• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
My boss talks up Mortons alot. I think it's fine, but would be hard pressed to spend my own money there. As long as the boss is paying though...

buset

Jul 25, 2018
My boss talks up Mortons alot. I think it's fine, but would be hard pressed to spend my own money there. As long as the boss is paying though...

I used to go to Anaheim for this trade show every year for at least 15+ years and Morton's was the only decent restaurant in the adjacent area to the trade show. Really liked it. But holy hell, is it over priced?

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hope he would've choked on a steak tbh. Maybe one day.

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
Seems pretty relevant that Kavanaugh doesn't believe in a right to privacy.

Also fuck Morton's.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
What a completely dumb thing to say. Creating a PR crisis and alienating millions of people. All while supporting a shitty human being. Brilliant business strategy.

OP
OP
Coyote Starrk

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
This

Why even open your mouth?
They are a place that caters almost exclusively to the rich. The rich don't care about the problems of regular people. They care about whether or not they can eat their overpriced food in peace.

This was Morton's making sure it's base knows that it isn't okay with it in order to try and keep them coming back.

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
I used to go to Anaheim for this trade show every year for at least 15+ years and Morton's was the only decent restaurant in the adjacent area to the trade show. Really liked it. But holy hell, is it over priced?

I don't go to high prices restraunts, but it seems a little expensive for what you're getting. You pay for service and atmosphere and neither are that great at Mortons, imo. My boss does a lot more highend dining than me and he still really likes Mortons, so maybe it's actually good.

We went to Ocean Prime more recently and I prefer it to Mortons.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
They are a place that caters almost exclusively to the rich. The rich don't care about the problems of regular people. They care about whether or not they can eat their overpriced food in peace.

This was Morton's making sure it's base knows that it isn't okay with it in order to try and keep them coming back.
I don't think that's wholly true. There are tons of rich Democrats, especially in the coastal cities where they have restaurants, who probably care about issues and would otherwise consider spending their money there. This really doesn't help push them to do that.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
I for one am overjoyed that the protests are having the desired effect. They still deserve much, much worse, but whatever.

I would never personally spend money at Morton's because that's just not ever going to be what I spend that kind of money on, but have been there a few times over the years via the in-laws. I am sure I can convince my partner to pick a classier establishment in the KoP area for his next bday, one not standing up for rapists and fascism.

Oct 30, 2017
I don't think that's wholly true. There are tons of rich Democrats, especially in the coastal cities where they have restaurants, who probably care about issues and would otherwise consider spending their money there. This really doesn't help push them to do that.
Powerful people don't want to be protested against, either on both sides of the aisle.
They're very good at empathizing with each other.

Many Democrats don't want to see this kind of protest out of fear that they could be targeted next for whatever reason.

It's much in the way that you often see content creators on social media platforms often disagree with the decision for someone to get banned. They often see themselves as a target in the future even if they would never do what that person did to get banned.

A lot of establishment Democrat types don't want to see the people they work alongside being rushed through backdoors because they fear it could happen to them, too. From either flank.

Grifter

Oct 26, 2017
Why would Morton's stick they neck out like this? Nobody back there had a thought like "leftists eat steak too?"

Dec 30, 2020
Good. May he never find peace or solace, may his freedoms be trampled and rights withheld, just as he willingly did to so many others.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
"There is a time and place for everything."
Conversely, there is never a time nor place for stripping people's fundamental rights to bodily autonomy. Nor should there be a time or place for regressive monsters who exploit their power to turn half of a country into second class citizens. Fuck you and fuck your steak dinner.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
Remember when Brett screamed and cried like a petulant child at his confirmation hearing? What a POS with too much power. I hope the protesters keep him awake at night.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
Now when I came out, I told you it was just about Kavanaugh. Then everybody had to open their mouth with a mother fucking opinion. Well, this is how we gonna do this. Fuck Tucker Carlson, fuck Kavanaugh, fuck Morton's as a staff, restaurant and as a motherfucking crew! And if you want to be down with Morton's, then fuck you too! Jordan Peterson, fuck you too! All you motherfuckers, fuck you too!

