• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DashReindeer

Perfect World
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty good show so far, with some of the best kind of awkwardness we've come to expect from live reveals.

ed8oZzH.gif

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ronda "She can chop her pecker off" Rousey . Why cant we leave voice work to actual voice talent or hell even actors cause she was shit in that mark walburg movie Mile 22

Oct 27, 2017
Okay....your singular sale is going to really kill MK11 sales! Better watch out NRS!

As if they care at all. Most people, outside of this site and other gaming forums, probably think it is a cool addition to have celebrity appearances in these games. They don't care about the quality of voice acting or the actresses personal views on things, whether they are terrible or not.
I don't care what people think or if they buy it. I care about myself.
I can guarantee you most actors in stuff you consume have lots of shitty opinions. It's not a case like Kingdomcome deliverance where the fundamental design was fucked because the person in charge of the studio was a massive racist.
Didn't buy that game either after I found out who is making it.

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
If Geras punches Sonya in this game does that count as a sandy hook?

I'm going to hell.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Sonya looks like a trash.
Skarlet design is disgusting.
Geras is just meh and totally unoriginal.

Overall not impressed at all.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
I'm kind of shocked that the game animations didn't seem to look even a little better. Like wow. Not sure what to think.

I think it's time for people to accept that what they don't like it largely a stylistic approach that these games have. Yes there are goofy animations which have improved with every game but the flow of combat is never going to change.

You're either gonna like it or don't. Just a matter of different tastes.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
With Kabal being in this now all that I need is Ermac and I'm good. My only fear is that with having Scarlet "which looks fantastic", they may skip on Ermac on release. If Ermac is not on release then I can just use Shang Tsung for my wizardly fun.

Strittles

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This game looks fucking amazing. Netherrealm make the best looking fighting games in the business.

I want to get a clearer look at the variations. It seems like there are still preset variations but you can now make your own with an Injustice style gear system. I wonder if the rumor of older characters having a classic variant is true. Seemed like Scorpion's classic design was tied to one but it might of just been a custom one.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Ronda as Sonya Blade really stuck out to me. It took me a couple seconds to understand the "Trust me, I'm not your type" intro with Scarlet because nothing about the delivery suggested it was a joke.

Yog-Sothoth

Oct 1, 2018
Of course Era was going to go totally off topic and turn this into a Rousey thread. Why did I expect anything else?

kitzkozan

Oct 25, 2017
Not boycoting, all they are doing is losing money.

Why exactly?

Ronda is a piece of shit and them making her Sonya Blade is bad. Especially after they nailed everything.

Stop thinking that the vast majority of the MK fanbase might even be close to sharing your opinion. The most probable outcome is that they don't and will buy the game because of the crazy gore and story mode (along with plenty of casual friendly content as far as a FG goes). I think this game will outsell the last MK given that Tekken is back on track with 7 and DBFZ got casuals into the genre.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So dumb to make Ronda Rousey Sonya. Now she'll be all you see when you play as her. Why the hell do they feel the need to basically kill one of the main characters and replace her with some real name person? Dumb decision.

Deleted member 30935

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
One of the best parts about this game is knowing you can change the costume if you don't like it.

Skarlet's costume looks alright, but chances are she's going to get some amazing alts.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Besides Rhonda, worst thing about today was the Comeback mechanic comes back even after you whiff

Like lmfao

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully Geras has a real grappler's fatality in addition to the surprisingly ho-hum one they showed.