• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Klotera

Oct 27, 2017
Ok so when I search the playstation store it only tells me there is PS4 DLC, not PS5. Would I just download that? I do see Rambo, Mileena and Rain as "free" though, and they have no PS4 label on them. I see no Aftermath PS5 version or anything

it's really frustrating and something had changed. Yesterday when I was seeing if I could preload it told me I had the "PS4 Ultimate Edition", but would not let me download the free upgrade. Now when I check the PS store on the app, there is only an option for a PS4 standard and the Ultimate Edition for PS4 and PS5. It's almost as if they removed a SKU and it's somehow confusing the licensing into what we can and cannot download

The download process for this has been completely convoluted. I had the PS4 MK11 already on my PS5, but had to search for and initiate a download of another copy for the upgrade.

I just initiated my characters downloads via the PS App. I used the listings with no "PS4" label. Haven't had a chance to check that they worked, but will report back here once I do.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I also can't download the new content... outside of the preorder costumes. It says I own the characters, but not the pack, but it kicks an error whenever I try to download the characters.

joffocakes

Nov 15, 2017
Anyone got the platinum for the "original" 11? How is the platinum for someone that sucks at fighting games? IIRC Ultimate has the same list, might get it :P

I dont have many Platinum trophies, maybe five, but I have this. It was very easy as far as fighting games go. Maybe not as easy as Tekken 7 but not too much of a challenge. The Krypt stuff is a bit of a grind but that's about it.

Runwhiteboyrun

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
On the XSX I had to continually open the game, goto Manage game, find undownloaded items like characters, costume packs and the such. Then relaunch the game, and see what else was missing and then I got all the content.

Brivs

Creative Director, BancyCo
Verified
Nov 4, 2017
Toronto
Runwhiteboyrun I had the same "fun" experience too.

But I had a further issue: MK11 was being unclear, claiming that it was 100%, but "Ready to Start," and (on my Series X) was downloading 900+GB of 900+GB. I didn't know if this was some bug, or just an issue with what it was displaying, but I was worried it was just going to download forever.

So I went to my download queue and cancelled all pending downloads. Unfortunately, this apparently deleted the game from my Xbox. So now I'm stuck redownloading ~140GB of data, which will take me until tomorrow.

Can anyone with a Series X confirm the final installed size of everything for MK 11 Ultimate?

Runwhiteboyrun

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Runwhiteboyrun I had the same "fun" experience too.

But I had a further issue: MK11 was being unclear, claiming that it was 100%, but "Ready to Start," and (on my Series X) was downloading 900+GB of 900+GB. I didn't know if this was some bug, or just an issue with what it was displaying, but I was worried it was just going to download forever.

So I went to my download queue and cancelled all pending downloads. Unfortunately, this apparently deleted the game from my Xbox. So now I'm stuck redownloading ~140GB of data, which will take me until tomorrow.

Can anyone with a Series X confirm the final installed size of everything for MK 11 Ultimate?

Actually I did run into this same scenario as you last night. Said it was downloading 230 gigs and I turned it off. I downloaded the 4K story mode pack and that fixed me not having everyone except Mileena. Another restart and it worked fully.

Brivs

Creative Director, BancyCo
Verified
Nov 4, 2017
Toronto
Actually I did run into this same scenario as you last night. Said it was downloading 230 gigs and I turned it off. I downloaded the 4K story mode pack and that fixed me not having everyone except Mileena. Another restart and it worked fully.

Oh, thanks for the heads up! Crap, looks like I should have just let it go; not sure if the game was reporting things incorrectly or if the Xbox was, but I guess I just ruined MK night for no reason. 😅

Runwhiteboyrun

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, thanks for the heads up! Crap, looks like I should have just let it go; not sure if the game was reporting things incorrectly or if the Xbox was, but I guess I just ruined MK night for no reason. 😅

I had to redownload the game and the 4K pack total. Loved getting that data cap warning email.

But once everything loaded, it played fast and great.

Deleted member 19533

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm dealing with a chat agent atm. They've had me do a bunch of stuff, but the issue is the store says I don't own it--when I have purchased it as a pre-order and have shown the order to them.

We'll see how this pans out.

Deleted member 19533

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alright. It's a known issue at this point and they're working to resolve it. They're saying to try again after 7PM PST. That's the update time.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
I'm dealing with a chat agent atm. They've had me do a bunch of stuff, but the issue is the store says I don't own it--when I have purchased it as a pre-order and have shown the order to them.

We'll see how this pans out.
I'm having this same problem. I pre-ordered ultimate a couple weeks ago on PS4 thinking I'd have KP2 as well when I upgrade to PS5. But now the game that I "upgraded" to is the mk11 ps5 version that has everything except KP2...

