• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
EOgezzLX4AcIPn0

A new group of Kombatants are assembling. Warner Bros. Animation is plotting an animated movie based on the fighting video game titled Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge.

Community
alum Joel McHale will voice Johnny Cage, while Dexter's Jennifer Carpenter will voice star as Sonya Blade in Scorpion's Revenge, which will debut in first half of this year.

Scorpion's Revenge is directed by Ethan Spaulding (Batman: Assault on Arkham, Justice League: Throne of Atlantis) from a script by Jeremy Adams (Supernatural, Teen Titans Go! Vs. Teen Titans) based on the videogame by Ed Boon and John Tobias.

The voice cast also includes Jordan Rodrigues as Liu Kang; Patrick Seitz as Scorpion and Hanzo Hasashi; Steve Blum as Sub-Zero; Artt Butler as Shang Tsung; Darin De Paul as Quan Chi; Robin Atkin Downes as Kano; David B. Mitchell as Raiden; Ike Amadi as Jax Briggs; Kevin Michael Richardson as Goro; Grey Griffin as Kitana and Satoshi Hasashi; and Fred Tatasciore as Demon Torturer.

Honestly, the most interesting/surprising thing to me here is that Patrick Seitz, Scorpion's VA from MK9 and X, is back. He didn't sound super happy about being replaced in MK11. Always thought Ron Yuan made a more authentic Hanzo though, bit strange we're going back.

Also this title is kinda ass, but hopefully this'll be better than the current mainline DC animated movies. Will probably be a step above the upcoming live-action MK reboot at least...

EDIT: Trailer.

Screenshot_2.jpg

EDIT 2: Red Band trailer.

Last edited:

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Johnny Cage!? :D

Joel McHale... I feel like he could do him justice. Assuming it's younger.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm super sad it's not called Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Scorpion's Revenge.

The series needs to continue!

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Was always surprised WB didn't do more with Mortal Kombat since they own the IP and it's a fairly recognizable brand.

I do agree they should have maintained the Mythologies name though. :P

Oct 27, 2017
Not too keen on the VA choices, although Sonya's VA will be leagues better than Ronda. Other than Ronda I really liked the voices in MK11 so I'm disappointed a lot of them aren't repeated here?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Not too keen on the VA choices, although Sonya's VA will be leagues better than Ronda. Other than Ronda I really liked the voices in MK11 so I'm disappointed a lot of them aren't repeated here?

Only Steve Blum seems to be returning.

Also interesting that David B. Mitchell who voiced Geras and Sektor will be doing Raiden.

Not sure why they didn't get Richard Epcar to come back since he's like... the definitive Raiden.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Oh I'm happy expanding the home video/DTV animated projects

How long before they do a crossover with Scooby-Doo

Kalmakov

user requested ban
Banned
Sep 10, 2019
So...what is this? Pre-Amulet Timeline? Amulet Timeline? Or Post-MK11 timeline?

Oct 26, 2017
Nice to see that Kevin Michael Richardson is reprising his role from the 1995 MK movie.

Otherwise, this could be fun!

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
*shrug* I'll give it a shot. I wonder if it'll have any placement in the now-even-MORE-insane timeline of Mortal Kombat 11.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. I imagine this will look/be pretty similar to the DC animated movies in animation quality at least. I'm down for that.

MakgSnake

Dec 18, 2019
Canada
I am confused - This is an animated movie that'll come straight to DVD - Streaming services or is this getting a theatrical release?

Also there is nothing on IMDB about this, I just checked.

I am super pumped for this though. Great cast selected already.

OP
OP
Spinky

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
I am confused - This is an animated movie that'll come straight to DVD - Streaming services or is this getting a theatrical release?

Also there is nothing on IMDB about this, I just checked.

I am super pumped for this though. Great cast selected already.
It'll probably be straight to DVD/VOD like the DC animated movies.