• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hiredhand

Feb 6, 2019
During the first minute I was like this is okay but then it just kept getting worse and worse.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
This slaps. People are crazy not liking this.

Not everything needs to be the same as the one that came before. Its 2021.

The original is still the best but this great too in a different way and i dont even like dubstep.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
There's a thing with remixes that never works (to me at least). I'm yet to stumble on a remix that isn't trying so hard to differenciate itself from the original that it loses the essence of said original. And it also often tends to be too messy as well.

This is a good example of that i think.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Would have been better if the Song went into the original tempo and "MORTAL KOMBAAAT" Scream after the brak instead of that already outdated dubstep thingy

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
I prefer the MK11 version but maybe they were going for something that might actually get played in a club again?

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This sounds like some awful late 90s eurotrash
This slaps. People are crazy not liking this.

Not everything needs to be the same as the one that came before. Its 2021.

The original is still the best but this great too in a different way and i dont even like dubstep.
This isn't dubstep. It's just techno.

and no, it doesn't need to sound the same. But this still isn't good.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Of course they dubstepped it up.

Eh, it's a'ight.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I like it a lot. I think it's more consistently good than the OG. The OG hits harder, but the part where the announcer lists the names of the characters is bad. The new theme nevers goes that low in quality. It's a consistent 4/5 or 3/5, whereas the OG fluctuates between 5/5 and 1/5.

Psyborg

Aug 6, 2018
Could have gone without the 2009 dubstep breakdown at the end but I like it overal.

The producer is Benjamin Wallfisch who worked on Bladerunner along with Zimmer. One of my favorite movie scores of all time.

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's okay, the dubstep shit in the middle ruins it though. You can't beat the original.

We better get this in the film again.

Last edited:

ExInferus

Nov 14, 2017
I kinda like but it's missing the part that comes before the name announcements. I'm glad though that the crappy naming part is much better

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
I still remember seeing the first movie in the theater when I was 13 and getting chills from the theme playing with the CG dragon logo lol

It's okay, the dubstep shit in the middle ruins it though. You can't beat the original.

We better get this in the film again though.

Man, I listened to the MK OST so much back in the day. Juno Reactor, Type O Negative, Orbital, Gravity Kills, etc.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
What in the everloving EDM shit is this

It's like the producer said, give me a dude on ecstacy spinning his dick like a helicopter as coolaid rains from the heavens.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
It's hilarious how most EDM is pretty timeless to me, except for dubstep. That shit instantly sounds 10 years old whenever I hear it.

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The name dropping part is one of the best things about the original imo lol.

Even Annihilation had the same thing.

Jonny Cage theme:

Lets dance.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
The beginning slaps, because the classic Mortal Kombat theme slaps. But it seriously loses its way in the middle.

They should've inserted something like Scorpion's Theme:

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Would have been cool to have the original composers come back for it.

Either way, this is just too laid back

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
If they don't have a remix of, or reference to, Halycon and On and On by Orbital for the end credits, I'm finna riot.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Sounds like some weak edm remix. Not a fan.

They should of had mick Gordon do the track.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This version doesn't fit at all what we seen in the trailers. This will probably play in the credits. So Meh.

Pookmunki

Oct 27, 2017
I saw all the 'last 1/3rd' comments and thought you were over reacting.

Nope. Rest of the song does the job though, familiar yet current.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017

We better get this in the film again.

Used to listen to that song sooo much. It was also in the opening of Hackers(can stop watching after the song ends), pretty sure one or more of the Wipeout games licensed it too.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Way too EDM for my likes. Feel like I'm at a rave, and I'm trying to wrap my head around it being used in the MK reboot which looks considerably darker in tone and atmosphere compared to the original film which leaned into the cheese.

Just use the original song again. Or the remix from the MK11 launch trailer.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Too similar in the parts its similar and too different in the parts where it's different. Doesn't feel like it committed to any philosophy for constructing a remix. It's just a mess.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
This sounds great to me. They went pretty heavy into the EDM with it but its a fitting modern remake of the original, the announcer part with the fighter names is less awkward than the original too tbh.

Only part thats shit is the tail end of it with the dubstep portion.

The original is still GOAT tho.