• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
The movie isn't good. If it were just Sub vs. Scorpion, it'd be great, but they crammed 4 movies worth of shit in here and none of it has room to breathe.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
Dope.

Zero nostalgia for the older film on my end, so I'm loving how violent this is and they really cast the hell out of these two in the best way possible.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Well that was mostly boring.

Pumped to see Joe wreck shit in this though, he's clearly having fun.

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
What was up with this?

Who is this character? And why is that sub zero dude speaking both Japanese and Chinese? Also is he not sub zero yet?

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
What was up with this?

Who is this character? And why is that sub zero dude speaking both Japanese and Chinese? Also is he not sub zero yet?
It's Bi-Han, (unless you meant Hanzo, the man using the rope kunai, that is Scorpion). Bi-Han is Sub Zero at this time (later becomes Noob Saibot). Bi-Han is part of the Lin Kuei, a Chinese martial arts clan that has beef with Scorpion's Japanese martial arts clan the Shirai Ryu. So Bi Han can speak Chinese, and I suppose also studied Japanese for the purpose of interacting with the Shirai Ryu.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
What was up with this?

That was the original Sub-Zero, Bi-Han. Dies in the first game, passes mantle to his little brother. Japanese samurai was Hanzo, Scorpion before becoming an angry rage demon out for revenge.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
I had 0 expectations going in, but those 7min went by fast. The sad scene felt incredibly rushed, but I dig the context. But there's no way they can keep this current (good) pacing when there's so many characters, right?

Not feeling the soundtrack though.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Cool kills, although the goons weren't even trying and the music hurt my ears.

Kcoe27400

Mar 14, 2018
Looks fun, Hiroyuki Sanada just looks like he could fuck your shit up effortlessly (still lowkey salty he was wasted by hawkguy in endgame lmao)

Wait you've seen the whole movie?
Its out already in several countries. Its apparently not good. Theres a spoiler thread posted here already with the entire plot and character breakdowns.

junk

Nov 1, 2017
It can be a shit movie, but whenever Hiroyuki Sanada shows up, he's always a badass. This looks really good tho!

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Looks basically like a live action Scorpion's Revenge, really gotta lean into that Lin Kuei and Shirai Ryu murder beef.

Obi Wan Jabroni

alt account
Banned
Dec 14, 2020
I'll make my own call regarding the entirety of the film but that opening was fantastic. I don't care if the film is light on characterization, I just want excellent fight scenes and plenty of gore.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a lot of fun, just the right amount of silly and serious in that opening. Can't wait!

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't hate it. Can't say it was good, but I didn't hate it and I want to keep watching.

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoyed it tbh.

My main fear for the movie is that it will have flashes of greatness but ultimately underwhelm. I'd rather a movie be just straight up bad than tease us with what could have been with some tweaks.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
Looks fun, Hiroyuki Sanada just looks like he could fuck your shit up effortlessly (still lowkey salty he was wasted by hawkguy in endgame lmao)

Wait you've seen the whole movie?

Movie is already released on 4/8 in Taiwan...
We actually get alot of hollywood movie earlier, I wonder why?
CZewrDT.jpg

I think the movie is ok~
I have seen the origional one, not a fan of the game serie, so not familiar with who is who.
I like godzilla vs Kong more though.

TheeFanatic

Oct 26, 2017
Movie is already released on 4/8 in Taiwan...
We actually get alot of hollywood movie earlier, I wonder why?
CZewrDT.jpg

I think the movie is ok~
I have seen the origional one, not a fan of the game serie, so not familiar with who is who.
I like godzilla vs Kong more though.
From your ticket The blue is sub zero the yellow is Scoprion.
Hopefully this movie will make the fans of the game satisfied. I'm looking forward to watching it in theaters

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Looks much better than previous attempts.

Actually having fatalities in a movie based on a game around fatalities makes it better by default.
Still going to be dumb as hell. And I'm still going to watch it.

Looks fucking amazing

Reminds me of Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist

This is actually good though. I'd argue it's actually the best live action media around any fighting game for that matter.