• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://uk.ign.com/articles/mortal-kombat-animated-movie-trailer-scorpions-revenge

Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge sees the champions of Outworld and Earthrealm battle to the death in a tournament that will determine the fate of Earth. The film appears largely inspired by the 2011 Mortal Kombat game, which itself rejiggered elements from the first three games released in the early '90s.

You can check out the complete voice cast below:
  • Joel McHale as Johnny Cage
  • Jennifer Carpenter as Sonya Blade
  • Jordan Rodrigues as Lui Kang
  • Patrick Seitz as Scorpion & Hanzo Hasashi
  • Steve Blum as Sub-Zero
  • Artt Butler as Shang Tsung
  • Darin De Paul as Quan Chi
  • Robin Atkin Downes as Kano
  • David B. Mitchell as Raiden
  • Ike Amadi as Jax Briggs
  • Kevin Michael Richardson as Goro
  • Grey Griffin as Kitana & Satoshi Hasashi
  • Fred Tatasciore as Demon Torturer

Lock if old.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Animation style reminds me of the new TMNT Nick show and can't really say i'm a fan.
The story also seems like a copy of the original live-action film and I was hoping for something different.

Bio-Frost

Nov 6, 2017
Bend
Is steve blum the only returning VO from the games? Blows my mind how inconsistent they are for voice roles. Shit changes game to game

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like it's focusing on a lot of other things rather than Scorpion. I figured a "Scorpion's Revenge" titled movie would focus more on his history and background rather than just retell MK1 while giving him more screen time (can't even really be from his perspective since we're seeing lots of stuff that has nothing to do with him).

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
I think it looks good but where's the gore
The film is confirmed to be rated-R as the trailer´s opening states so we are safe. Don´t ask me why they didn´t go for a Red-Band trailer. Some of the R-rated DC stuff had those. The new TV-14 Deathstroke mini-series is really violent btw. Even Young Justice S03 had spurts of actual gore so it´s safe to say that WB animation stopped giving any fucks by now. The last Suicide Squad toon film even had a nude breast.
Dito for the live-action shows. I never expected a drug-induced satanic sex scene with full frontal female nudity on a Batman show but Pennyworth S01 went there. Good show.

The MK reddit liked this one btw and so did IGN´s salty crowd where I saw it. Era is being Era again.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
This movie was good, but the 3rd act was strangely written. Which is kind of the standard with these WB/DC animated films, where 1 act is just weird

Everyone looks like action-figures, but the animation is great and it does some dope style changes to emphasize certain moves. The plot is just the MK1 movie plot but with Wolverine inserted in random places. Did I say Wolverine? I mean Scorpion inserted random places.

Last edited:

hwalker84

Oct 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
Yeah it was a good watch. Enjoyed it. Changed somethings about the MK1 lore.

Liu Kang couldn't beat Goro and was about to be killed. Goro while about to perform his fatality got killed when Scorpion threw his spear through Goro's skull. Scorpion then yields to Liu Kang so Earthrealm wins by default

Last edited: