• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cyberia

Nov 8, 2017
Beta coming:

Looks like "tomorrow" has come sooner than we thought! We're dropping this early!
Dear friends/family and fellow artists! 🥳 🥳 🥳
Please join us in celebrating what is an Official Announce Trailer of MORTAL SHELL, a deep action-RPG that sets out to test your sanity and resilience in a shattered world.

It feels quite surreal that we're already sharing the 1st trailer for the game that felt like insurmountable project not so long ago! It's both extremely exciting and frankly, terrifying.

It's been an insane collective effort. Even though Mortal Shell is an indie title, it somehow managed to bring together a team of some of the most talented, smart, hard-working and outright extraordinary people I ever had an honor to work side by side with.
It is the people that found each other, united by a single passion in the empowering, creativity-enabling relationship, that is the biggest and most unexpected reward that came out of this. And we can't wait to be sharing with you more!
Please HELP us spread the word about the game and share the trailer! 🙏🎮🖤👻
Go to https://www.mortalshell.com/ to learn more about the game, check out 4k in-game screenshots and become among the first to play beta!!
And as always, thank you all for the support and love!!!!

www.facebook.com

Vitaly Bulgarov

Looks like “tomorrow” has come sooner than we thought! We’re dropping this early! Dear friends/family and fellow artists! 🥳 🥳 🥳 Please join us in celebrating what is an Official Announce Trailer of...

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm mildly interested.

Looks really good but the art direction is almost too close to From Software's Soulsborne-style in my view.

Will definitely keep an eye on this.

Athrum

Oct 18, 2019
The art style looks amazing. But after getting burned by The Surge, Lords of the Fallen and Code Vein, I'll wait for reviews about how the combat feels.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Awakening as an empty vessel, you will enter into a shattered and twisted world where the remains of humanity wither and rot. Implored to do the bidding of the mysterious "Dark Father," you must traverse this tattered landscape...
How jolly.

Oh my god, that man in the trailer has swallowed the rockbiter from The Neverending Story.
lol that guy uses himself as sword storage.
Ha, this trailer is so over the top dark harsh edge. It's almost more keen on communicating that than the quote above is.

This looks like it's put together by people who at least know how to make games look like they look good.
But I think I'll be spending my time riding sheep in the harrowing world of The Good Life instead.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
that trailer was really, really impressive...closest I've seen to nailing the Souls copycat genre...it actually looks like a From Software game...the combat and enemy design in particular look really good...I've always felt that Lords of the Fallen was the best Souls clone but this looks even better

too bad no pvp or invasions...

Inki

Oct 30, 2017
Umm hell yes.. I just hope to god the camera work isn't so busy during the game. So much dmg was happening outside the screen. F that if true.

rarewolf

Feb 7, 2019
Looks absolutely beautiful.Movement feels heavier in some shots. Will it be another Lords of the Fallen? Time will tell.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Looks really good but the art direction is almost too close to From Software's Soulsborne-style in my view.
Yeah. This doesn't bother me, but I'm surprised at the discrepancy between the reactions in this thread, and for The Last Faith, which is also close to Soulsborne style but in 2D which changes things quite more drastically, yet everyone thought that was too derivative.

To be clear, I don't have a problem with either and I'm interested in both games, but yeah. Glad that at least this thread isn't overwhelmingly negative at least.

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
Game looks sweet. Almost makes me wish I liked Souls games so I could play this

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
This looks cool but the mention of skill trees makes me real hesitant. I really hope this isn't another lootsplosion skillgrind type ARPG wearing souls skin.

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah. This doesn't bother me, but I'm surprised at the discrepancy between the reactions in this thread, and for The Last Faith, which is also close to Soulsborne style but in 2D which changes things quite more drastically, yet everyone thought that was too derivative.

To be clear, I don't have a problem with either and I'm interested in both games, but yeah. Glad that at least this thread isn't overwhelmingly negative at least.
Just watched that trailer and holy shit they just copied Bloodborne straight up.

Like is this even legal?

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looks Souls-esque and it's the art style is catching my eye. More so than other souls copy cats.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Finally got a chance to watch the trailer. Really hoping this turns out well. I have been missing Souls in my life.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
55yj8o.jpg

Looks like me from a week into quarantine. Those were the days.