• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Let's be real;
When was the last time any of y'all thought about KH3 outside of this thread?

CandySTX

Mar 17, 2018
Scotland
Here's a silly one I remembered.
This isn't some massive triple A hype fest but, after the PS4 came out, there were people so wild for a next-gen souls-like RPG, I remember a not insignificant amount of forum users trying to jazz themselves up for Bound by Flame. Oof.

It's pretty much the repeat of the Two Worlds vs Oblivion hype that happened after the 360 launch.

Last edited:

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hey, it seems as though you like your cinematic Sony blockbusters; good for you. I'm just listing another contender for this thread as OP asked.

It's fine to find those type of games less appealing, but try to think outside of your own bubble or beyond confirmation bias, and appreciate countless others do not feel the same way. The game literally just won Era's 2016 GOTY all over again last week, and here you are saying it was one of the most quickly forgotten hyped games lol.

Feb 16, 2018
i want to say artifact, but it can't really be that forgettable if i always remember how much money i wasted on it whenever it's mentioned

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
1561963792-jej.jpg

PeoPLe HERE SrSLY NEED tO lEAve THe erA BUbblE

Twitch numbers for a primarily single player game is completely useless. You'll see the same trend with all major SP titles.

I'd argue that if it wasn't for the RP mods for GTA 5, it would also not be anywhere near the top on twitch.

Why not look at some actually factual metric, like, sales numbers? Forgettable games don't have good legs. Good initial sales are one thing, but good word of mouth is required for sustained sales.

So forgettable that 8 months after its release it's still charting and even beating out new AAA releases.

Majority of last fall's big releases (AC Odyssey, Black Ops 4, Battlefield 5) have mostly fizzled out, while RDR 2 is still holding on. And all that while RDR 2 outsold the first RDR in 12 days.

klier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
For me personally, Uncharted 4 and God of War PS4.

Very, very, very forgettable.

Crap like Anthem, Fortnite or Apex I don't play so no comments there.

klier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Why don't you just fuck off yourself if you talk like that about the opinions of others?? I am totally with him. Uncharted 4 is not forgettable because I keep remembering how much that fucking game sucks. Fucking walking simulator: the original.

(coming from a fan of 1, 2 and 3)

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Easily Last Guardian.

I'm in love with ICO and Shadow of the Colossus. The hate for this game once it released was so adamant that I just never bothered.
its a head shoulder above shadow of colossus.u r missing out. if you have a pro give it a try.

Anthem.

Was supposed to be the next destiny and it came and went like nothing happened.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Shaking my head at the fact that Breath of the Wild, Witcher 3, God of War, RDR2, and a bunch of others in that top-tier were mention MULTIPLE times in this thread. Just horrible.
"The *insert game* is so forgettable me and my fellow minority of dissenters won't shut up about it years after release to tell everyone how forgettable and secretly bad it is.

I forgot it.

A truly forgotten game, that one.

Now excuse me as I go to "Your controversial opinions" thread to forget it some more"

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
the order 1866 for sure. anthem and mass effect andromeda also feel like frontrunners but i'm not actually sure how hyped anyone was for either of those given how muted and confusing their PR rollouts were

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
people who are saying uncharted 4

it came out 2016, was the GOTY in 2016 ,sold over 15 million copies and we have a thread about it every other week.Multiplayer userbase is pretty active and u can find a room to play MP anytime of the day.

how is it considered forgotten?

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Must be some early gen stuff. I think I was really hyped for Infamous SS at one point, but who honestly cares about that now?

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Well see, I don't think it's silly at all.
If you think it's a forgettable game, then that's that. Other people's opinions on the matter don't really factor in it at all. I don't necessarily agree with your answer myself, but if that's what you think then who am I to say your opinion is wrong?

Layla

Oct 25, 2017
Evolve gets a pass from me as it has the best logo of the generation, simple yet clever

Booya_base

Oct 31, 2017
Jersey
Well done OP you win. I came in here to post Anthem but when I read your post I literally thought "holy shit I forgot about evolve" so there you go.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
Killzone: Shadowfall
Days Gone
Mass Effect: Andromeda
Evolve

And last but not least, The Last Guardian, that thing was lost in oblivion so fast, and it was hyped for years and years.

SantaC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok you're using a game that came out five years ago as an example before any serious critical discussion even began. There's been several articles and anecdotes since then about how the use of the term both inside and outside game development affects morale and self-esteem. No one wants to be called a lesser developer which is what the term "b-team" has always implied. That's why it's disrespectful.

The fact of the matter is Mirror's Edge was a critical and cult favorite and people were clamoring for a sequel for years including myself. Don't quote my post over my personal excitement and disappointment to "well, actually" me and use blatantly untrue and outdated terms.
you are speaking of being disrespectful to devs in a thread where people trash their games. Oh the irony.

Venuslulu

Oct 28, 2017
Why are people posting about games they forgot themselves, that's not the premise of this thread. Pretty confused.

GamingRobioto

May 18, 2018
Exeter, UK
Even though people were wary anyway - Anthem. The game was such a disaster it deserves the label.

The Order 1886 comes to mind too, it wasn't a bad game, but for a full priced game it was a bit of a disaster and it barely gets a mention anywhere now after the normal Sony exclusive pre-release hype.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you think it's a forgettable game, then that's that. Other people's opinions on the matter don't really factor in it at all. I don't necessarily agree with your answer myself, but if that's what you think then who am I to say your opinion is wrong?

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

If you want the ignore the premise of, or didn't bother to even read the OP, sure. But the question posed or implicated wasn't which game was forgettable to a user on an individual level, rather in the wider context and generally speaking. I'd imagine those with some level of common sense could realise games like RDR2, UC4, BotW etc do not fall under such criteria, but that's certain members of Era for you. Not everyone here is exactly the broadest thinking or most logical, or actually bothers to read or understand the premise of an OP.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
TLG isn't for people who love SOTC, it's for people who love Ico. Almost all of the complaints for the game are from those that didn't like/hadn't played the prior Team Ico games or from those that only liked/loves SOTC. Few Ico fans dislike TLG.

So your hope is more that he goes the route of SOTC with his next game.
I wasn't comparing them, I was explaining why I had hype for the game to begin with.

DarthSontin

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I was in Penn Station around the time Evolve released, and the entire place was covered in ads for it. It was marketed to the same level as a Rockstar game. I wasn't interested in it but assumed it would be big at the time from the E3 hype and marketing push.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely Evolve, there was tons of hype for it, but it landed flat on its face.

It's a shame because it was a pretty cool concept.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why don't you just fuck off yourself if you talk like that about the opinions of others?? I am totally with him. Uncharted 4 is not forgettable because I keep remembering how much that fucking game sucks. Fucking walking simulator: the original.

(coming from a fan of 1, 2 and 3)
I totally agree with this sentiment. The game is just so boring and a classic case of style over substance.