• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Mortal Kombat 11 |OT| Krypt-o-currency

3V0Z.gif

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain it to me? I am not familar with any of the two hand signs(?) Johnny makes.
The first was the circle game. You make the hand sign to try and get someone to look down, if they do then you punch them. The new hand sign is him holding out his middle finger to say fuck you.

Last edited:

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Mortal Kombat 11 |OT| For you, it was a day wherein your brain and spinal column got ripped out and put into a cyborg husk that is subservient to a time-traveling god-being. For me, it was a Tuesday.

That fits, right?

Blaackstarr

Oct 30, 2017
SonicFox makes Erron Black look awesome. But I'm stickin with Jaqcui, Kitana and Jax, for now, until I try out most of the roster.

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
How is Shao Kahn? Is he as fun to play as he looks in the trailer? How hard does he troll with taunts?

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
SonicFox is the most unconfortable person to listen to while streaming, dude can't open his mouth without spewing shit.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
What the... I just checked the store and now you can buy Time Crystals, 500 go for 4.99€/$. So buying a costume, that is already in the base game and that you just want to unlock quicker, costs you 5€/$. That is very steep.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
We asked the guy yesterday what he was doing with the OT and he said he'd post it

this morning and he is nowhere to be seen ?

What a joke...

What the... I just checked the store and now you can buy Time Crystals, 500 go for 4.99€/$. So buying a costume, that is already in the base game and that you just want to unlock quicker, costs you 5€/$. That is very steep.

In MKX you had one skin to unlock. Every single one that came after that had to be purchased (outside of cross promo stuff). They said they'll add more skins to unlock over time too.

So at this point yes it is a necessary evil, the alternative is having to buy every skin. At least you're guaranteed to get free cool skins for your mains and then yeah gotta have to luck out or grind for the rest of the cast.

I honestly can't find a solution that "pleases" everyone because costumes are expensive to make for devs, especially if they keep adding content. The simple fact we can get them for free is pretty cool IMO.

As long as they keep difficulty and grind time in check I'm okay with it.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So at this point yes it is a necessary evil, the alternative is having to buy every skin. At least you're guaranteed to get free cool skins for your mains and then yeah gotta have to luck out or grind for the rest of the cast.

I honestly can't find a solution that "pleases" everyone because costumes are expensive to make for devs, especially if they keep adding content. The simple fact we can get them for free is pretty cool IMO.

As long as they keep difficulty and grind time in check I'm okay with it.

These costumes are already in the base game, that we paid full price for. They are not additional DLC. Also, most of those costumes are simple color variations, those are not expensive to make.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so envious of all of you that are already playing the game. I just checked amazon, and it says my copy won't arrive until Saturday. Despite all the problems with the progression, I am really looking forward to the story mode. Next time I'll just buy digital I guess.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
In these final hours, we commemorate our most beloved one of all, who could not be here today to join the roster. Gone, but not forgotten. He was many, and we were but one. Oh, how he cherished to remind us of this fact every five minutes. And cherished it we did as well all the same.

BI38Fm.gif

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Can you still pre order the game on PS4, or is it already out? Normally you can pre-order right up until release.

You should be able to still pre-order. I've pre-ordered many a game in the final few minutes before it hit official launch time because I was always too lazy to do it earlier. Hell, I only just pre-ordered MK11 a few hours ago.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
These costumes are already in the base game, that we paid full price for. They are not additional DLC. Also, most of those costumes are simple color variations, those are not expensive to make.

?
Base game means very little. This is content that was made precisely because of that system. Without the system there would be two costumes per character, with no recolors, like MKX.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017

Exactly. People are not asking for more free content on top of the base game cost, just a fun, reasonable, unlock progression for what's there in the base game they bought.

My response to the "you just want to unlock everything in an hour" retorts, is No, I don't reasonably expect that. I expect progression for unlocks in a fighter should be on par with the amount of time for completetion of a common AAA single player experience. Last Krypt took what 20 hours maybe? So for this someting a little longer? Maybe 30-40? I'll even go a tad further say maybe similar to an AAA open-world game completion time? I find that totally reasonable for the cosmetics in a base game.

If they want to make this a "service" game start with content outside of the base package for that. The service should not be to stretch out the base content for an unreasonably long amount of time. People did not sign up for that service. If they don't want people to expect to acces the content in a reasonable amount of time, don't include it.

Catspit

Oct 27, 2017
I assume this game will work like X. How is the matchmaking for a brand new player? WIll they get matched up against veteren players non stop?

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
I assume this game will work like X. How is the matchmaking for a brand new player? WIll they get matched up against veteren players non stop?

At first no, but eventually casual players will fall off. Mortal Kombat a pretty big seller game so expect there to be a lot of casuals or first timers to the franchise in the first month.

Askherserenity

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Pre-ordered at GameStop and picked it up at 9. Don't think I got a code for Shao Kahn though. Will he just pop up in my game automatically?

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
You don't get any less content with this game than any other full price fighting game. The opposite in fact.
It still feels super skeevy though. A lot of these trailers have showed off the customisation you can do, was it foolish to believe I'd be able to dress up Noob how I like after a few hours of unlocking stuff?
That said, I'm pretty sure you can find comparable content in other fighting games though, be it SP content hours (which the Blazblue games likely have NRS beat) or even customisation with the old MK Armageddon release or even Soulcalibur III/IV back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.