• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Onliner

Oct 29, 2017
So the lesson here is that construction feedback is good. Falling apart at the seams and proclaiming the death of the game before it launches is perhaps a bit histrionic.
Hmm too little too late. It has already been declared a cynical dead end failure

Seriously though that's good. I hope it's addressed in a meaningful and long term manner

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Question as a MK newcomer:
Since they are showing the Shao Khan statue in the KK right now, why did his body and skin look human in all games before MK11 and now it looks more like a lizard's or toad's skin with warts, scales, spikes and stuff?

Blaackstarr

Oct 30, 2017
NRS listens to their community. They had already buffed the dashes after the stress test. Glad they are addressing the Towers and Krypt, and it sounds soon, since they don't need to patch stuff to change values around.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So the lesson here is that constructive feedback is good. Falling apart at the seams and proclaiming the death of the game before it launches is perhaps a bit histrionic.

The damage is done as far as reviews and day one sales go.

I'm more surprised that folks are surprised that they're gonna look at it though. It's 2019, stuff like this gets addressed (sup DOA6)

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Since they are showing the Shao Khan statue in the KK right now, why did his body and skin look human in all games before MK11 and now it looks more like a lizard's or toad's skin with warts, scales, spikes and stuff?
It's either just simply a redesign because they thought he'd look cooler this way or it's something that will be explained in the story mode of MK11.

BurnKnuckle21

Nov 17, 2017

They've always been sort of ambiguous about his race. Back in the day there were rumors about him being part dragon or even earlier that he was Tarkatan. He definitely isn't just regular human but I think it's mostly just a design choice if it isn't explained in the story.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Shao Khan part dragon or something?
He was originally intended to be Tarkatan (all Outworlders were originally going to be Tarkatan),but that was dropped. I've never heard anything about him being part dragon before.

Since it's not explained in the story I'm going to headcanon away his redesign by saying this Shao Khan is from a timeline where he absorbed the soul of Onaga and in turn unexpectedly gained some dragon like features.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone make a twitch clip of the part where they talked about responding to tower/krypt feedback? I want to update the "WB Strikes Again" thread

Oct 26, 2017
Finished the story.
  • Outworld plot stuff is the best part
  • Scorpion/sub zero stuff was good
  • The cage storyline would be good/ok if sonyas voice actor wasnt total shite
  • Jax family stuff ok
  • Anything to do with the main plot is shit

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's just some new cool design they went with. I kinda like it.

I think pretty much all designs are amazing in this game. What a big shift from older MKs... That's the reason why I was for the first time interested in a MK. MK11 is absolutely beautiful, and being a character artist myself I do really appreciate that.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Glad they are adressing towers and krypt so swiftly! Hyped again! Gonna take a look at Noob, Kano and Erron Black first I think. People who played a few online matches, what are the characters you fought most often yet?

When is the OT?
Mortal Kombat 11 |OT| Roster & Stages Discussion Forever

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Uhhh is Mercy a new thing??
Nope...
yzstkihexn321.jpg

They were use in MK3... and they were required for Animalities. So... hmmm......

Nov 18, 2017
I'm happy they're listening, and I don't mind grinding for stuff as an incentive to keep playing for years - it just needs to be well-paced and balanced so it's rewarding the player rather punishing them or becoming a chore/turn-off. It's a delicate balance for a GaaS to achieve.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I think pretty much all designs are amazing in this game. What a big shift from older MKs... That's the reason why I was for the first time interested in a MK. MK11 is absolutely beautiful, and being a character artist myself I do really appreciate that.
They have improved so much since MK9. And it's one of my favourite fighters, having a great time with it online.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe they didn't account for the skill gap between their testers and day 1 reviewers.

I feel like more fighting games need "closed betas" with random people. Sure there are going to be amazing players playing the game, but there is also going to be a bunch of people like myself who are slightly above garbage tier. I know I'm not the only person who knows multiple people who play mk and all of them are pretty meh. Not saying balance around them, but at least take their experience into account.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
I feel like more fighting games need "closed betas" with random people. Sure there are going to be amazing players playing the game, but there is also going to be a bunch of people like myself who are slightly above garbage tier. I know I'm not the only person who knows multiple people who play mk and all of them are pretty meh. Not saying balance around them, but at least take their experience into account.
Absolutely. It's also hard to know if the challenge level is "it hurts so good" or "please stop." The pain point might be different for a fighting game than it is for something like a Souls game.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely. It's also hard to know if the challenge level is "it hurts so good" or "please stop." The pain point might be different for a fighting game than it is for something like a Souls game.

I mean if they want to keep it super hard then make different Consumables that really level the playing field. That way if player x is super good and can do it without them great but if player y is mediocre like me and needs them ok that's OK too. Choices are good

Status
Not open for further replies.