• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I know, just a joke. I mean his chin is nearly as egregious in the actual show lmao.
Yeah, the original show did not look good at all lol. I'm just explaining to those who haven't watched it that it's not *quite* that bad.

This is what the guy actually looked like in the anime. Like you said, it's almost that bad lol.
wiFywMo.png

The Kyoto Animation remake of this series basically redid the guy's face while making the art look less weird in general.

zOm2k3j.jpg

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
Goku clips through Oolong and he doesn't exactly make contact with Krillin either
GokuOolong.gif

Rayasab

Banned
Apr 12, 2021
Yeah, the original show did not look good at all lol. I'm just explaining to those who haven't watched it that it's not *quite* that bad.

This is what the guy actually looked like in the anime. Like you said, it's almost that bad lol.
wiFywMo.png

The Kyoto Animation remake of this series basically redid the guy's face while making the art look less weird in general.

zOm2k3j.jpg
fiMxxem1T2VcA_2B0guH0v2yglGEvWnUiYd_mSvakho.jpg

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
The character on the left is 2D the other is 3D

There's some really bad animation all round

ex-arm.gif
When the character will only appear for a few scenes it's cheaper to draw them. For those characters they use a lot it's cheaper to do a 3D model.

You'd never do anything this blatant in a proper anime production though, but EX-Arm was an incredible mess top to bottom
Beastars does stuff like this constantly in the first season. They just do a much better job of making everything look consistent so you don't really notice.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
I making my way through this series for the first time, and I was waiting for someone to post these lol. There's so much bad animation in this show!
Enjoy! LOL. The original Gundam is notorious for it. Very low budget show that got even worse because of poor viewership(leading to it getting cancelled).

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
This is not animation but was extremely funny when it happened a couple of years ago. Some stupid no-name show in Turkey forgot to put the CGI in and this was the result lmao:

Kid Heart

Oct 25, 2017
I've been watching the Super Mario Bros Super Show recently, and this show is incredibly egregious in this regard. As an example, here's a scene where not only is Lugi's hat colored incorrectly, but Mario is speaking with Luigi's voice.

My personal favorite is the one episode that has Luigi mouth's moving, but the princess is talking for like a good 5-10 seconds.

bananab

Oct 27, 2017
Lol thats so akward looking.
If we're gonna give examples of horrendous CG animation then you can't not include this gem:
zCe4qRt.gif
It's especially funny to use CG for a result that could be achieved via cut paper animation. Hell if it weren't for the mouth, there could just be an unseen hand moving a puppet.

Layell

One Winged Slayer
Apr 16, 2018
The episode "Heart of Ice" has a number of times where this issue happens to Batman's insignia

0lr1s6e.png

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Super episode 5 is the biggest outcry for poor animation/off model art that I've ever seen.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Wasn't there an episode of the super Mario Super Show where a character was missing a face for an entire episode? It was an Indian Jones-esque Toad character and they just didn't both giving him a face.

Kid Heart

Oct 25, 2017
The model sheet was drawn without a face, so while the episode is incredibly weird for not even acknowledging it, it's likely Indiana Joe not having a face was intentional.

www.mariowiki.com

Indiana Joe

Indiana Joe is the self-proclaimed greatest treasure hunter in Jungleland. He is a spoof of Indiana Jones, although he is slightly overweight and strangely, appears to have no facial features except for his eyes, only briefly visible. However, he is...

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I know it's pre-80's, but it's one of my favorite Disney Animation Studios films. Top 10 easy. Love it to death, but this is baaad.

Couldn't find a shorter video, sorry. So basically, throughout most of this, Little John is in his Sir Reginald disguise, but right at 2:28 he is inexplicably back in the normal outfit he wears for the rest of the movie, however near the end of the event at about 2:34 he's back in his Sir Reginald disguise. For some reason, they messed that up. Never corrected it, and it's only for like a second.
I was gonna post this dammit! Still one of the funniest arcs in OnePiece.