• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017

Hello again,

It is hard to describe my feelings today as I represent the Polyarc team in sharing the news that fans around the world will soon be able to—quite literally—open the next book of Moss and reunite with our brave mouse hero Quill and her beloved uncle Argus. Since we released Moss in 2018, fans have been telling us they want to learn more about the stories within Moss, explore more of the beautifully crafted environments, and experience more adventures with their new friend Quill. And finally, today, we can stop saying that "we have nothing to share at this time" and instead confirm that we are indeed bringing fans exactly what they've been telling us they want with Moss: Book II.
Within Book II, players will be treated to new mechanics, environments, enemies, and abilities. Along with new weapons like the hammer and nature attunement ability for creating new pathways for exploration, we were excited to build upon the player's ability to charge Quill's weapons. This not only provides Quill unique ways to solve puzzles, uncover secrets, and defeat enemies, but it feels really good to be able to reach out and connect with her through that kind of team
We've said it before, but I feel it is important to say every time: Polyarc's goal is to make the most of the capabilities of VR to create truly immersive gameplay experiences that ask the player to interact with the world and its characters in compelling and rewarding ways. It takes a lot of effort to craft a world like this, and the entire team has been paramount in accomplishing these goals. We're proud of what we're showing the world with this trailer and are excited to share more in the coming months.
https://blog.playstation.com/2021/0...re-continues-in-moss-book-ii-coming-to-ps-vr/

Last edited:

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Awesome! First game is one of the most charming VR games I've played.

toadkarter

Oct 2, 2020
This is wonderful news! The first game was an absolute delight, as much as I enjoy VR games in first person there is something to be said for these diorama-type experiences.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
It wasn't dated, right? So probably not this year, but I don't think they'd wait for PSVR2 to be out either, I think that's still a long way off.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Within Book II, players will be treated to new mechanics, environments, enemies, and abilities. Along with new weapons like the hammer and nature attunement ability for creating new pathways for exploration, we were excited to build upon the player's ability to charge Quill's weapons. This not only provides Quill unique ways to solve puzzles, uncover secrets, and defeat enemies, but it feels really good to be able to reach out and connect with her through that kind of teamwork.
We've said it before, but I feel it is important to say every time: Polyarc's goal is to make the most of the capabilities of VR to create truly immersive gameplay experiences that ask the player to interact with the world and its characters in compelling and rewarding ways. It takes a lot of effort to craft a world like this, and the entire team has been paramount in accomplishing these goals. We're proud of what we're showing the world with this trailer and are excited to share more in the coming months.
https://blog.playstation.com/2021/0...re-continues-in-moss-book-ii-coming-to-ps-vr/

Nov 21, 2017
I'm actually shocked this was announced now. I figured the announcement was being saved to be revealed alongside the official PSVR2 reveal. Maybe this will be a crossgen PSVR game?

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
Been waiting for this for a long time. Really looking forward to seeing Quill again.

There's no doubt it's coming to Quest (and likely PCVR too) at some point. Maybe a timed PSVR exclusive?

Last edited:

StrayDog

Avenger
Jul 14, 2018
u5d89SG.jpg

I want a Mouse Guard game!

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Really excited for this. The first one was excellent and still stands as one of the best on PSVR.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
It wasn't dated, right? So probably not this year, but I don't think they'd wait for PSVR2 to be out either, I think that's still a long way off.
psvr2 should be holiday 2022 by all rumors i've heard (I don't have any insider info though just stuff on here and reddit and what not), but obviously things can change, either way with no date on this it easily could be a release game for it. Either way. I need to finish the first one as it's such a charming game.

Lvng

Nov 1, 2017
Oh great! Was wondering when we would get a tease of this. Hope it's not too far off!

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
The DLC they released a couple of years back... was that originally intended as chapter 2? There was some confusing messaging back then.

It was woven into the story. It felt more like content that was cut early on due to time/budget constraints that was added later.

It doesn't continue Quills story, only adds to it.

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
I was wondering if they'd wait for PSVR2 or not. I'll still get it for PSVR 1 but it'd be cool if they could also port it over when the next iteration is released.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed the first game on PC until the end where it just ends with the obvious "to be continued" shit. I totally get setting up games to have sequels and all that, I mean I love Mass Effect, but when shorter games do that or when they aren't highlighted as "Part 1" then I feel ripped off when I unknowingly get invested in something that doesn't have an ending and might not ever have one.

I'll skip on this unless this actually ends and then pick this and 3 (or more) when it's complete.

tok9

Prophet of Truth
Nov 2, 2017
It's a reason to hold onto my PSVR for now at least but curious to see how close this is to PSVR 2

DustyVonErich

Oct 31, 2017
Can you play these Moss games without VR?

DANG these characters looks so cute, and the game looks so magical and fun to play, but VR gives me headaches and nausea :/

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
This announcement was indeed a nice surprise. Really looking forward to this, one of my top 5 VR games to date.

Can you play these Moss games without VR?

DANG these characters looks so cute, and the game looks so magical and fun to play, but VR gives me headaches and nausea :/
I don't thinks so. I wouldn't say it's impossible on a flat screen, but it would not be the same. Is it the motion in VR that's causing problems for you? Because Moss is one of the least likely game to make you sick, since it's static environments that don't move. More like playing in a diorama.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Houston
I'm not sure about that. I feel like it'll be similar to PSVR and release around an October/November release window
except i think they originally wanted it out this year and pushed it for more production design time last year so getting it anywhere near out as fast as possible is best and during a media blitz time frame around June

DustyVonErich

Oct 31, 2017
This announcement was indeed a nice surprise. Really looking forward to this, one of my top 5 VR games to date.

I don't thinks so. I wouldn't say it's impossible on a flat screen, but it would not be the same. Is it the motion in VR that's causing problems for you? Because Moss is one of the least likely game to make you sick, since it's static environments that don't move. More like playing in a diorama.

Yes, that's usually the issue. But thanks for the heads up that the environments don't move. Good to know :)