• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Possess Lost Warriors
The anima of defeated warriors are yours to discover. Inhabit these Mortal Shells and open your understanding to their unique masteries of combat

Maybe these four are the warriors and will represent different combat styles in the game:

1r1k3q.jpg

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah just saw it in their discord and now here as well.. still tho it'd be better if we get a word from the devs.. since a game having a steam page doesn't stop it being an EGS exclusive later on.

Yeah, exactly. Who knows what could happen between now and when it's supposed to release?

OP
OP
Armadilo

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
this game looks next gen to me, especially for those early games that we always get, we might be seeing the start of a new game franchise

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
They definitely nailed the art design. Looks promising. I hope they can nail the gameplay feel.

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
Looks really promising. I'm a sucker for all things Souls-like and this is checking the right boxes for me. I'll have to keep an eye on this.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
BTW it's a new dev right?

Yes, it is a new studio and this is their first game:

Cold Symmetry, founded in 2017 by a core team of four, is best known for its debut title Mortal Shell. The studio is composed of AAA veterans with a strong passion for making games of their own. Their distributed development model allows them to work with the brightest and most talented people in the industry around the world.

BayonettasBuddy

Lead Producer at Cold Symmetry
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Anyone have any questions in here? I work at Playstack on this game. Will try and answer as best I can. Lemme know if I need to be verified

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
I remember being impressed by Lords of the Fallen early this gen when it was revealed. That didn't turn out well and I won't be getting my hopes up with this one either. I know, different dev and all but early reveals obviously try to latch on the hype train.

And western devs just can't compete when it comes to Dark Souls-like games.

Last edited:

Kemono

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have any questions in here? I work at Playstack on this game. Will try and answer as best I can. Lemme know if I need to be verified

This looks and sounds awesome.

Great voice over and the look is fantastic.

The only thing i don't like so far:

Maybe i'm seeing things but the player animations look worse than the others (monsters, etc.) Especially the movement (walking) looks not as good as the rest of the trailer. Also the trailer shows almost nothing of the player animations. Was that intentional? Is that something that's not as far along as the rest?

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
I will never tire of Souls-likes so I'm in, but I do wish they'd chosen a different setting. Hopefully there are some interesting mechanics to set it apart from From Soft's masterpieces.

Dec 14, 2017
The 'shell' swapping is neat and has potential. Soulslikes and clones are a plenty now, but this one has a unique vibe

Arion

Oct 26, 2017
So the website doesn't say which playstation platform it will come out on. So I'm guessing it's a ps5 titles maybe cross-gen.

EDIT: IGN is saying ps4 but I'm not sure why the official website is somewhat vague.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
This is the exact type of game we need right now. Wish I could be playing this right now.

BayonettasBuddy

Lead Producer at Cold Symmetry
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
This looks and sounds awesome.

Great voice over and the look is fantastic.

The only thing i don't like so far:

Maybe i'm seeing things but the player animations look worse than the others (monsters, etc.) Especially the movement (walking) looks not as good as the rest of the trailer. Also the trailer shows almost nothing of the player animations. Was that intentional? Is that something that's not as far along as the rest?

Hmmm it may be a bit more regarding how the stuff was captured in-game. We'll have more gameplay to share in a bit. Any chance you can point to specific time stamps?Will take a look - always good to get feedback

OP
OP
Armadilo

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Right, but... should I know them from something? OP is framed as some sort of embargo-breaking reveal but I've never heard of these people.
no game ever gets revealed on April 1st for many good reasons, it was supposed to have been revealed tomorrow but somehow it happened today.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
Looks interesting but it screams bullshots to me. I need to see it in action before I get hyped.