• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NoctisLC

Jun 5, 2018
www.nvidia.com

RTX ON: A Dozen More Games Will Have Ray Tracing and DLSS This Year

Today’s biggest blockbuster titles and indie games are RTX ON. Check out this Holiday’s upcoming games adopting ray tracing and DLSS, including Cyberpunk 2077, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, and Watch Dogs: Legion.

Mortal Shell - Available now on the Epic Game Store
Mortal Shell
is a deep action-RPG that tests your sanity and resilience in a shattered world. Your adversaries spare no mercy, with survival demanding superior awareness and precision. Possess lost warriors, discover hidden sanctums, and face formidable foes. Support for ray-traced shadows and DLSS will be coming to the game in November.

Oct 27, 2017
Just picked this up on PS4 because of that new Halloween update trailer (and Rotting Christ music which I'm now a fan of).

Few questions, what does enabling seasonal content do? I can imagine it let's me unlock new stuff in the update but does that overtake base game stuff? Is it an either or situation? Wondering if I should start without it, complete the game then enable it. I'm just so lost having just started out and not knowing how this game handles dlc and such. Also, clicking on the song pack didn't work. Another thing I'm not understanding. Maybe enabled in a NG+ only?

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
Just picked this up on PS4 because of that new Halloween update trailer (and Rotting Christ music which I'm now a fan of).

Few questions, what does enabling seasonal content do? I can imagine it let's me unlock new stuff in the update but does that overtake base game stuff? Is it an either or situation? Wondering if I should start without it, complete the game then enable it. I'm just so lost having just started out and not knowing how this game handles dlc and such. Also, clicking on the song pack didn't work. Another thing I'm not understanding. Maybe enabled in a NG+ only?
You can enable/disable the dlc and it has no bearing on the progression, NG or otherwise.

Oct 27, 2017
You can enable/disable the dlc and it has no bearing on the progression, NG or otherwise.
Thanks but now I'm wondering how I would even know what's what if I've never played. It's unlike other games that would have it as a separate mode and the option being there makes me feel anxious haha.

I guess I'll read a guide to help sort this out but I guess I wish I knew when dlc content would show up and how I'd even know it was when I see it. Is it just gear? Or a new area/enemies/boss(es)?

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
The DLC is enabled as soon as you download it. But you can go to the options and disable it. It's under Season Content, under the options. The soundtrack will need to be downloaded separately, at least on PC it did.

As for the content, all it is alternative boss fight music, which also can be toggled on/off under
Thanks but now I'm wondering how I would even know what's what if I've never played. It's unlike other games that would have it as a separate mode and the option being there makes me feel anxious haha.

I guess I'll read a guide to help sort this out but I guess I wish I knew when dlc content would show up and how I'd even know it was when I see it. Is it just gear? Or a new area/enemies/boss(es)?
I wrote a guide on unlocking the shell shaders. It's pretty easy, just requires a lot of consumables.

www.theouterhaven.net

How to unlock all the Shell Shaders in Mortal Shell’s Autumn Update

The Outerhaven shows you how to unlock all 10 of the Mortal Shell Autumn Update Shell Shaders

Last edited:

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So I can get this on PC for $14. Reading through this, seems like that would definitely be worth it?

Oct 30, 2017
Why is the starting area in this game so damn shit? It all looks the same, there's fifty fucking ways to go right off the bat and no way to save your shit. Talk about a bad first impression.

I die in this game and two minutes later I'll have forgotten what that area looked like and who killed me. How the hell is that even possible.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2017
Why is the starting area in this game so damn shit? It all looks the same, there's fifty fucking ways to go right off the bat and no way to save your shit. Talk about a bad first impression.

I die in this game and two minutes later I'll have forgotten what that area looked like and who killed me. How the hell is that even possible.

The game guides to you exactly where you're supposed to go, up until the first save point. I agree things look the same and the area can be confusing, but not making it to the first save without getting lost is really not a fault of the designers.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
How does this compare to other Soulslikes, e.g. The Surge and Darksiders 3?

I'd put it shoulder to shoulder with The Surge 2 in quality, though it is perhaps shallower.

With it's medieval fantasy trappings it resembles the OG dark souls more from a visual standpoint.

I wasn't a great lover of the Soulslike aspects of Darksiders 3 so probably wouldn't use it as a comparison.

Stuggernaut

Oct 28, 2017
Seattle, WA, USA
This game on my PS4 Pro once I installed my new SSD was so much better. I was struggling with load times. Post SSD install I flew threw the game and into NG+. Load times were 1/2 or better than what they were before.

Can only imagine a optimized PS5 release would be even better.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I'd put it shoulder to shoulder with The Surge 2 in quality, though it is perhaps shallower.

With it's medieval fantasy trappings it resembles the OG dark souls more from a visual standpoint.

I wasn't a great lover of the Soulslike aspects of Darksiders 3 so probably wouldn't use it as a comparison.
Nice to hear as I really liked The Surge 2. Should give this one a shot some time then.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
I´m surprised this hasn`t got more attention on Era. I´ve started playing the game yesterday and already put 8 hours or so into it.
Really digging it and even paused Demon`s Souls because of it, lol.

rostad

Oct 27, 2017
I found it really hard in the beginning but steamrolled last 50% of the game without dying at all.

Now I'm stuck on the last boss. It took me around 11h to get here.

Deleted member 22585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
Tweeted at the devs and Nvidia, asking about the raytracing patch. No answer. Maybe it'll release simultaneously with the Doom Eternal raytracing patch.... So never.

RPG

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Was curious about this title and it looks like Best Buy has it for $15 today (thanks Wario64). Easy price to pick up and give it a whirl.

Sundrowned

Oct 27, 2017
MN
Looks like the Best Buy sale is over, but Amazon still has it for $16. Just wish I knew if they plan to support Smart Delivery or offer a free update to current owners.

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
So, I see this is only like $11 on EPIC with the coupon and I'm into the Souls games. I'm guessing its a no brainer? Also, did they ever add DLSS/RTX?

Last edited:

Stuggernaut

Oct 28, 2017
Seattle, WA, USA
This game is a fun one, short and difficult until the combat system "clicks" then pretty easy. A good first entry, look forward to see what they do with it. Definitely worth those sale prices!

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
have they added RTX support to the game yet?...I remember them mentioning ray-traced shadows was coming in a later update...I played the full game pre-RTX and liked it a lot- my favorite Souls-like game (I haven't played the Nioh games yet)

'Mortal Shell: Enhanced Edition' Announced for Next Generation Hardware
OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017

Mortal Shell: Enhanced Edition is the smoothest, most beautiful version of the game we've ever made for console. It delivers:

⚔️ Uncompromised 60fps gameplay
🔥 4K resolution
💀 Ultra high-definition texture upgrades
🚀 Significantly faster loading times
🎮 Comprehensive DualSense support on PS5

And best of all, if you already have the last-gen version of the game on console, it's completely free to upgrade. We felt it was the least we could do to thank you for your amazing support.

Trust us… you've not lived until you've died at the hands of Tarsus at 4K60.