• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
Guess I shouldn't have sold my Panzer Dragoon Saga when I left the US all those years ago lol.
I kept my complete Ultima 1 (Commodore 64 box version) and original black box 1986 release of Space Quest I. Values for those are only maybe in the ~$600 range but definitely more rare than my Panzer Dragoon Saga. No idea what the value of my Ralph Baer signed Odyssey2 Pinball! cart would be as no one else has ever sold theirs.

Shads

Jun 6, 2020
I think my rarest game is Daytona USA CCE Netlink Edition. Apparently is the rarest US Sega Saturn game and goes for $1000+. I would've never have guessed Saturn games would be so valuable.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Resident Evil 7 Collectors edition perhaps? Won it in raffle, wasn't available in stores.

resident_evil_7_UK_collectors_edition_1.jpg

Also have a few big box PC games from the 90s in pretty good condition. Maybe some of em sells for a nice price?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I added my games to the GAMEYE app and it (based off PriceCharting average) has the highest priced game as CIB Pokemon Crystal, then Cubivore

Jan 9, 2018
Sweden
Probably Wild Guns for SNES. I only have the game and manual though, but even without a box they're worth a pretty penny. I gave about $20 for it.

Shiranui93

One Winged Slayer
Mar 7, 2018
Ever 17 English PC version
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (PAL)
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (PAL)
Chrono Trigger on DS (US)
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (US)
The House in Fata Morgana Limited Run Collector's Edition
Xenogears

One of those probably.

Lego

Nov 14, 2017
I don't think I have anything super expensive. I sold my GameCube games too early.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
I actually sold a bunch of my sealed PS2 games recently. I made $565 on my sealed copy of Haunting Ground so I'd say that *was* my most valuable, and I probably could have made more tbh. I kinda miss not seeing it on my shelf, but I did use that money to replace it with a PS5 so it ain't so bad lol. Prices for old games really shot up during the pandemic man. Ended up making $1500 selling only 15 games.

Did you get Haunting Ground or any others graded first? Not sure if the return on that is sound.

indosmoke

Oct 30, 2017
France
Easily my complete copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga PAL (in perfect condition).

Also a few other PAL Saturn games (Shining Force 3, Dragon Force, Deep Fear...).

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Probably Panzer Dragoon Saga. It was around $1,000+ last I checked.

I don't pay attention to the current prices of stuff I already own. I didn't even know Panzer Dragoon Saga was rare and expensive until someone brought it up in a Saturn thread, I think. I got it around release.

I did find out from posting collection pics that I have quite a few other highly valued games as well, but nothing that seemed quite as crazy.

Shiz Padoo

Oct 13, 2018
I don't have much of value :'(

The most I can think of are a few of the Halo legendary editions that came with things like the helmet and diorama. I'm also pinning my hopes on some weird version of Spectrobes which came in a big box (for a DS game). It's still sealed but I can't find it on ebay at all to check the rough value. Hoping it will increase because it's Disney.

SniperWolf1

Nov 8, 2017
Did you get Haunting Ground or any others graded first? Not sure if the return on that is sound.
Nope, I didn't get any graded. I just sold them all on a whim. I actually wasn't sure what the value on Haunting Ground was since it was a promotional copy where the barcode on the back is punctured. By all accounts that seems to lower the value a bit. Though I definitely could have gotten more money on some games I feel. One that comes to mind is my 1st print sealed Fatal Frame 2. Only sold that for $60.

Overall though I was satisfied since I only paid $1 for every game I sold lol. I used to work at Sony and at the end of the year in 2015 we had an event where all of the video game inventory was being sold for $1. It was all brand new sealed copies of PS2, PS3, and PS4 games. Even got a brand new sealed OG PS2 for just $35.

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US
Zelda: Minish Cap CIB
Clock Tower CIB
Silent Hill CIB
Gravity Rush Remastered CIB

I did have Spider-Man: Web of Fire at one point but the game sucked so I sold it for a good chunk of change a few years back.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I'd be scared to look up the value of all the Japanese Mega Drive and Saturn games I once had and sold for nothing or gave/threw away. :/

Type VII

Oct 31, 2017
Probably Ibara on PS2. It seems to have jumped up in price in the past year.

I'd imagine the other Cave PS2 shmups are pricey as well.

