• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's funny because Canada at this point has the same daily deaths per capita as the US, so it's not like the border being closed is changing much.

Oct 25, 2017
Keep it closed, its the only thing stopping covid from spreading further here atm.

It's funny because Canada at this point has the same daily deaths per capita as the US, so it's not like the border being closed is changing much.

Lol my dude, we have 1000 deaths or something total.

You have nearly 100k and rising.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do you have a link to data for this? Everything I've found doesn't confirm that.
Look at worldmeters

Canada has a rolling average over 120 or so deaths and the us 1200 for the past week.
Keep it closed, its the only thing stopping covid from spreading further here atm.

Canada has far more than 1k deaths.

The difference between the US and Canada is that Canada never had a city get completely decimated like NYC.(which admittedly, is a really strong positive for Canada)

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Canada has 6500 deaths, 174 per million people. US has nearly 100k, 302 per million people. It's certainly more likely that an American will have it, but it's not the disparity that people would be led to believe on ERA.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Canada has 6500 deaths, 174 per million people. US has nearly 100k, 302 per million people. It's certainly more likely that an American will have it, but it's not the disparity that people would be led to believe on ERA.
It's more likely that an American would have it on average, but if said American wasn't from NYC, it's virtually the same likelihood as a Canadian.

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
Or senior's LTC homes.
that's a big part of the deaths. it was like at 70% a few weeks ago.

But ontario in general freaks me tf out at the moment. We didn't manage to get a western european halt to the curve despite ouf initally realtively lower count and even we still don't have an adequate solution for contact tracing.

I think that the lack of a serious strain on our not ltc health care system has been giving people a false sense of security.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Keep it closed until January 21st, 2021.

At minimum.

OP
OP
.Detective.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
that's a big part of the deaths. it was like at 70% a few weeks ago.

But ontario in general freaks me tf out at the moment. We didn't manage to get a western european halt to the curve despite ouf initally realtively lower count and even we still don't have an adequate solution for contact tracing.

I think that the lack of a serious strain on our not ltc health care system has been giving people a false sense of security.

Actually as of early May, LTC Homes accounted for approximately 82% of all Canadian COVID-19 deaths. There was a CBC article on it, I can pull it if you really need it for reference.

S-Wind

Nov 4, 2017
As a Vancouverite I don't think of it as Canada vs. the U.S. I think of it as BC vs. the rest of Canada (ESPECIALLY Ontario and Quebec) and the U.S.

Yes, the U.S. is a total shitshow with zero indication that it won't get worse, but Ontario and Quebec need to get their shit together as well.