• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Director is some dude called Simon McQuoid, his directorial debut.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-14/mortal-kombat-to-be-filmed-in-south-australia/11112076

tenor.gif

Hounds

Oct 25, 2017
" 'ello baby. Did you miss me?"
Mortal Kombat is so hokey that it could work if handled correctly. With an appropriate tone that can straddle the line between tongue-in-cheek and taking itself too seriously it could work. I quite like the first film but the sequel was a trash fire. Hopefully they can just focus on the choreography and the characters to carry the film.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
So... Seems like it will have a relatively large budget?
Which means maybe no R-rating then. I know the first one was PG-13 but still, that would be kinda weird.

Feb 3, 2018

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
This wont be fair for most of the kompetition. Kano with the homefield advantage and all.

Alien Bob

Nov 25, 2017
I mean, no-name debut directors have made good movies before, but how likely is it that this is one of them

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
The only new bit if info is that it starts filming soon and in Australia, everything else was known.

Hopefully the latest rumors/script is fake, as it is the same dad/daughter main character but Sonya is in the special forces instead of a teenager, Raiden is not a kid and Shang Tsung id no longer a cloud.

ExInferus

Nov 14, 2017
in the press release it is stated that the movie is shot on sound stages with no mention of outdoor locations. Hopefully it was just omitted

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I'd rather have a CGI animated movie made by NRS people but this will do for now.

Oct 25, 2017
If you told young me in the 90s playing these games that one day a movie about MK would be made in my home city, wow.

Adelaide is legitimately described as the murder capital of Australia as well.

It just works.

This is fantastic news.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
All of my fucking hype. Hard R rating, please. Or at least two cuts - one for the suits and the theatres, one for people who want to see Cassie kick Kano in the billabongs so hard that his fucking skeleton explodes out of his body.

I wonder if it'll be similar to that fantastic MK YouTube series that came out a few years ago. Must rewatch.

I'd rather have a CGI animated movie made by NRS people but this will do for now.

You already have three of them. Three!

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Why not? We can have a new one with better special effects and acting. Old one isn't gonna disappear.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
I would be pretty hyped for a new Mortal Kombat film if it was a Hard-R. Like balls-to-the-wall gorefest.

Like the games, of course.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can fucks with it. Bring on that cheesey insanity. Hopefully the choreography can be dialed up. We've come to expect a higher standard over the last 2+ decades in action films(despite many films not meeting those lofty goals).

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
I would be pretty hyped for a new Mortal Kombat film if it was a Hard-R. Like balls-to-the-wall gorefest.

Like the games, of course.

Mortal Kombat is never about Hard R violence. Its always about silly violence , over the top shit. 1993 movie captured that shit perfectly. Its about Kung Fu movies homage, Evil big guys , tournaments , lizards,vampires,ninjas