• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dangle

Oct 25, 2017
Pre-ordered at GameStop and picked it up at 9. Don't think I got a code for Shao Kahn though. Will he just pop up in my game automatically?
Just had this same issue where I had to go back to ask as it was supposed to be on the receipt. In my case, I learned they changed their policies where you're ineligible for pre-order codes if you pre-order after 3pm the Monday before. Fortunately, they were still kind enough to give me one.

Askherserenity

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Just had this same issue where I had to go back to ask as it was supposed to be on the receipt. In my case, I learned they changed their policies where you're ineligible for pre-order codes if you pre-order after 3pm the Monday before. Fortunately, they were still kind enough to give me one.

Ah, yeah. I just pre-ordered this past Saturday. I'll go beg tomorrow.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't the code in the game's case? Regardless of pre-order I got reports every early physical copy has Shao Khan's code.

Dangle

Oct 25, 2017
I asked about this earlier but can now confirm playing the game right now. The game has legacy stick support (old ps3 madcatz SF4 TE in particular). I can turn off my DS4 and still play using the stick as well. Thank you NRS

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Have the Switch version in hand. Plays like a dream, handheld is ugly as sin but the game doesn't look too awful docked on a 65" 4K TV aside from the shimmering and during fatalities where it gets downright unpleasant. Audio doesn't sound too compressed either. Loading times could be shorter though.

All in all, seems rock solid so far.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Should be a stipulation if the person who has a claim to make the OT not have it ready within the release deadline, they lose their claim and anyone else has free reign to post an OT in their place instead.

We are an hour and 9 minutes away from the 23rd. Surely someone else has something in the works by now?

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
For anyone else that has the game, how did you get Shao Kahn?
Was there a code in the box? I didn't get anything in the box with the game. No email or anything

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
This massively delayed PC release with still no footage is making me slightly worried
Ah geez, it's not looking good.

mortalkombatgold-11-1.png

Acido

Oct 31, 2017
So, for the Switch version. If I preloaded the game do I get Shao Kahn automatically, or do I have to use a code or link?

Flame Flamey

Feb 8, 2018
Have the Switch version in hand. Plays like a dream, handheld is ugly as sin but the game doesn't look too awful docked on a 65" 4K TV aside from the shimmering and during fatalities where it gets downright unpleasant. Audio doesn't sound too compressed either. Loading times could be shorter though.

All in all, seems rock solid so far.
Were the joycon buttons rough playing it handheld? Main reason to get it for the Switch for me would be playing it handheld, and I'm worried the lack of a d-pad will make it difficult to play, and I should just get the PS4 version.

Anyone else have it for the Switch can chime in on this?

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Were the joycon buttons rough playing it handheld? Main reason to get it for the Switch for me would be playing it handheld, and I'm worried the lack of a d-pad will make it difficult to play, and I should just get the PS4 version.

I don't have the Switch version but I don't think the joy-con "dpad" should be an issue for MK inputs

Flame Flamey

Feb 8, 2018
I don't have the Switch version but I don't think the joy-con "dpad" should be an issue for MK inputs
Yeah, if the game required QCFs and stuff, I'd stay away, but I'm still worried the inputs will be rough, I'm imagining what it'll be like but I'm not sure what it'll be like actually playing it

I should look into getting that Hori joycon I guess

Feeroper

Oct 25, 2017

I haven't played it yet but I have heard from a number of sources who have who actually said the split dpad was perfect for the game. Take that however you wil.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
egg hasn't been on since early this morning, and the last thing he posted was an incorrect assumption about OTs only going up the day before release. :/

I don't want it to sound like I'm bad mouthing but ultimately this is kind of what happened when I was working with egg on the Black Ops 4 OT (he was doing the art and would post, I aided with info gathering, etc). Which in the end never got made. I believe stuff came up that prevented him from being able to post it but never actually found out what.

Edit: To say, I don't think they're doing it intentionally but real life stuff just getting in the way sadly.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

Yeah, easily the worst part of playing the Switch version. Basic combos feel hard to pull off for me. I'll get used to it over time but for now, it's hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.