• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Mileena looks much more Asian, doesn't she?
Well Kitana went from
latest

to
latest

(good upgrade imo.)

ZeroCDR

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Very cool, I have none of the DLC thus far so I'll likely just get the Ultimate package at some point. Super happy with the free next gen upgrade in the meantime.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
I feel Mileena fans deserved nothing for the harrassment they did towards NRS staff, so them getting a half-assed character is deserved.
This line of logic makes no sense

" Hey you fan at home not being a weirdo. Some weirdo's on the internet were being fucking weirdo's so you don't get the thing you want "

That's fucking silly and you can't operate like that

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
So this brings the roster to 37? I highly doubt they will leave it at that and not bring it to 40.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Yall Mileena has always been a fan favorite. Some batshit twitter stans should not make the character toxic and untouchable.

G-X

Oct 28, 2017
heads up for MK11 xbox players, also i think the WB sale is also still running on PSN but sony's store is unreachable for me right now

if you bought the Premium Edition of the game or bought the base game and Kombat Pack 1 on Xbox One the current sale will net you
- MK11: Aftermath for $23.99 usually $39.99
when you purchase Kombat Pack 2 making your package "Ultimate Edition" for $14.99 your total would be around $39, so the upgrade path for someone like me is by far cheaper even if I havent kept up but some of the dlc

also Kombat Pack 1 is on sale for $9.99 usually $19.99, i think even going this path if you have the base game nets you about 10 bucks savings if you are looking to go from base > ultimate

Village

Oct 25, 2017
More so like, your teacher punishing the class because 5 dudes are being assholes. It doesn't really solve anything the company itself misses out on some money because they wanted to deal " justice" or whatever. The mindset baffles me and I've seen this unironically said on this forum multiple times.

lusca_bueno

Nov 23, 2017
I don't get people saying Mileena is "half baked", she is serving an amazing look. Not only that, we already have a Kahnum outfit with a fucking helmet to look forward to, not to mention at least 1 other significantly varied outfit, and if we're lucky, 2 more like Frost.

Oct 25, 2017
This line of logic makes no sense

" Hey you fan at home not being a weirdo. Some weirdo's on the internet were being fucking weirdo's so you don't get the thing you want "

That's fucking silly and you can't operate like that

More telling you only care that "people who did nothing got punished" when them doing nothing is what enabled that much harassment.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Is there going to be a physical PS5 edition available in November? is it gonna be $60?
There'll be a $60 physical PS4 release in January; they specified "PS4 and PS4 Pro", so I assume that means there won't be a separate PS5 physical release in January. However, the PS4 version of MK11 Ultimate will upgrade to the PS5 version for free, so if it doesn't release physically on PS5 in November, that probably means the physical PS4 version w/ the free upgrade is all we'll get.

RedshirtRig

Nov 14, 2017
Cool. I enjoy Mileena, but I sure hope she was put in there by choice and not to appease some crazy fanboys. Wasn't sold on Rambo with the leaks, but seeing his in game model and Sly doing the voice won me over.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
More telling you only care that "people who did nothing got punished" when them doing nothing is what enabled that much harassment.
You know like most people who buy MK don't really engage with internet discussion of games at all and are petty casual. And their investment in the franchise is buying characters they like, usually guest characters or classic ones playing with them for a bit and moving on to the next thing game until a new drop happens. It is unrealistic and very naive to think that those people along other groups of people even knew people were harassing the devs for a character. They problably just wanted millennia and voiced it every once in a while.

Two and this is important, your suggestion does nothing. The harassment these devs receive both on line and in office ( because I and hopefully you haven't fogot about the weird workplace shit that has been going on with this game, crunch/harassment ect) societal failures fueled by capitalism. Taking the content away doesn't really solve the problems. It just robs people who aren't even aware or engaging on that level of things that want for " justice" . These people aren't going to learn because mileena isn't in the game. They aren't your fucking parents. This is a corporation that crunches its workers to make fight games where ninja's rip spines out. They litterally benifit from their workers being treated like shit. They have no incentive to actually make people participating in internet discourse or itself better people/corporation ect. There's no benefit to doing the thing that you said, its silly and seems very petty. And doesn't serve to solve a problem that lays at the feet of capitalism a bunch of other capitalistic societal failures.

So your wrong, I do care about those people. I'm just not naive to think that this weird substitute teacher bullshit you are spewing actually means anything outside of thinly vieled spite. If you really cared maybe you suggest actually actionable shit, like Neither realm treating their employee's better. Unionization. And the community more so than they have already cracking down on this shit. Along with creating spaces that can foster better conversation around video games. Like actionable action. Not this weird substitute teacher bullshit that is again, just thinly veiled spite

Last edited:

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
Have they ever added more characters after releasing an Ultimate edition of a game before?

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Cool. I enjoy Mileena, but I sure hope she was put in there by choice and not to appease some crazy fanboys. Wasn't sold on Rambo with the leaks, but seeing his in game model and Sly doing the voice won me over.
Those fanboys have money and money is the only thing corporations tend to care about. So the high demand is nice incentive for them.

Rambo's hair looks kinda funky in the render

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
This is so tempting for me as someone who just loves FGs in general.

I dont particularly enjoy MK11's gameplay but so far its the only FG I know of that will be available on PS5 shortly after release. Have we heard anything about others being port/upgrade ready?

I game shared MK11 with a friend who bought it on his account. I might just preorder Ultimate on mine so I have that FG fix at PS5 launch. Someone tell me if I dont need to do this and other FGs will be there at PS5 launch?

