• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
cute, someone saying mileena will get a trailer next

poor people don't know this movie is a sausage fest =P

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I rewatched the original the other day and it is such a guilty pleasure for me. Hope this one is as good.

Apr 27, 2020
giphy.gif

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Getting Night King vibes from the Sub Zero poster.
Also, are they seriously doing the whole original main character again like the RE movies?

Shirkelton

Aug 20, 2020
Josh Lawson is such a good shout for Kano, haha. I hope this movie's good, the first left some big shoes to fill all those years ago and this could be something really special.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
the only thing that is giving me hope at the moment is the cast

but i've seen how it goes when kickass actors get directed in american films (usually bad/underutilized)

KBadOne

Oct 28, 2017
Could be a myriad of reasons.

Maybe COVID affected their FX house's schedule, maybe they delayed marketing this movie until after the HBO Max announcement, or maybe they don't have that much faith in it.
The last part is what worries me! Zero advertisement besides that 4 secs clips shoved in HBO Max trailers

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
One of the producers is insinuating that we'll be getting more posters all night. Next one in 2 hours, at 12 AM PST.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Sub-Zero and Scorpion are the most recognizable characters for casual fans. If they intended on keeping them both alive (and I imagine they do) then they would be the perfect excuse for a Friendship, just get their alliance settled by the end of the film.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They posted a Mileena poster on their twitter but it's gone now for some reason (She had a Sai with like, etched engravings and the mouth looked scarred/bloody at the sides but was closed and not wasn't showing full on tarkatan teeth)

Last edited:

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't have high hopes for this and think a TV series is a much better format for Mortal Kombat, but still can't wait to see it. Even a bad/mediocre MK movie is fun to watch!

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not expecting much in terms of plot, but if the fighting and cinematography are on point, it'll be worth a watch. I'm a sucker for martial arts movies and the cast is pretty stellar. Joe Taslim is gonna kill it as Subby.