Shitty part is it will let me download the KP2 characters for the ps4 version but not the ps5....this is BS

Edit:
Alright. It's a known issue at this point and they're working to resolve it. They're saying to try again after 7PM PST. That's the update time.

Awesome. Thanks for the update.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I wonder if this is it, or if there's still a chance for a few more characters. I think I'll definitely be buying this game when I get a Series X next year!

Good chance it is final. They adjusted the character select screen to where everything fits neatly now. You could still add 4 more and keep the css balanced:

2 at the top row and two more at the bottom. They still centered the bottom row so if didn't add anymore characters the screen is balanced. Unlike how fucked up marvel infinite's CSS is.

Last edited:

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone with DLC download issues on PS5.... once you get the PS5 version downloaded:

1. Launch the game
  2. Go to the "Store" in-game (R2 > R1 i think?)
  3. You should see all the DLC content/packs, and anything you previously owned will be $0
  4. "Buy" all your previous DLC and start download in-game

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So what are the odds of this not actually being the ultimate edition? Wasn't there a leak a while back that indicated even more fighters and story content was coming?

LiquidDom

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I had the vanilla game on Xbox but barely played it, wanted to jump back in and have everything so I just bought Ultimate and it seemingly downloaded everything on my Series X but 3 characters are unplayable still. Spawn, Mileena and one other I can't remember at the top of the CSS screen. Rambo is playable so I clearly have Mileena, hopefully these are just some small bugs they patch.

Deleted member 19533

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone with DLC download issues on PS5.... once you get the PS5 version downloaded:

1. Launch the game
  3. You should see all the DLC content/packs, and anything you previously owned will be $0
The problem people are having is that those that preordered don't have ownership of the DLC. It wants to charge us again.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017

1. Launch the game

nope does not work. Here I took some photos

As you can see it wants me to buy the Ultimate game again, but says there is nothing in the store, and even though they show up under the "manage game" tab, I just get an error. It's so frustrating

trevofour

Oct 26, 2017
joisey
If anyone's having trouble downloading the 2nd Kombat pack on ps5, try switching over to the ps4 version using the (...) icon next to the play button, switch over to the ps4 version and go to the store and the pack should be free there. Once that's downloaded switch back to ps5 version and it should be free there. You may get an error or two but keep trying.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone got the PS4 version at retail in the US?

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone's having trouble downloading the 2nd Kombat pack on ps5, try switching over to the ps4 version using the (...) icon next to the play button, switch over to the ps4 version and go to the store and the pack should be free there. Once that's downloaded switch back to ps5 version and it should be free there. You may get an error or two but keep trying.
Well shit...that worked. All I had to do was download the characters individually on the ps4 version and then it automatically queued up the PS5 character as well... Thanks for the tip!

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The "enhancements" are almost nothing. Slightly higher resolution and that's about it. Barely noticeable improvement over the Pro/One X versions visually. UI/intros/outros/friendships/fatalaties/krushing blows/Krypt are still locked at 30 fps. Didn't get a 60 fps performance option upgrade for those like the PC got a ways back.

It's easily one of the weakest nex-gen upgrades if you can even call it that.

I'm sticking with just running the PS4 version on PS5's SSD because I can still use my DualShock 4 that way and the PS4 Pro resolution already looked great. I'd rather put the wear on my extra DS4s which feel better to me for this game.

Man, this is disappointing, most of all because they actually promoted there bing a next gen upgrade. I guess the PS5 and Series X version is just equivalent to PCs highest settings?

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
The "enhancements" are almost nothing. Slightly higher resolution and that's about it. Barely noticeable improvement over the Pro/One X versions visually. UI/intros/outros/friendships/fatalaties/krushing blows/Krypt are still locked at 30 fps. Didn't get a 60 fps performance option upgrade for those like the PC got a ways back.

It's easily one of the weakest nex-gen upgrades if you can even call it that.

I'm sticking with just running the PS4 version on PS5's SSD because I can still use my DualShock 4 that way and the PS4 Pro resolution already looked great. I'd rather put the wear on my extra DS4s which feel better to me for this game.
Ugh. I guess this seals it for me. I'll stick with the pc version.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
well that's weird. Maybe when they fix it proper it will allow you to purchase the ultimate edition free, as I'm sure it was not designed to work like it did haha. Well I mean at least I hope not
Who knows, this whole BC upgrade business was always gonna be funky. I don't really care what they do so long as i get what I paid for and right now I got it so I'm happy lol.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Who knows, this whole BC upgrade business was always gonna be funky. I don't really care what they do so long as i get what I paid for and right now I got it so I'm happy lol.

your right but it shouldn't require workarounds. Even on their FAQ site it still just says it should be added to your library. I will have to try once I get home though I just wanted some terminator vs Rambo tonight : (

Jan 11, 2018
Man, this is disappointing, most of all because they actually promoted there bing a next gen upgrade. I guess the PS5 and Series X version is just equivalent to PCs highest settings?

Not even that by the looks of it. The PC version got a patch to raise the fps cap during cinematics, menus and the Krypt from 30 to 60. This neat little update seems to be missing from the new ports.

Deleted member 19533

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mileena worked--however, the other two don't seem to. Well, at least I got the character I want for the time being.

Laser Ramon

Oct 28, 2017
I preordered the DLC and didn't have it entitled on PS5. Luckily I still have my PS4 with MK11 installed and sure enough, the dlc characters (not the kombat pack) are showing up as Free. As soon as I redeemed them on PS4, I switched back to PS5 and I had access to them. Very confusing.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
I preordered the DLC and didn't have it entitled on PS5. Luckily I still have my PS4 with MK11 installed and sure enough, the dlc characters (not the kombat pack) are showing up as Free. As soon as I redeemed them on PS4, I switched back to PS5 and I had access to them. Very confusing.

Yeah this is exactly what I had to do. I was freaking out before hand.

Deleted member 19533

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alright, so I found another way to claim your content for PS5 for those that pre-ordered.

You can do it via PC on the PlayStation store. While, on PS5, the content says "unavailable" under each individual character, on the web store it says "Free." You can claim the content there, and the next time you start your game it should say "you have new content. Would you like to download?"

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
Got it going on the native PS5 version and I got this for load times
1-2 seconds for loading into a Versus match
0.5-1 second for rematch

That's all I tested so far but it was basically instant.

Activiy cards for anyone curious where
Story mode
Online play including Casual, Rank, Ai sets, and King of the Hill

Sadly no offline versus card to load right into it :(

Oct 30, 2017
Got it going on the native PS5 version and I got this for load times
1-2 seconds for loading into a Versus match
0.5-1 second for rematch

That's all I tested so far but it was basically instant.

Activiy cards for anyone curious where
Story mode
Online play including Casual, Rank, Ai sets, and King of the Hill

Sadly no offline versus card to load right into it :(
How do you get native PS5 version? I got the update but load times are not as fast as yours. Do I have to select ps5 version from the game launcher?

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure those would be the Aftermath and Kombat Pack 2, which have now both launched
No. There was another leak, or supposed leak, before Aftermath and Kombat Pack 2 that had details that turned out to be right for both -- along with other details that have not yet come to pass including a couple more characters and a second story expansion. I don't really remember the specific details, but it was something along those lines.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, so I found another way to claim your content for PS5 for those that pre-ordered.

You can do it via PC on the PlayStation store. While, on PS5, the content says "unavailable" under each individual character, on the web store it says "Free." You can claim the content there, and the next time you start your game it should say "you have new content. Would you like to download?"

I will give this a shot because I tried the PS4 trick and they do show under "manage game content" that I have them installed, but are not available to play in game and are greyed out. Yet when I click "x to purchase" it tells me ;

" the item you are looking for is unavailable. It might not be for sale yet or it might no longer be for sale."

this is super annoying now, this shit should be fixed!

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
How do you get native PS5 version? I got the update but load times are not as fast as yours. Do I have to select ps5 version from the game launcher?
I put the disc into my system and got the upgrade from the game menu at the bottom of the home menu and downloaded it that way.
Then just pick the ps5 version from the menu and you should have it

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sticking to the PS4 version because I don't have enough room on internal for the PS5 version. Shame Sony launched PS5 with such low HD space and no expandability.

Playing the PS4 version on PS5, it asked me to do the tutorial matches again when trying an online match - anyone else?

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Sticking to the PS4 version because I don't have enough room on internal for the PS5 version. Shame Sony launched PS5 with such low HD space and no expandability.

Playing the PS4 version on PS5, it asked me to do the tutorial matches again when trying an online match - anyone else?

Yeah it's doing that for everyone. What I did was download the ultimate characters through the add ons for ps4 page on the ps5. Then I installed ps5 version and deleted the old version.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
You know what? Fuck this shit. I have downloaded the PS4 version add ons, they don't work in my PS5 version.

I have downloaded the PS4 game to my PS5 and it wants me to buy them again.

how the hell does a company launch a game this broken? Hell if an indie company can do it with The Pathless, how can WB not?

trevofour

Oct 26, 2017
joisey
I sent NRS a tweet about it, but no clue if they'll respond.

Try this:
www.resetera.com

Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate - Launch Trailer

The download process for this has been completely convoluted. I had the PS4 MK11 already on my PS5, but had to search for and initiate a download of another copy for the upgrade. I just initiated my characters downloads via the PS App. I used the listings with no ”PS4” label. Haven’t had a...

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Not sure if you got the answer, but when you check the game hub you should see an option for ps5 upgrade. It didn't pop up for me until I deleted the game and then it showed up when I put the disc back in