• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
61UBlhKZWsL.jpg

I only remember this came out because I want to grab it on the extra cheap.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
The Division 2 is already down to $12 on EGS here in my region. I bought it on uPlay in summer for $22.

I wouldn't say it's successful both in sales and player retention if they're already dropping the game that hard.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Pathologic 2 and it makes me sad. There were a number of people passionately raving about it when it released, which put it on my radar, but beyond that there's been little-to-no buzz. It didn't even get that 'Gamepass darling of the minute' bump when it hit the service a couple of weeks ago.

In a year where a hardcore WRPG like Disco Elysium has been getting tons of love & press for being this crazy innovative experience with incredible writing, I feel like Pathologic 2 belongs right there.

Last edited:

Amakuni

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The-Legend-of-Heroes-Trails-of-Cold-Steel-III---Early-Enrollment-Edition

Best RPG of 2019 and best RPG series of the 2010's. Too bad none of the major outlets even bothered to cover it, presumably because its an anime game and developed by a lesser mainstream studio than say Square-Enix or Level 5.

Ace Combat 7 and Pathologic 2 I guess as well

May 10, 2019
CQ2_title_mobile-1.jpg

I'm in a perpetual state of forgetting we got CAT QUEST II this year. I loved the first one, despite not finishing it, but the second one dropped in September and it never even appeared on my radar.

KingdomKey

Oct 27, 2017
Far Cry New Dawn and The Division 2 released this year? I bought them but dropped them both after just a few hours during my vacation now when I think about it. So those games, they uh.. were forgettable to me.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
The Division 2 is already down to $12 on EGS here in my region. I bought it on uPlay in summer for $22.

I wouldn't say it's successful both in sales and player retention if they're already dropping the game that hard.
I got the gold edition for $10 at release from someone selling their Amd code and I'm yet to actually play it, for me the change in setting is what made it uninteresting :/

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
judgment-normalhero-02-ps4-us-17apr2019

It's a shame because it's an amazing game. Even in this forum where Yakuza gets a good amount of love I rarely see anyone talk about Judgment.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I got the gold edition for $10 at release from someone selling their Amd code and I'm yet to actually play it, for me the change in setting is what made it uninteresting :/
Yeah, I honestly would have soldiered past the three hour mark (yes, I only gave it three hours) had I at least found the setting interesting. The snowy New York setting was incredible but the Washington DC setting was insanely underwhelming and it lacked any atmosphere or presence.

Hell, I never even dug the limp bullet sponge gameplay but the first game kept me around for two days worth of playtime on atmosphere and the Dark Zone alone.

OSPC

Banned
Dec 18, 2019
Do I need P1 to play P2. I don't know anything about these games, only that they are prolly horror and pretty damn good. I wanna go in blind but should I play 1 first or just skip it?

It doesn't matter which order you play them. Pathologic 2 is a reimagining of The Haruspex's storyline in Pathologic Classic. The characters and plot are similar, but the atmosphere, tone, and writing style are completely different. It's also significantly harder, but they added QoL features to balance it out.

Word of caution - Pathologic 2 is the most stressful game I've ever beaten other than The Void. Expect to be frustrated a lot.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I say this as a big No More Heroes fan: Travis Strikes Again seems to have faded from memories.

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Ace Combat 7 for sure. Not being nominated for GotY is one thing, but it missing out on so many soundtrack of the year awards just leads me to believe that many people forgot/overlooked it.

wossname

Dec 12, 2017
Do I need P1 to play P2. I don't know anything about these games, only that they are prolly horror and pretty damn good. I wanna go in blind but should I play 1 first or just skip it?

Pathologic is a game you shouldn't go into blind because you'll probably bounce right off it. It is one of the most oblique, punishing and difficult-to-get-into games ever (I haven't played P2, I gather it is similar but maybe slightly more accessible). I'd recommend you watch some of hbomberguy's 2 hour video on P1 to get an idea of what you're getting yourself into (the game absolutely is worth getting into though)

Last edited:

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty much a lock in my personal top 5, but I had a feeling when it came out that it was going to be on the niche side (although not as severe of a case as Lost Paradise was).
It was legit the best game of 2019 for me. Despite some of its flaws I absolutely loved Judgment. I really hope we get a sequel down the line that address the problems the game had and goes even deeper into the whole detective/lawyer aspects of the game. Also this might be a weird thing coming from an old time Yakuza fan, but I hope they keep the English dub as well and use the same cast. English dub in this game was amazing.

I already dread if/when they do a crossover between Judgment and Yakuza, which language I would pick haha

BuBu Jenkins

Oct 27, 2017
p4gdeoa6_1.png

game just got a big update and new character and its OT still hasn't had a new post since over a week ago on top of the overall game being shitted on and ridiculed by its own community while still failing to bring in new fans.