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
Makes sense a company owned by a Texas billionaire and with a single woman in leadership would feel this way. My question is where did all their covid relief go that they couldn't afford to keep the doors open of the original restaurant? Was it because it was in a blue state?

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

Lawyers Chew Over Justice Kavanaugh's 'Right' to Dine After Protesters Reportedly Forced Him Out Steakhouse's Back Door

View: https://twitter.com/BettyBowers/status/1545398341885984768?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1545398341885984768%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Flawandcrime.com%2Fsupreme-court%2Flawyers-chew-over-justice-kavanaughs-right-to-dine-after-protesters-reportedly-forced-him-out-steakhouses-back-door%2F

View: https://twitter.com/jessybessySW/status/1545381650091180033?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1545381650091180033%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Flawandcrime.com%2Fsupreme-court%2Flawyers-chew-over-justice-kavanaughs-right-to-dine-after-protesters-reportedly-forced-him-out-steakhouses-back-door%2F

View: https://twitter.com/BradMossEsq/status/1545371209893908485?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1545371209893908485%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Flawandcrime.com%2Fsupreme-court%2Flawyers-chew-over-justice-kavanaughs-right-to-dine-after-protesters-reportedly-forced-him-out-steakhouses-back-door%2F

View: https://twitter.com/imillhiser/status/1545383170153058305?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1545383170153058305%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Flawandcrime.com%2Fsupreme-court%2Flawyers-chew-over-justice-kavanaughs-right-to-dine-after-protesters-reportedly-forced-him-out-steakhouses-back-door%2F
Daniel Lippman reported that Kavanaugh had to exit through the back door and that a Morton's representative said "Politics . . . should not trample the freedom at play of the right to congregate and eat dinner."
After the reported incident, a Morton's representative reportedly issued a lengthier statement.

"Honorable Supreme Court Justice Kavanaugh and all of our other patrons at the restaurant were unduly harassed by unruly protestors while eating dinner at our Morton's restaurant," the company reportedly said. "Politics, regardless of your side or views, should not trample the freedom at play of the right to congregate and eat dinner. There is a time and place for everything. Disturbing the dinner of all of our customers was an act of selfishness and void of decency."
The reported incident set off a maelstrom on Twitter about just what "rights" were in play.
Many commenters referred to the irony of Kavanaugh's having voted with the SCOTUS majority in Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization — the recent case which overruled Roe v. Wade and held that the right to have an abortion is not guaranteed by any right to privacy or liberty guaranteed by the First Amendment. An anchoring principle of the Dobbs decision was that because abortion was not explicitly mentioned in the Constitution, it is not entitled to Constitutional protection.

lawandcrime.com

Lawyers Chew Over Justice Kavanaugh's 'Right' to Dine After Protesters Reportedly Forced Him Out Steakhouse's Back Door

People react to a Politico reported that Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh was forced to leave a restaurant after protesters showed up.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
we should introduce "The Dinner Clause" to law enforcement. They can't arrest, do raids or serve search warrants while a suspect is having dinner.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Honorable Supreme Court

Honorable

Thanks for the good joke. Sexual abuser justice should be his title.

pechorin

Banned
Apr 13, 2020
hopefully Morton's gets boycotted into bankruptcy.

edit: lol they've blocked replies to their social media accounts, how long until they "apologize" for their previous statements?

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hopefully Morton's gets boycotted into bankruptcy.

edit: lol they've blocked replies to their social media accounts, how long until they "apologize" for their previous statements?
pretty much. they decided to inject themselves into this shit storm the right wing justices created and they deserve everything that happens to them.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh well. Public space so too bad. Either you're with us or against us. Never ate there and now don't ever plan to.