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Never knew Mileena was so hated by ERA users given seeing some of the comments, is this about her voice actress recent anti-BLM tweets? Like she's a very liked character with fans, why wouldn't she be highly requested?
Oh shit, didn't know about that. :(

I personally love Mileena, but I also get that her fanbase is incredibly obnoxious and toxic.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
what??? im averaging 4k 60 in this game on a 1080ti and 3600... you're telling me a 3700 class processor and RDNA2 GPU cant do the same unless its dynamic??
what are your settings? you cant just say you are doing 4k 60 without also accounting for all the visual settings.

Oct 26, 2017
They hate her cause a big amount of her fanbase is toxic, which doesn't make much sense lol.

Do we even know who's voicing her in MK11?

It's probably Kitana's current voice actress, Kari Wahlgren. Karen Strassman voiced both Kitana and Mileena in MK9 and MKX--it makes sense, since Mileena is a clone of Kitana.

So, it's probably just Kari Wahlgren's Kitana just sounding crazy.

Chaystic

Mar 2, 2020
Switzerland
It's probably Kitana's current voice actress, Kari Wahlgren. Karen Strassman voiced both Kitana and Mileena in MK9 and MKX--it makes sense, since Mileena is a clone of Kitana.

So, it's probably just Kari Wahlgren's Kitana just sounding crazy.
Someone from NRS confirmed on Twitter that it's Kari Wahlgren. Bit disappointed her take is so similar to Strassman's.

Yeah it's what I expected, thanks for the info.

prodyg

Oct 28, 2017
what are your settings? you cant just say you are doing 4k 60 without also accounting for all the visual settings.
Ultra.

and im almost sure that current consoles aren't running at those settings. Unless they're adding effects that are not in the PC version, there is no excuse for dynamic 4k.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Have they ever added more characters after releasing an Ultimate edition of a game before?
Not sure if it's happened in other games, but Netherrealm didn't add more characters after their final Injustice, Injustice 2, MK9, and MKX editions. MK11 Ultimate could prove to be the exception, though. If not more characters, I think we could see a few more skin packs, and maybe that movie voice pack that was rumored.

Oct 25, 2017
You know like most people who buy MK don't really engage with internet discussion of games at all and are petty casual. And their investment in the franchise is buying characters they like, usually guest characters or classic ones playing with them for a bit and moving on to the next thing game until a new drop happens. It is unrealistic and very naive to think that those people along other groups of people even knew people were harassing the devs for a character. They problably just wanted millennia and voiced it every once in a while.

Two and this is important, your suggestion does nothing. The harassment these devs receive both on line and in office ( because I and hopefully you haven't fogot about the weird workplace shit that has been going on with this game, crunch/harassment ect) societal failures fueled by capitalism. Taking the content away doesn't really solve the problems. It just robs people who aren't even aware or engaging on that level of things that want for " justice" . These people aren't going to learn because mileena isn't in the game. They aren't your fucking parents. This is a corporation that crunches its workers to make fight games where ninja's rip spines out. They have no incentive to actually make people participating in internet discourse or itself better people/corporation ect. There's no benefit to doing the thing that you said, its silly and seems very petty. And doesn't serve to solve a problem that lays at the feet of capitalism a bunch of other capitalistic societal failures.

So your wrong, I do care about those people. I'm just not naive to think that this weird substitute teacher bullshit you are spewing actually means anything outside of thinly vieled spite. If you really cared maybe you suggest actually actionable shit, like Neither realm treating their employee's better. Unionization. And the community more so than they have already cracking down on this shit. Along with creating spaces that can foster better conversation around video games. Like actionable action. Not this weird substitute teacher bullshit that is again, just thinly veiled spite

So what you are saying is "because there are internal issues and harassment at Netherrealm" (which I didn't forget) the harassment done by "people who don't really follow video game news" is ok and should be rewarded?

It baffles me you have the audacity to say you care about people while spewing all this drivel of saying "well harassment is really just a product of capitalism" when this is reading more like "I did nothing wrong, why should I not get Mileena?". Behavior like this should not be rewarded. Period. You say I am hiding thinly veiled spite because "I should be calling for action" when all this is is literally just going "well NRS aren't angels themselves". Them not releasing or making Mileena is an action and a choice.

FFS in this thread you literally say "well those Mileena fanboys print money and money is all companies care about" but me saying "they shouldn't accept that money because of the amount of harassment and vitriol" is substitute teacher mentality?

So "corporation want money = bad" but also "corporation decides not to take money due to the issues tied with it = bad because I want product"?

I am not ignorant on the internal issues at Netherrealm, but they are the ones who have to correct their workplace culture and ensure their employees are safe and treated well. And you know what that also includes? Making sure their employees aren't dogged, harrased and given death threats because people want a fighting game character.

Let's take another game as an example being Spiderman. The developers at Insomniac have been harrassed in 2 separate instances one being the Raimi suit, and the other being the change of Peter's face model. Even though Insomniac was working on the Raimi suit and were planning to release it, the harrassment their devs got was awful but they ended up releasing the suit anyways. It was completely free.

So while this was a nice gesture, the problem is it reinforces these idiots into thinking "death threats and harassment work, I will keep doing this when I don't get what I want" and we see them doing the exact same thing with Peter's face change.

You keep saying "companies must take action" but how many times do I need to see higher ups at companies tweeting "hey, we appreciate your "passion" but stop harassing our staff?" before you realize that doesn't work? Why should this awful behavior keep getting positive reinforcement?

But no, keep doing everything to remove your culpability in the spread of this behavior because of the "well, I didn't do it. I don't condone it, but I don't think I shouldn't be punished for other people doing it"

Your entire viewpoint of this being "punishment or spite" reveals that your "well NRS is the one party solely culpable for all issues" is an incredibly hollow justification for claiming you give a shit about people, but you still want the product.

Last edited: