• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

infinityBCRT

Nov 1, 2017
nope does not work. Here I took some photos

As you can see it wants me to buy the Ultimate game again, but says there is nothing in the store, and even though they show up under the "manage game" tab, I just get an error. It's so frustrating

Looks like you're in the actual PSN Store. I think what the previous poster was talking about was going in-game, and going to the in-game store. There should be a section called PSN Store within the in-game store which will guide you to the DLC.

BTW IMO I do think the experience sucks and is confusing. The ideal experience should be that it just lets you buy MK11 Ultimate, and discounts you based on the DLC you previously own. My path to upgrade for Aftermath was to buy the Aftermath DLC. But my path to upgrade to Ultimate was to buy KP2. If you go directly through the actual PSN store it's very confusing and inconsistent. And I still don't really know if I missed out on anything by not just buying the full on Ultimate bundle.

Oct 30, 2017
Not sure if you got the answer, but when you check the game hub you should see an option for ps5 upgrade. It didn't pop up for me until I deleted the game and then it showed up when I put the disc back in

That's what I just did, deleted the game (because I didnt have enough space to download the upgrade lol) look like it is working now.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
The more they add the bigger the drop will be when MK12 hits.
It will be, once again, really depressing when all the great bonus license characters disappear forever.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Try this:
www.resetera.com

Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate - Launch Trailer

The download process for this has been completely convoluted. I had the PS4 MK11 already on my PS5, but had to search for and initiate a download of another copy for the upgrade. I just initiated my characters downloads via the PS App. I used the listings with no ”PS4” label. Haven’t had a...
Not sure what you're linking me back to on this.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I sent NRS a tweet about it, but no clue if they'll respond.
The next gen ports seem very rushed.

Yeah, probably a tight schedule, which is why I hope there's still a chance for the performance mode options later if people voice their dissatisfaction. If we got those the next gen upgrade would be perfect.

QLOC'S work on the PC version options far outclasses what NRS did here as an upgrade, however to be fair they really didn't have a deadline and they had to remove the 60fps option briefly to fix some issues with it. However, that was also maybe a year ago(?). You'd think QLOC would have shared that knowledge back.

In any case, hopefully they can work on it, because with all of the other cross gen games getting awesome performance upgrades, this looks really poor.

In terms of all the logistical issues on PS5, Sony's updated web store and the PS5 UI is kind of a disaster in terms of ease of use and content management currently, so part of that may be on Sony.

xianren

Oct 27, 2017
Switzerland
Stay away from this release. The ps4 version has all the content on 2 discs (Version 1.24) while the PS5 version comes with download codes for the dlc.

Klotera

Oct 27, 2017
The download process for this has been completely convoluted. I had the PS4 MK11 already on my PS5, but had to search for and initiate a download of another copy for the upgrade.

I just initiated my characters downloads via the PS App. I used the listings with no "PS4" label. Haven't had a chance to check that they worked, but will report back here once I do.

Just an update that this did work.

Son of Liberty

Production
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
California
I have the PS4 disc version of MK11 and it seemed like launch was a bit of a mess yesterday.
The PS5 version didn't show up on the store for me until the evening time.
However, playing the game with drastically reduced load times and quicker menus is really nice. I would like to watch a comparison video to see if there are any visual upgrades. Still a great looking game and it's crazy impressive that it's all on a modified UE3 engine.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Just an update that this did work.
Did it work for all characters? I bought the aftermath version that included the KP1 characters on the disc. I can't download the non-aftermath DLC on the PS5 version (it has an error when I try to add the characters to the cart). Tried on app, webstore and PS5. It does say I own them when managing the add-on content, they're just grayed out in the game and they say I need to buy them.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I have the PS4 disc version of MK11 and it seemed like launch was a bit of a mess yesterday.
The PS5 version didn't show up on the store for me until the evening time.
However, playing the game with drastically reduced load times and quicker menus is really nice. I would like to watch a comparison video to see if there are any visual upgrades. Still a great looking game and it's crazy impressive that it's all on a modified UE3 engine.

I captured some shots of the same characters/stage on both the PS4 and PS5 versions running on the PS5 and flipping between them you can see a slight resolution increase evident on some character edges, but you'd have to closely analyze them to see much else that stands out.

Having a 60fps UI like on PC would have helped that navigation fluidity aspect more than the SSD as there are so many server checks baked into the menu loads.

Oct 25, 2017
So I pre-ordered the PS4 & PS5 Ultimate Monday night. So on Tuesday I went to go play. I was able to download everything but the Kombat Pack 2. So I ended up having to switch on the PS5 to view the PS4 version in the store. I went down to the dlc and it still wanted me to pay for the kombat pack 2. it showed all three characters on their own in the ps4 DLC. So I clicked on each one and got them all...Switched back to PS5 and was finally able to download them. It still says I have to buy the Ultimate Edition on PS5 and the Kombat Pack 2, but I already have all the content. I hope all games aren't like this in the future.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Was anyone else experiencing netcode issues yesterday? I was playing on PS5 last night and every game was a lag fest.

Son of Liberty

Production
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
California
I captured some shots of the same characters/stage on both the PS4 and PS5 versions running on the PS5 and flipping between them you can see a slight resolution increase evident on some character edges, but you'd have to closely analyze them to see much else that stands out.

Having a 60fps UI like on PC would have helped that navigation fluidity aspect more than the SSD as there are so many server checks baked into the menu loads.

Ah okay, that's interesting to hear. Thank you for letting me know!

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like you're in the actual PSN Store. I think what the previous poster was talking about was going in-game, and going to the in-game store. There should be a section called PSN Store within the in-game store which will guide you to the DLC.

BTW IMO I do think the experience sucks and is confusing. The ideal experience should be that it just lets you buy MK11 Ultimate, and discounts you based on the DLC you previously own. My path to upgrade for Aftermath was to buy the Aftermath DLC. But my path to upgrade to Ultimate was to buy KP2. If you go directly through the actual PSN store it's very confusing and inconsistent. And I still don't really know if I missed out on anything by not just buying the full on Ultimate bundle.

I have done that. On the PS5 version it tells me there is no content. On the PS4 version it wants me to pay.

I have all the PS4 version downloaded on my PS5 through the PSN store, and now can play the DLC on the PS4 version. But nothing works on the PS5 version.

the new characters from Kombat Pack 2 show as free, but even when I try and download them I get an error

Dr.Horrible

Oct 27, 2017
So if I have the PS4 disc version but want the PS5 Ultimate version, what's the cheapest way? I never bought any of the dlc so I'm guessing I just need to pony up for the full cost of Ultimate, right?

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
So if I have the PS4 disc version but want the PS5 Ultimate version, what's the cheapest way? I never bought any of the dlc so I'm guessing I just need to pony up for the full cost of Ultimate, right?
You'll get the next-gen "upgrades" without having to buy anything. If you want the full roster, etc., then yeah, you'll have to pony up.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
I think I narrowed down the issue for me. I bought aftermath kollection and kp2. Aftermath kollection has kp1 on disc, so it doesn't show that I own kp1. So I can't download the kp1 characters on ps5. Who do I complain to 😭

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
I have followed their step by step instructions on Twitter and by their logic there should be PS5 specific DLC. There is none. When I click download it only allows me to download time warriors skin, Rambo, Mileena and Rain. None of the others work. I have tried the PS4 DLC nothing works. I rang Sony and asked for a refund. I said I pre ordered the Ultimate Edition so I should have gotten the Ultimate Edition, just like every other game, not this run around find back doors to get it to work. So frustrating.

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017
I can't decide with Kombat Pack 2 is worth the $15. I can get the Aftermath Kollection during BF week for $25 and wait on KP2 to get it at $15 later (or even a later sale), or get MK11 Ultimate now for $40. There's also the third option of waiting for MK11 Ultimate to drop in price as well.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
So I still had DLC issues with the Aftermath Kollection, and it looks like I wasn't the only one. After trading emails with CS, sounds like they figured it out. This worked for me. (Ps4 aftermath kollection disc to PS5 upgrade)
You're welcome! I've already heard back on some changes for this. If you have a moment, could you give these steps a try?

1. Launch MK11 (PS5 version)
  2. Press the R2 Button to launch the in-game store
  3. Press the R1 Button to navigate to "PlayStation Store".
  4. On this list, look for an item named "Aftermath Kollection", if you've redeemed the code inside of the physical box, this will be listed for $0.00.
  5. Press the X Button to purchase. This should queue up any items you are missing.
  6. If it does not, you should see this store list update with all of the content you are missing from Kombat Pack 1.

datamage

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone figure out if there are any visual enhancements aside from resolution? And what happens with trophies that you've already unlocked in the PS4 version that you can't redo?

