• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, I refuse to believe that this is the best they could do on Switch. Smash Bros Ultimate looks SO much better than this.

They didn't even try to keep any of the visual features by optimising them. They just continuously switched them off until they hit 60FPS and called it a day. Typical WB Middle Finger Treatment to Nintendo owners.

H13

Oct 27, 2017
seems like people want to compare handheld and 4k graphics. which is silly to compare

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
I think it's fine to say you wouldn't want a Switch port of the game because the visuals for MK11 is that important to you, but why are people acting so surprised at the downgraded visuals when we had enough current gen games ported to the Switch, which got lots of press about the quality to have a decent idea of what's possible on the Switch? It's not like this is really that much worse compared to other ports, while keeping its 60fps. Personally, I'd even take bigger hits to the character models to get it at native res and 60fps.

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Atrocious? Seems like total hyperbole.
Here's more

maxresdefault.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-1992-Sub-Zero-vs-Scorpion-Arcade-Screenshot.jpg

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Ah, nothing like hyperbole in the morning.

Did someone write vomit infusing yet? I think that's all missing.

Rikimaru

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah, I refuse to believe that this is the best they could do on Switch. Smash Bros Ultimate looks SO much better than this.

They didn't even try to keep any of the visual features by optimising them. They just continuously switched them off until they hit 60FPS and called it a day. Typical WB Middle Finger Treatment to Nintendo owners.
Smash characters and stages have much lower polycounts.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
The lack of lighting is what hurts it the most. It seems they didn't really customize assets for the switch, just removed and compressed what was made for the current platforms. You could probably get better results than this with more time and care but i think some people have too high expectations for a handheld that has less than a 1/3rd the power of the next platform this game is on.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
For the Switch's hardware this has all the right compromises for 60fps. I admit the shadows/lighting can make the models look flat but I'd take that if it means a smooth frame rate. I'm definitely looking forward to getting the Switch version! Especially taking into consideration that Unreal 3 isn't officially supported on the Switch.

Maybe to please graphics fans there should be a 30fps mode with better looking visuals.

Makes me excited to see if they'll be a Switch Pro patch in the future, and what that will bring!

Laser Ramon

Oct 28, 2017

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México

giphy.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Looks like a good port indeed.

I see this video, and it looks pretty good to me, I don't know how anybody could call that a shit port. Graphics during intros and gameplay are very well preserved, funnily enough it's fatalities that seem to have got the biggest hit by far. I wonder if they could patch some of the shading sources for the fatalities back, because it's weird that characters have specularity and self shadowing during the introduction videos but not during the fatalities.

Oct 27, 2017

I see this video, and it looks pretty good to me, I don't know how anybody could call that a shit port. Graphics during intros and gameplay are very well preserved, funnily enough it's fatalities that seem to have got the biggest hit by far. I wonder if they could patch some of the shading sources for the fatalities back, because it's weird that characters have specularity and self shadowing during the introduction videos but not during the fatalities.

Looks good and I hope they improve the look of the Fatalities (better shading, lightning,..)

test_account

Oct 25, 2017

Seems that the video got removed, but yeah, i think it looks pretty good indeed. I expected it to have less graphical details compaired to the other versions, and what i've seen so far looks to be within my expectations.

clickKunst

Dec 18, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Yeah, I have an Xbox One in the living room so I'll be getting the game for that system. No fuss for a non-portable MK11. I still have Smash Bros, which I'm very addicted to. Not impressed with MK11's visuals on the Switch.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Looks muddy and blurry to me. Crispness of the UI only highlights it more. Definitely waiting for a sale for this one.

Christo750

May 10, 2018
It definitely looks fine. The scaledown is a little intense IMO. I wonder what else they could've added.

So long as it plays a consistent 60 FPS, I'm in.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
It's impressive they get some of these games to run at all. Looking acceptable AND running at 60fps? Witchcraft!

Most of these are at around PS3 level graphics. That's well within the Switch's capabilities and certainly doesn't evoke 'witchcraft '.
Hellblade Switch for example doesn't look any more impressive than Rise of the Tomb Raider on the Xbox 360.

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
this is a case where Era opinions and reports are utterly useless.

I need to see it running on a switch while I am holding it in front of me, play a couple of rounds and decide for myself.

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
What's even the point in a portable version when the towers and krypt have an always online requirement?

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

There's only so much resources they can devote to a port of this sort. It's unfair to compare a game downported from the PS4 to one designed from the ground up for the Switch.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
What's even the point in a portable version when the towers and krypt have an always online requirement?

I'd say I play my Switch undocked about 50% of the time and it rarely leaves the house. Playing while my wife watches tv or while laying in bed or just lounging while I have something on in the background.

When people say they want a portable version they don't always mean to take outside the house.

Bookkoo

Apr 9, 2018
I'd say I play my Switch undocked about 50% of the time and it rarely leaves the house. Playing while my wife watches tv or while laying in bed or just lounging while I have something on in the background.

When people say they want a portable version they don't always mean to take outside the house.
This right here

People dont understand that the switch is a game changer for those of us with wives working their way through 15 seasons of greys anatomy.

As my primary console I am excited for the port and looks good for what it is..I was expecting less to be honest.

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
This right here

People dont understand that the switch is a game changer for those of us with wives working their way through 15 seasons of greys anatomy.

As my primary console I am excited for the port and looks good for what it is..I was expecting less to be honest.

Or with kids watching The Little Mermaid for the 50th time.

Dec 23, 2017
This right here

I play undocked about 90ish percent of the time. Wii U spoiled me and switch just took it to the next level. I never can go back to being a traditional console owner. Really looking forward to the next iteration of the switch.

base_two

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry, but there is no way MK11 switch is on the same ballpark of MKX.

*shrug* don't know what to tell you. I've looked at both back and forth and I don't see a huge difference outside the obvious IQ/resolution downgrades. Lighting in MKX was noticeably dull and Injustice 2 is where WB Games really hit their stride in the graphics department, specifically how improved lighting was. MK11 has much better animations, models, and colors and that does a lot for the look of this game compared to MKX.