen of Sorrow, Manifold Garden, Kine, The Sojourn, Observation, and Surviving The Aftermath (although that's technically early access).

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
I feel like most forgot about Steamworld Quest.

It was a fun game. Not as great as Heist or Dig 2 but definately good fun.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
A few spring to mind:
  • "Top" Pick: Vane. Hell, even Wikipedia barely has an article on it. It came out on Steam several months later to virtually no sales whatsoever.
  • Travis Strikes Again. I actually had to double check whether it came out this year or last. Not even the No More Heroes III hype could bring TSA back into the discussion, though. It really just came and went.
  • Fitness Boxing. Was a neat Switch fitness game for a little while and then no one talked about it. Even when RingFit Adventure came out, I never saw the game brought up in any "hey if I liked this, what else would I like?" discussions. Also not helping was that it came out extremely early in the year (January 4 in North America).
  • Tropico 6 came out this year. We talked about it here for a little while and then it fell off the face of the earth. Not even the later PS4/XB1 port made much of a splash.

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
52e6ffd76e037ef7e4ee10a6a681b827b98a8c5a.jpg

Rage 2 anyone? For a game that had a huge budget, the support of a major publisher, and made multiple E3 appearances, it came and went like a fart in the wind.

I actually started playing this over xmas on gamepass. I'm enjoying it. The fundamentals are really solid, love the gunplay and action. Really suffers from openworld box ticking exercises though. There is a great game in there but they didn't get it right.

You are correct though, no fanfare to this release whatsoever.

iag

Oct 27, 2017
How's Apex doing? I don't follow news about it but it seems we don't have many threads for it here.

Feb 5, 2018
The-Legend-of-Heroes-Trails-of-Cold-Steel-III---Early-Enrollment-Edition

Best RPG of 2019 and best RPG series of the 2010's. Too bad none of the major outlets even bothered to cover it, presumably because its an anime game and developed by a lesser mainstream studio than say Square-Enix or Level 5.

Ace Combat 7 and Pathologic 2 I guess as well

Late to the party but CS3 is at the franchise's peak so far and it bodes well for future titles. I believe it had the highest preorders and highest exposure from Falcom. We should be getting CS4 in 2020 as a result and I have a big feeling the Crossbell titles will be announced to being translated for 2021.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
81nH-3uCGxL.AC_SL1500_.jpg

I feel like no one talks about SamSho. I never played it but I thought it looked pretty cool. I barely even remember seeing an OT for it.

OP
OP

Phediuk

Oct 27, 2017
81tsxv62dCL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 3, anyone? This one got swept under the rug awfully quickly for being a Switch exclusive, developed by Team Ninja no less!

OP
OP

Phediuk

Oct 27, 2017
qcuaciwzuan21.png

How about Blaster Master Zero 2? The first one got a decent amount of attention at the Switch's launch, but this one seems to have been completely ignored.

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017
Rage 2. I bought and beat it day one but it feels like that was a year ago. Crazy to think it came out this year.

sonicmj1

Oct 25, 2017

A sequel to One Finger Death Punch came out this year, improving nicely on the original, and I hardly saw any mention of it anywhere.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
People will remember Anthem for all the wrong reasons.

I gotta give it to Far Cry New Dawn. How do you manage to release a AAA action game and have no one care? It's just baffling.

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017
It's had updates since I played, so it could better. I really need to go back and check as o said.

The levelling experience is worth the buy in, imo.
I just reinstalled The Division 2 recently and wow, there are a ton of quality-of-life updates:

• Targeted loot let's you do missions in a specific area of the map to get a good chance of getting a particular gear set, weapon type, etc
  • They completely revamped recalibration and now allow you to recalibrate any Stat you want
  • They fixed the crafting bench to max out at 500 GS
  • They fixed the vendor loot to max out at 500 GS
Good shit.

OP
OP

Phediuk

Oct 27, 2017
71PISGIUjVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Tetris 99. I was surprised to learn this came out this year; I thought it came out in early 2018. It came and went really quickly.

However, this one is apparently just me, since it's getting a lot of nods in the GOTY voting thread.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I just reinstalled The Division 2 recently and wow, there are a ton of quality-of-life updates:

• Targeted loot let's you do missions in a specific area of the map to get a good chance of getting a particular gear set, weapon type, etc
  • They completely revamped recalibration and now allow you to recalibrate any Stat you want
  • They fixed the crafting bench to max out at 500 GS
  • They fixed the vendor loot to max out at 500 GS
Good shit.
Ok, that's made me want to take a look. Especially the second point. Thanks!

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Oh God also that game Town (I think) from Gamefreak. It had been shown off in quite a few directs, was gathering a decent amount of hype then it released and was never spoken of or seen again.

Don't think I even saw the Nintendo twitter accounts promote it
this is a good pick. they trotted it out a few times but not when it actually released. did a search for it recently because i was like "isnt this coming out soon?" only to find out it already had

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
judgment-normalhero-02-ps4-us-17apr2019

It's a shame because it's an amazing game. Even in this forum where Yakuza gets a good amount of love I rarely see anyone talk about Judgment.
I was hoping it would come to PC but i feel like I'll need to play it on PS4 now.

Seems like Kiwami 2 came out a year ago on PC and still no word on the others, so if they aren't coming why would Judgment

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping it would come to PC but i feel like I'll need to play it on PS4 now.

Seems like Kiwami 2 came out a year ago on PC and still no word on the others, so if they aren't coming why would Judgment
It's bummer that it's not on PC yet, but if it makes you feel any better, the PS4 version runs really good and has no noticeable issues.