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I can't decide with Kombat Pack 2 is worth the $15. I can get the Aftermath Kollection during BF week for $25 and wait on KP2 to get it at $15 later (or even a later sale), or get MK11 Ultimate now for $40. There's also the third option of waiting for MK11 Ultimate to drop in price as well.
Where is Ultimate selling for $40?

JohngPR

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando, FL
I saw that the aftermath expansion is on sale on PS4 via PSN Store. Does anyone know if I buy that version, if I get the PS5 version for free?

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I saw that the aftermath expansion is on sale on PS4 via PSN Store. Does anyone know if I buy that version, if I get the PS5 version for free?

Expansion or the Kollection? Expansion would work if you have an original copy of the game, Kollection will work period.

EDIT: To clear this up some: if you have a copy of the game, any copy, just placing it in the PS5 (or downloading from PSN on PS5) will grant you the PS5 version.

JohngPR

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando, FL
Thanks. I have a copy of the PS5 version via PS4 upgrade, so I wasn't sure if buying the expansion on sale on PS4 would grant me the expansion on PS5.

OdjnRyu

Nov 8, 2017
Sorry, I wasn't sure where to ask and that's why I am posting in this old thread.

I see that there's a PS4 version of MK11 Ultimate coming out end of Feb. Wouldn't it be better to get that version since it's a free upgrade to PS5? Basically that would mean you have a disc that can play both on PS4 and PS5, as opposed to the PS5 physical version which is just for PS5, right?

Jan 11, 2018
Sorry, I wasn't sure where to ask and that's why I am posting in this old thread.

I see that there's a PS4 version of MK11 Ultimate coming out end of Feb. Wouldn't it be better to get that version since it's a free upgrade to PS5? Basically that would mean you have a disc that can play both on PS4 and PS5, as opposed to the PS5 physical version which is just for PS5, right?

Assuming it'll be like here in Europe where the PS4 version has already been out for months:

PS4 = All content on two discs, PS5 upgrade DLC via voucher
PS5 = Base game only, DLC via voucher

Cheap way of trying to prevent used sales and punish those who do buy used by making sure they all most likely just contain the base game for PS5 so they'll have to spend money on the DLC (since most people will use their voucher codes).

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
NA PS4 version won't have KP2 on disc according to a WB rep on Amazon.

OdjnRyu

Nov 8, 2017
Assuming it'll be like here in Europe where the PS4 version has already been out for months:

PS4 = All content on two discs, PS5 upgrade DLC via voucher
PS5 = Base game only, DLC via voucher

Cheap way of trying to prevent used sales and punish those who do buy used by making sure they all most likely just contain the base game for PS5 so they'll have to spend money on the DLC (since most people will use their voucher codes).

NA PS4 version won't have KP2 on disc according to a WB rep on Amazon.

Ah good to know. So it sounds like the PS5 disc version (or PS5 digital if you also want the PS4 version) is the way to go.

The content being on 2 discs for the PS4 version seems weird. Not sure how that'd work for PS5.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Ah good to know. So it sounds like the PS5 disc version (or PS5 digital if you also want the PS4 version) is the way to go.

The content being on 2 discs for the PS4 version seems weird. Not sure how that'd work for PS5.
How is the PS5 version the way to go? It has the least amount of content on disc.

PS4 Ultimate is the way to go since it does have the Aftermath DLC on disc.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Aftermath kollection is $25. Buy KP2 and you have everything (except time warriors costume pack)

For people who want digital & have Xbox Live Gold its on sale on the Xbox store the Ultimate Edition is on sale for $35 on the Xbox Store.

It includes the Kombat Pack 2 (usually $15).

Buy Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate - Microsoft Store

edit: wow, I just realized this thread was bumped and the person I quoted posted that in NOVEMBER lol.

OdjnRyu

Nov 8, 2017
How is the PS5 version the way to go? It has the least amount of content on disc.

PS4 Ultimate is the way to go since it does have the Aftermath DLC on disc.

I don't mind the DLC-in-1-Voucher thing much. But as someone mentioned, PS4 Ultimate doesn't come with KP2, and that's kind of a dealbreaker.