• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Kate Bush - And Dream of Sheep

Portishead - Western Eyes

Mirah - While We Have The Sun

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
This was my first thought, so I'll post it

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Aldous Harding - Stop Your Tears

Agnes Obel - Run Cried The Falling

Julia Holter:
City Appearing

Horns Surrounding Me

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
I wouldn't call Mazzy Star little-known but Fade Into You is definitely an incredible song that has influenced lots of musicians.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Simone

Agenais

Donna Lewis has an incredibly soothing and ethereal voice but is unfortunately mostly known for her big pop hit "Love You Always Forever", which might have been her weakest title of her "Now in a Minute" album (But the more upbeat & dancey one of course).

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Makes thread about a song.

*Embeds broken YouTube video*

You had one fucking job OP.

Anyway, after refreshing and listening to the song I'm kinda smh. I lasted two verses.

I think Matt Bellamy has a pretty angelic voice. "Thoughts of a dying atheist" is ironically a pretty angelic sounding song.

Dolores O'riordan RIP had a very lovely voice as well. Her and Pavoratti singing Ave Maria is amazing.

Banderdash

Chicken Chaser
Nov 16, 2017
Australia
It's probably this:

I hear this piece, and i kind of get why people used to think that god spoke through the church.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
The most beautiful and sorrowful song I've ever heard is this piece by Gorecki. Read the lore behind it and try not to cry.

Ellens Dritter Gesang (aka Ave Maria) by Franz Schubert sung by Barbara Bonney:

Direct link to Youtube in case hotlinking doesn't work:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzXt3bRcWG0

Fantastic picks. For me, the piano seems to be the instrument which most speaks to my soul. That being stated, this might be what I find is the single most achingly-beautiful piece I know (despite its turbulent middle section):

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

"One day in the year of the fox
Came a time remembered well
When the strong young men of the rising sun
Heard the tolling of the great black bell..."

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017

Introduced to the saying (which I learned was from the name of the song) from the show Peaky Blinders and this cover is absolutely beautiful.

D.Dragoon

Mar 2, 2018

This song is absolutely beautiful and makes me emotional. I have had it on repeat multiple times since I heard it for the first time a few weeks ago.