KlytusImBored

Oct 30, 2017
New Jersey
I haven't tracked the value of my collection so much this year, but man some of them really jumped up recently. The most valuable one I have right now is Snatcher in excellent condition.

Followed up with PDS which I lucked out and got about 3 years ago at a game store that had a Black Friday sale which I reconned ahead of time and got in line at 5AM lol - scooped it for $300. I will never ever do that again despite my success.

MUSHA went up in price and I just saw a couple sold on eBay for like $1,200. Mine is missing the manual, so it's def not at full value.

Some others are Shining Force CD, Albert Odyssey, Shining Force III, Powerslave, Power Strike. El Viento, Castlevania Bloodlines, and Terminator CD all shot up as well. Some wild looking swings this year for sure. Might be time to sell some of these since I have the MegaSD and MODE. Not sure if I can bring myselt to do it though.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Not to brag (okay maybe a little), but I own quite a few games that are worth a decent sum of money. Nothing that's actually that rare (except maybe Elminage Original on PSP) but they tend to command some high prices.

Probably the one that's worth the most is Earthbound and I have it in mint condition too, I've never seen one on eBay that's in as good a shape as mine is. According to the seller I bought it from (some 15 years ago) it was bought, played once and they didn't like it and put it in a closet where it remained for years untouched (like it's some artifact lol). They're selling for $1200 on eBay and that's for complete copies with some pretty obvious wear. Mine would probably sell for a few hundred more.

Them there's games like Panzer Dragoon Saga (PAL version), Chrono Trigger, Demon's Crest, FFIII, Fire Emblem Path of Radiance (and all other Western released Fire Emblems), Hyper Duel, Cubivore, Power Blade 2 (cart and manual), Radiant Silvergun, Batsugun, Elevator Action Returns, Shining Force III, Action 52, Wonder 3, Cotton 2, Chibi-Robo and a whole bunch of other Saturn, PC Engine, NES, SNES, PS1 etc. games that tend to go for good prices (Jrpg's, shoot 'em ups, stuff like that).

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
EarthBound (SNES) (loose) $264
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 (PS2) (CIB) $132
Silent Hill 3 (PS2) (CIB) $115
Game Boy Player with startup disc (case and manual for disc, no cardboard box) ~$160

I don't intend on ever selling any of my games so it's mostly just for fun seeing what they're worth.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I have a lot of SNES games from back in the day. I think Chrono Trigger is pretty well loved, I wonder how much it fetches nowadays.
*googles*
... what the fuck.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Geez, I have no idea. Probably one of my like new (but not sealed) GameCube games.

Maybe Tales of Symphonia or Skies of Arcadia? Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes?

Ooh, looks like it's Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance.

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
Mine too. Bought my copy out of the bargain bin at Toys R Us. Best $9.99 I've ever spent.

Wow I didn't even know it ever made it to TRU. I had to pre-order mine at Babbages, I don't think they ever put any copies available for walk-ins. Even $60 or whatever I originally paid for it is a good deal right now though, lol.

It is crazy just how much game prices have inflated over the past year. LIke 2x-3x in some cases.

Shiranui93

One Winged Slayer
Mar 7, 2018
I own both the Japanese and US version of it (also of FFVII), as well as Perfect Works. If the Japanese versions are worth anything, I guess I should sell them.

The US version is much more sought after than the Japanese Version probably because of much lower prints (especially the black label one).

BigWeather

Nov 4, 2017
Guess I shouldn't have sold my Panzer Dragoon Saga when I left the US all those years ago lol.
I kept my complete Ultima 1 (Commodore 64 box version) and original black box 1986 release of Space Quest I. Values for those are only maybe in the ~$600 range but definitely more rare than my Panzer Dragoon Saga. No idea what the value of my Ralph Baer signed Odyssey2 Pinball! cart would be as no one else has ever sold theirs.
I had no idea Ultima I is going for that (,or more, one sold January 11th for $1,100). What the heck? I have it and the other ones all CIB and none of the others approach that in price. I guess because it was a re-issue it didn't sell that much?

Big_Erk

Oct 27, 2017
Chief's Kingdom
Wow I didn't even know it ever made it to TRU. I had to pre-order mine at Babbages, I don't think they ever put any copies available for walk-ins. Even $60 or whatever I originally paid for it is a good deal right now though, lol.