Last edited:
May 5, 2018
Ace Combat 7 feels super forgotten but most people. It's one thing to be overshadowed in January with Resident Evil 2 and Kingdom Hearts 3 coming out in the same month, but many Western outlets completely forgot that game out when I see these end of the year lists. Also a bummer it's not listed amongst best music because I think it has the best soundtrack this year, but that's just me.

It makes me wonder though, has Ace Combat always this niche in the West? Even when the PS2 games came out did Outlets not give AC games much love in awards?

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
AMID EVIL is such a damn good shooter, but it is barely brought up. It and DUSK are wonderful gems that needs more love. Maybe when they eventually come to switch and possibly other consoles.

OSPC

Banned
Dec 18, 2019
Pathologic is a game you probably shouldn't go into blind. It is one of the most oblique, punishing and difficult-to-get-into games ever (I haven't played P2, I gather it is similar but maybe slightly more accessible).

Developers actually thought the first game was too easy, so they made Pathologic 2 even harder.

AMID EVIL is such a damn good shooter, but it is barely brought up. It and DUSK are wonderful gems that needs more love. Maybe when they eventually come to switch and possibly other consoles.

Amid Evil and Dusk are too fast paced for consoles.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
The-Legend-of-Heroes-Trails-of-Cold-Steel-III---Early-Enrollment-Edition

Best RPG of 2019 and best RPG series of the 2010's. Too bad none of the major outlets even bothered to cover it, presumably because its an anime game and developed by a lesser mainstream studio than say Square-Enix or Level 5.

Ace Combat 7 and Pathologic 2 I guess as well

It reaches its intended audience just fine, it's not a forgotten game.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
p4gdeoa6_1.png

game just got a big update and new character and its OT still hasn't had a new post since over a week ago on top of the overall game being shitted on and ridiculed by its own community while still failing to bring in new fans.

DoA6 tried to please everyone and ended up a
pleasing no one.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I bet indivisible would have gotten more attention in 2018 when there wasn't as many damn good games being released.

BuBu Jenkins

Oct 27, 2017
DoA6 tried to please everyone and ended up a
pleasing no one.

They lost me the moment they cut Leon so no matter what they did i wasn't bothering with it until he comes back. At least the game being the rushed, half-assed pos it turned out to be made passing on it far easier than it wouldve if the game was actually good tho... so props to the developers for that.

Deleted member 227

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kingdom Hearts 3 came out this year after a decade of hype and it's already mostly been forgotten
Don't make your own indifference some sort of objective fan consensus, a lot of people remember it and put it on their GOTY lists. Also, hello, a DLC trailer just dropped this month and made a lot of people happy?

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I think moving from Winter to Spring really hurt it. People liked the white-out snowstorms.

Anyhow, Div 2 is actually pretty good, they fixed the sponginess somewhat by making more weak-points and having armour visibly break, so it seems less ridiculous.

The overworld is actually pretty good in terms of detail, so even though it is Spring, there's still a lot of character.

I wish they pulled a Forza Horizon 4 and had four seasons rotating.

Oct 27, 2017
Best levelling in a GaaS game.
Most satisfying exploration in a GaaS game.
Some very strong environmental story telling.
Great visual design making more grounded/mundane locations stand out.
As you level the loot game is very rewarding.
At one point it made me give up Destiny entirely and proclaim it the best GaaS/loot shooter on the market.

Then came end-game, which just sputtered out almost entirely. By the time the raid came out I had already gone back to Destiny.

I need to go back and see how it's doing...

Damn, I just picked up Division 2 recently and I've been having a blast with it. Your first few points are exactly what I'm going through right now. I've heard about the end-game being disappointing, but once I do get there at least I'll get my money's worth. It was only $5 after all.

RedOnePunch

Oct 26, 2017
Void Bastards made a tiny splash and just disappeared. It deserves more attention.

Ace Combat 7 also seems mostly
Forgotten already

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I'd have said Kingdom Hearts 3 if it didn't salvage itself with the DLC announcements. Basically no one talked about the game for 8 months, at least from my perspective.

Tropico 6, Dragon Marked for Death, Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story 3DS, and Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn were all released very early so makes sense they didn't really stick in the public consciousness.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
A new Steamworld game came out this year. I haven't heard a peep about it even on Era aside from its initial announcement.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
Far Cry New Dawn was pretty great. and i didn't even care for FC5 that much

surprised it seemingly fell by the wayside but it's essentially standalone DLC so not that surprised either

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Sniper: Ghost Warrior Contracts

I feel like I'm the only one who remembers it recently.

Angeal78

Game Producer at MistWall Studio
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Concrete Genie it's a beautiful and fun game but people doesn't seem to care about this game for some reason.

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
Completely agree with Toejam, and the game reviewed well too. I was thinking the exact same thing just two days ago, upon seeing the game on sale on eshop.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Zanki Zero.

One of my favorite games this year and one even mentions it. A dungeon crawler with a Danganronpa-esque story. The survival elements may put people off (I thought it would for me), but the game allows for a bunch of different settings so you hardly have to deal with that stuff. Playing on normal was fine for me.