• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
I reviewed it for my outlet on multiple PCs. What do you want to know specifically?

I'm also going to be streaming it later on today, so you can see what to expect as well.
Well, the minimum requirements seem a bit high, especially since it's coming out on base PS4 and Xbox. I guess I just want to know how it would run on equivalent PC hardware (I have a GTX 1050 4GB). I'd be okay if it ran at say, 900p30 on this setup, but I can't know for sure. For a comparison, I also have and played FF XV and Sekiro on my Laptop.

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
What's the PS4 pro performance ?

Relatively solid after the recent patches but they reduced the resolution and graphical fidelity to make up for it. Don't have the equipment to accurately test what they changed it to though. The character models got really aliased in the last patch.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
I hope the PS4 version of this runs ok. I really want to reward the developers for (seemingly) understanding what to prioritise in a Souls-like.

Nov 13, 2017
Big question to anyone who played it. Have you found a way to this chest?

4N9TuNy.jpg

Second question, where the hell is the Molten Spike?

Oct 25, 2017
Here's my review:

Really enjoyed my time with it but after the initial learning curve, I didn't have too many issues with the difficulty and felt the game was too short.
Surprised to see so many 9s and 8s, the game is very short and I'm not sure that $30 is a resonable price. But the game is fun at least. It's a shame that it ends right when you are getting started.

How long is it?

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Big question to anyone who played it. Have you found a way to this chest?

Second question, where the hell is the Molten Spike?

I never made it up to the place in the pic but the Molten Spike I got from one of those chests that you can open when you're the hunt/have a gland. Can't remember where exactly but I think it was in Fallgrim Outskirts.

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
I never made it up to the place in the pic but the Molten Spike I got from one of those chests that you can open when you're the hunt/have a gland. Can't remember where exactly but I think it was in Fallgrim Outskirts.

One of the spikes came from a chest guarded by a Grisha I think.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Interesting, I remember people feeling pretty cold on this after the first impressions and gameplay reveals, seems like the final product got polished quite a bit then?

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
This is so bizarre. I feel like every couple months a Souls clone that I've never heard of comes out of nowhere, and then is never spoken of again a month later. This one does seem to be reviewing a bit better than past ones

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Also, for those of you who played the beta, the final game is different. I never played the beta but when I was doing some research and reading up/watching videos, it's pretty different in the final game.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wow, it was only made by 15 people, thought it was a much bigger studio based on the demo.

Nov 13, 2017
wow, it was only made by 15 people, thought it was a much bigger studio based on the demo.

The credits are much longer than 15 people. The marketing says 15 core people.

IIRC, it was in the area where you fight the werewolf monster near Fallgrim tower. In the late game once those fish statues are glowing, you can examine it to get the Molten Spike.

Thanks. Not sure how I missed that, then.

Any idea where the Foul Censer is? This is the second upgrade item for the Hammer and Chisel. I assume it's in that chest I posted about.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
It was originally only-digital but is now getting a physical release but after the release date.

Update:

As manufacturing and distributing a physical edition adds to the production schedule, the physical version will release on Friday October 2 across Europe and North America, which is nearly two months after the digital release. We are confident the wait for this collector's item will be worth it."
Great! Gonna pre-order as soon as I see it up. Thank you.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. Not sure how I missed that, then.

Any idea where the Foul Censer is? This is the second upgrade item for the Hammer and Chisel. I assume it's in that chest I posted about.
I missed that as well, so it's likely in that chest you mentioned. That whole area was incredibly confusing. Gorgeous, but really elaborate and easy to get lost in.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I really appreciate with this game is that you can activate the hard mode right at the beginning. You'll renounce your shells and play through the game in your base form which dies in one hit.

Nov 13, 2017
One thing I really appreciate with this game is that you can activate the hard mode right at the beginning. You'll renounce your shells and play through the game in your base form which dies in one hit.

There's an achievement for finishing the game without ever using a shell. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck that. True masochist right there.

MasteroFlich

Banned
Jun 15, 2020
I thought the gameplay all around combat feedback felt very lacking from I have seen 2-3 month ago. Does it hold up to lets say Dark Souls 1?

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
Well, the minimum requirements seem a bit high, especially since it's coming out on base PS4 and Xbox. I guess I just want to know how it would run on equivalent PC hardware (I have a GTX 1050 4GB). I'd be okay if it ran at say, 900p30 on this setup, but I can't know for sure. For a comparison, I also have and played FF XV and Sekiro on my Laptop.
I was able to play it on my Surface Pro 6 at 1280x720, if that's an indication. It wasn't an enjoyable experience but it ran. Considering you have a discrete GPU, the performance should be better.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
10 hours for me. I suspect different people will have a different experience depending on which places they decide to visit first because they are not equally hard and long. I chose what I suspect is the easiest one and left the hardest one for the end (and didn't even die there lol).

Spoiler tag the easiest to hardest locations in order to help me avoid frustration haha

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Bought it, jumping in as soon as I start and finish Ghost. Hope it does well for the developer.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
It looks very impressive given the budget and the team. I just wish I liked what I played in the beta (though I really hate slow weapons in general), and some of the reviews don't seem to contradict my experiences.

Nov 8, 2017
Looks and sounds very good, I'm definitely interested. Seems fun, regardless of whether it's the studio's first game or not.

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
Positive leaning reviews, good. After the beta I was pretty interested in this. Anyone picking this up on EGS should have that coupon which drops this down to $20, so even for 10 hours on the low end that should be a reasonable price.