It is crazy just how much game prices have inflated over the past year. LIke 2x-3x in some cases.
I remember reading about the game in magazines (remember those?). I had picked up a Saturn from Blockbuster for $20 with the hard case they kept them in. My guess is TRU got the game in, but no one was buying it because no one owned a Saturn. I was looking for games for the Saturn and TRU had clearanced them all. I was digging through the clearance pile and there it was. I remembered it from the magazines, so I bought it.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
I remember reading about the game in magazines (remember those?). I had picked up a Saturn from Blockbuster for $20 with the hard case they kept them in. My guess is TRU got the game in, but no one was buying it because no one owned a Saturn. I was looking for games for the Saturn and TRU had clearanced them all. I was digging through the clearance pile and there it was. I remembered it from the magazines, so I bought it.
Lol. This was always true and is why for years Toys R Us was always my go to for harder to find games. They tended to get at least one of everything but nobody was buying more uncommon games like Phantom Dust or the first Ace Attorney....I miss Toys R Us

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
I had no idea Ultima I is going for that (,or more, one sold January 11th for $1,100). What the heck? I have it and the other ones all CIB and none of the others approach that in price. I guess because it was a re-issue it didn't sell that much?

Wow missed that one. My quick search only brought up this one ( https://www.ebay.com/itm/Origin-Com...rd-British-w-Maps-Coins-Manuals-/402590716902 ) and the box on this one is more beat up than mine so I guess the better the box the more they are worth. Will only get harder to find these as time goes on especially complete with all the maps and stuff so prices will only go up. Wish I had kept more of the old collection now.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Well, from this thread I learned Fire Emblem Fates special edition is worth a lot, so probably that I guess. I have a lot of Gamecube, GBA and PS2 games complete in box but none that I think are worth much. I remember Infinite Space DS was fairly rare at one point?

Don't sleep on Gamecube, GBA, and PS2 prices. Each of those systems have multiple games that bring over $500 in complete condition. May be worth checking into what you have. Games that were once clearanced out may be worth a lot now.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
I own this Metroid Prime / Windwaker combo. Bought it at a used game store in like 2009 for $20. Looks like it's worth around $250 - $400 used today ($1500 new wtf).

530.jpg

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have a copy of the original Zelda for NES still sealed from back in the day.
I haven't checked values on everything I own, but it would be fair to say that is most likely my most valuable game.

Hogger

Nov 18, 2017
Maybe Fire Emblem PoR for Gamecube. Questions for everyone with these old SNES games still sealed... how?? Did you buy them back in the day and just never open or are these recent investment purchases? I am so curious.

LiS Matt

Jan 19, 2018
Nothing too special in my collection, but I have a few things in the £130-£140 range according to pricecharting
Zelda wand of gamelon, hyperdimension Neptunia 3 limited edition for vita, and chibi robo on GameCube

Flevance

Oct 28, 2017
Probably the US version of Devil's Third which is the one I own

www.ebay.com

Devil's Third for sale | eBay

Get the best deals for Devil's Third at eBay.com. We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items!

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
That pricecharting website is interesting. I thought that maybe some of my collector's edition stuff might be worth something but it really looks like if it was released after 2008 or so, it has to be sealed to be worth much.

I have a steelbook version of dark souls on ps3. It was called Dark Souls Collector's Edition, but I can't find it on the website.
edit: maybe I'm confusing it with DS II.
edit 2: ah I have the darks souls "limited edition" with a "metal case" so not a steelbook. Only worth like $30USD.

Last edited:

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
Jeeze, I really should go through my old games to price-out and sell stuff.
Like, I definitely have a lot of valuable games here and there, but I no longer have the consoles to play them on, be it the SNES, Saturn, PS1, N64, GBA or GC - but I still have a lot of the valuable games for those - just a matter of going through them. Hadn't really thought about them much recently.

I do have these guys tucked away in boxes somewhere...

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2017
Apparently I have nothing of value.

I do have an Limited Edition of a visual novel on PC from 19 years ago, of which only 300 copies were made. It's probably not worth anything, but I'd have no idea how to actually verify that.

Shiz Padoo

Oct 13, 2018
Forgot that I have the Zelda Four Swords version in the big box with the link cable. People want over £100 for it. Yay!

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
I have a sealed World of Warcraft: Collector's Edition, which goes for a few thousand.

Looks like one sold for $4000 back in 2015 so it's probably a bit more than that now.